39 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

I already wasn't a fan of the new Battle Beast line DST is releasing and ZIK made things even worse but now we've reached another level of frustration as these things start to show up on Ebay as some sort of bad nightmare :)

Can't ebay just make a different area for these as well like we did on the board preventing all real BB fans (LOL) these frustrations of beeing confronted with a blue, red, gold vorin......... what's next a transparent one?

Wished Takara/Hasbro never lost their original name because now DST is even turning Ebay into a mess.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

I know it's probably no comfort but I'm sure there are lots of Minimates fans searching 'Battle Beasts' and thinking "What the hell are these things?" when they see all the original stuff.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#3 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

When you search, type "-minimates" or "-sdcc". It's a little annoying, but less annoying than having to see that crap.

#4 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Look I get that there's a lot of DST bashing on here, but enough is enough. No offense GJ but I think everyone needs to grow up a little and unfortunately it just happened to be your post that pushed me over the edge. It's not a surprise anymore, I get it that a lot of you dislike the new line. You can give it a rest already. You and many others are doing the same thing to this board that you think the new minimate Battle beasts are doing to eBay. You're just cluttering things up. Every day I have to wade through pages of posts hating on DST and bringing zero additional value to this board, just wah wah wah. Posts like this are no better then spambots.

Ebay does not have a Battle Beasts category so good luck petitioning it to add a subcategory to a non-existent category. I happen to like the new line with the exception of Zik and the spider and enjoyed the fact that I got my SDCC 2 pack, and my red, blue and eventually gold Vorins all from the Bay just by typing in Battle Beasts like I do every day. If it bothers you that much, next time you do your search, after the results come up, click the button that says "advanced", when that page loads there is another field that says "exlude words from your search" type minimate in there and you can be on your way.

Tutorial over. Jon can we close this thread and get back to relevant topics :)
-Barry

#5 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

I already wasn't a fan of the new Battle Beast line DST is releasing and ZIK made things even worse but now we've reached another level of frustration as these things start to show up on Ebay as some sort of bad nightmare :)

Can't ebay just make a different area for these as well like we did on the board preventing all real BB fans (LOL) these frustrations of beeing confronted with a blue, red, gold vorin......... what's next a transparent one?

Wished Takara/Hasbro never lost their original name because now DST is even turning Ebay into a mess.

They are not Battle Beasts.
They are ugly.
They look like knockoff Lego minifigures.
They will fail and be discontinued within 24 months.

In the mean time they are polluting LRG and Ebay. Fortunately the moderators on this board are great and have solved the problem by separating out the Minimate junk from the real Battle Beasts discussions.

Ebay will never do that. I am already sick of seeing Laser Discs of Beauty and the Beast when I search for "Laser Beasts" and copies of "Battle Beast" a pc game, Lord of the Rings figures and Transformers Beast Wars figures when I search for Battle Beasts. Now we have even more junk to filter through. Just more work now. Damn.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 21 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Look I get that there's a lot of DST bashing on here, but enough is enough. No offense GJ but I think everyone needs to grow up a little and unfortunately it just happened to be your post that pushed me over the edge.

I mean, folks are entitled to their opinions... it's not a great shock that disappointed fans are throwing up their hands at DST's offerings. Although, I may have had too much fun as DST's expense, so by all means, let ME have it. I can take it, haha, I think I have talked more shit about and to DST than anybody here.

#7 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

They are ugly.

In the mean time they are polluting LRG and Ebay. Fortunately the moderators on this board are great and have solved the problem by separating out the Minimate junk from the real Battle Beasts discussions.

Ebay will never do that. I am already sick of seeing Laser Discs of Beauty and the Beast when I search for "Laser Beasts" and copies of "Battle Beast" a pc game, Lord of the Rings figures and Transformers Beast Wars figures when I search for Battle Beasts. Now we have even more junk to filter through. Just more work now. Damn.

Ha ha well said comrade. Im actually thinking of buying that beauty and the beast laser disk as its pissing me off big time. Then ill give it to my battle beasts so they can F it up!

P.s that toy line sucks so bad!

#8 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Ha ha well said comrade.

YES!

This is exactly why I changed my user name because I was waiting for someone to address me as "comrade."

Battle Beasts. Animal Farm. A Comrade Cuttlefish. Get it?

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 21 July 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#9 laserbeast

laserbeast

Beyond Budding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

.... I am already sick of seeing Laser Discs of Beauty and the Beast when I search for "Laser Beasts" ......

That seriously made me laugh out loud...mainly because I let out a little profanity every time I see that damn disc pop up when I search for "Laser Beasts". The other thing is when I type in "Muscle Men"....needless to say I have learned to set the category as Toys & Hobbies first.

#10 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Now I see you're just being facetious there as I know you can read based on your presence on this forum and with that in mind I know you can tell just by reading the package that they are indeed Battle Beasts. This is based on fact and you can thank Hasbro for selling the trademark.

In my opinion they are ugly.

I edited this for you so it makes sense.

They do bear a resemblance to Lego minifigures as well as share a similar price point and seeing as how Minimates existed before Lego began differentiating their minifigures with accessories other than very basic ghosts or space suits, I believe you meant to say the Lego minifigures that have been coming out lately look like knockoff Minimates.

This is true of the VAST majority of toylines so I would not be surprised if they did, however the Minimates brand seems to be doing very well for itself these days as noted y the way they are expanding into so many other licensed properties and the clear growth they have shown from the days when all of their figures shared the same body type.

I assume you will rebut this post with something along the lines "Yea well they suck and like 12 other people on here have been very vocal about that too" but at the end of the day, these are already getting produced and 1/10,000th of their target market not liking them will likely have no bearing on their success or failure. You need to realize that these are toys, things made for children, children who were not alive in the 80's. Our love of the original toys is great and I'm not trying to downplay that, but it is no longer the 80's these are not THOSE Battle Beasts but a reimagining of the line targeted towards a new generation and carrying with it the existing fanbase of the Minimates line, though those folks seem few and far between here. But please, before you get too arrogant in thinking that this board is the only toy collecting community that exists, please listen to a voice of reason telling you that it is not.

Finally, and the only part of your post that really irritated me is that I LOVE the Battle Beasts line from the 80's even though they came and went within 24 months because they were unprofitable. The hypocrisy that you show by calling THEM a failure because they were discontinued in 24 months and then bashing another line because they're not enough like the line that you yourself called a failure is just a shame. If you want to hate on DST that's fine but please do it in an intelligent manner instead of throwing around blind hypocrisy. It's really the kind of thing that has been bringing this board down lately. I get it that we live in America where it seems like the stupid rally the stupid lately but operating at the least common denominator is not doing anything to make things better, just like your post.

At this point i think the line has been fairly well drawn as to who will be buying these and who will not (on this forum). Saying that you think something is ugly and that you hope it will fail is really not furthering any sort of discussion on the topic. Perhaps consider writing an opinion piece to FOX News, they seem to be full of stories JUST like yours so you could probably get some more traction for your criticism there instead of reiterating it to folk who by now are well aware of where you stand on the issue.

#11 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

I don't think it's pollution, if you want to find old Battle Beasts, you can search specifically by name of the beast your looking for or this method:

Battle Beasts > Action Figures > 1980-2001
(http://www.ebay.com/...80%2D2001&rt=nc)

Although that is dependent on the sellers categorizing there beast toys in the proper category, and many seller will probably not get that specific in there listings. So I do see the point made in this thread to an extent, if your not a fan of the new stuff coming out you will likely have to weed out through more results, but I think many of us who do actively search BB and have been for years are tired of seeing the same old stuff show up anyways, atleast I do, so I don't mind seeing new results that will include new BB stuff for a change.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

:mcmadd:

#13 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

That was a lot of effort. Why did you bother? I'm still not going to ever buy the minimates figures called Battle Beasts, nor will anyone be persuaded to purchase them based on your post. If they choose to buy them, it'll be because they like the figures based on their appearance. Unfortunately those minimates called Battle Beasts are hideous, so it's highly unlikely very many people will buy them based on their appearance.

Now I see you're just being facetious there as I know you can read based on your presence on this forum and with that in mind I know you can tell just by reading the package that they are indeed Battle Beasts. This is based on fact and you can thank Hasbro for selling the trademark.

I edited this for you so it makes sense.

They do bear a resemblance to Lego minifigures as well as share a similar price point and seeing as how Minimates existed before Lego began differentiating their minifigures with accessories other than very basic ghosts or space suits, I believe you meant to say the Lego minifigures that have been coming out lately look like knockoff Minimates.

This is true of the VAST majority of toylines so I would not be surprised if they did, however the Minimates brand seems to be doing very well for itself these days as noted y the way they are expanding into so many other licensed properties and the clear growth they have shown from the days when all of their figures shared the same body type.

I assume you will rebut this post with something along the lines "Yea well they suck and like 12 other people on here have been very vocal about that too" but at the end of the day, these are already getting produced and 1/10,000th of their target market not liking them will likely have no bearing on their success or failure. You need to realize that these are toys, things made for children, children who were not alive in the 80's. Our love of the original toys is great and I'm not trying to downplay that, but it is no longer the 80's these are not THOSE Battle Beasts but a reimagining of the line targeted towards a new generation and carrying with it the existing fanbase of the Minimates line, though those folks seem few and far between here. But please, before you get too arrogant in thinking that this board is the only toy collecting community that exists, please listen to a voice of reason telling you that it is not.

Finally, and the only part of your post that really irritated me is that I LOVE the Battle Beasts line from the 80's even though they came and went within 24 months because they were unprofitable. The hypocrisy that you show by calling THEM a failure because they were discontinued in 24 months and then bashing another line because they're not enough like the line that you yourself called a failure is just a shame. If you want to hate on DST that's fine but please do it in an intelligent manner instead of throwing around blind hypocrisy. It's really the kind of thing that has been bringing this board down lately. I get it that we live in America where it seems like the stupid rally the stupid lately but operating at the least common denominator is not doing anything to make things better, just like your post.

At this point i think the line has been fairly well drawn as to who will be buying these and who will not (on this forum). Saying that you think something is ugly and that you hope it will fail is really not furthering any sort of discussion on the topic. Perhaps consider writing an opinion piece to FOX News, they seem to be full of stories JUST like yours so you could probably get some more traction for your criticism there instead of reiterating it to folk who by now are well aware of where you stand on the issue.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 21 July 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Barry has some points. Some of us hate these DST pieces of trash... Some like them. Both arguments are subjective... Thus making "being right" impossible.

Now, MMBB will sell some. There are some nostalgistes here that like them, and there will for sure be impulse buys, and kids who know nothing about the old line that buy in as well. I hate these toys, too, but that is no reason to piss down other board members' legs... No, not over an opinion.

#15 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I like this topic.
I have felt the same way searching on Ebay having to browse thru hundreds of Vorin and DST comics.

But this has only began, as DST releases there line and Beast Saga releases Ebay will be full of new listings with Battle Beasts in the title.

Ebay has actually removed all sub categorys for some unknown to me reason.
What was wrong with splitting popular series under toy,movies,video games ?

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Welcome to the club! It's been like this trying to find M.U.S.C.L.E.s since inception.

#17 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

That was a lot of effort. Why did you bother?

I bothered because I've been on this board for many years now and the level of conversation lately is not what it was. The focus of this forum used to be information sharing and broadening our knowledge of these toylines. That still exists for sure but more and more it's been getting drowned out with people whining over and over about the same thing and not just about these DST Beasts but Battle Beasts are my first and foremost toy passion so this instance hits closest to home. I'm not trying to get anyone to buy these, like I said before I think it's already clear who's going to and who isn't. I'm just trying to free up the clutter of this board so those of us who ARE interested in these don't have to read through post after post of the same thing that adds no value to the thread or forum (and if you're concerned about clutter on eBay, they have a forum as well that you can voice your opinions on, it may be a bit more relative if you're actually trying to accomplish something rather than just whining). If you do not like the DST beasts then simply stop posting about them and move on to posting about something you do like that perhaps someone can learn something from you about other than that you hate things.

If you don't like a toyline, it's absolutely your prerogative to let the world know, but say your piece and move on. To just harp on it for months gets old. The first few days there was actually a lot of negative criticism that was constructive. People talking about what they would have done differently or what they liked about Vorin that they don't like about Zik. THAT is quality discussion. Just bashing for the sake of bashing because it's been 24 hours since you got your last poke in is a waste of everyone's time including your own.

I look at it as DST took a risk and poured a ton of money into a toyline that by your 24 month definition failed 25 years ago and that no manufacturer has touched since, and decided to give it a go in another direction that they are hoping would be more successful. Will it or won't it, who knows, I certainly don't and you certainly don't no matter how badly you want to think you do.

I personally don't care if you buy them or even if you bash them, but if you're going to bash them, please at least bring something constructive to the table in doing so. Don't be like a politician bashing the other guys idea but not having anything to say himself. Let's bring the discussion back to an intelligent level rather than the current:

"I hate them the most"
"Nuh uh, I hate them way more than you do"
"Oh yea, well I hate them so much I'm not even going to buy any"
"Oh yea, well I hate them so much I'm going to buy negative of them times infinity"
"Well take this, I'm going to post 5 more times on how much I hate them"
"Well guess what, I just created another new thread on how much they suck"

Because like it or not, that is how many of you have been sounding lately. Grow up and move on or add something of substance. Yes, we all collect kids' toys but that's no reason we can't be mature about it.
-Barry

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

But, I've grown to love hating them.

Jeez, Barry.
<3

#19 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

I bothered because I've been on this board for many years now and the level of conversation lately is not what it was. The focus of this forum used to be information sharing and broadening our knowledge of these toylines.

I totally agree. Is there nothing left to discuss about or share about the original Battle Beasts line? Like me, I imagine you were a member of Beastformers.com first, so you would remember all of the great Battle Beasts discussion. I miss it.

I'm just trying to free up the clutter of this board so those of us who ARE interested in these don't have to read through post after post of the same thing that adds no value to the thread or forum

That was the point of this thread to begin with: to remove the clutter (i.e. the minimates called Battle Beasts) from the real Battle Beasts ebay listings.

I look at it as DST took a risk and poured a ton of money into a toyline that by your 24 month definition failed 25 years ago and that no manufacturer has touched since

The original Battle Beasts line was a total failure in the United States. But many of us still had them as kids and absolutely loved them. As adults, we appreciate the nostalgia and we've realized now how collectible they can be as we learn more and more about them.

None of us here are 8- to 12-year-olds, so that magic that comes with seeing toys or playing with toys as little kids simply doesn't exist. Instead, we curmudgeonly see these stupid plastic Lego-looking animal creatures with weapons and see them as a perversion of what we originally came to LittleRubberGuys.com to discuss. These are not our Battle Beasts.

I feel about new minimate-Battle Beasts the same way I imagine Catholics probably feel about Protestants.

#20 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Not gonna get into the debate about what is worth posting and what isn't but this...

"Tutorial over. Jon can we close this thread and get back to relevant topics"

Is so hilariously conceded it actually made me laugh out loud. As though you schooled everyone and since YOU don't like the topic it needs to be shut down.

I'm sure i'll get the standard i haven't been around long enough to have a valid opinion response AGAIN then maybe a few insults on top like last time but regardless, that is some funny stuff right there.

#21 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

WOW looks like I've thrown in a real bomb here............
I expected reactions to a certain extend but this is way more than I expected.
Actually thought I'd had to start defending myself with this topic but it looks like a war of words out here (luckily at a reasonable level without any threats).

So I'm glad I wasn't finding this topic back in the graveyard this morning.

BUT backt to the subject.

I AGREE WITH BARRY on his first reply since I am indeed only complaining, can't disagree on that :) But I wasn't done with that and wanted to make a point with it after some reactions, which have been a little more than i expected LOL

WHAT IF our complains so far have been indirectly resulting in the fact of better sculpts showing up now!?!? Did somebody think about this yet? I know we might have been a little harsh to Zach but it looks like they finally start to make some progress with these new sculpts. And even I can't disagree on these looking way better than vorin or the Zik. If they were actually planning to launch these new sculpts from the beginning I just can't get why they'd even think about releasing a figure like Zik. Of course for them it would've been an easy score if that one got great feedback because these minimates are their playground and it would've been easy money producing minimates with some slight additions and releasing them under the name of Battle Beasts............ it was worth trying I suppose but I guess most of us made it clear that we as BB fans can't accept a Zik under any circumstance.

It looks like these sculpts at SDCC2012 were quite fresh and I don't think they're awaiting in the DST storage room for months so maybe they really did something with the comments and negative words we've thrown at them and they contacted a well talented sculptor to work out some better figures. So I don't know if it was thanks to us or not but anyway even I've to admitt DST deserves some respect for the new sculpts.

We're not there yet but looks like things have turned around in a positive way.

(Don't want to say it that loud but I even like the Falcon sculpt)

I'll be the last to disrespect someone's taste or choices because as some of you mentioned the BB weren't that famous back in the years either.

But that doesn't mean I like to scroll over Vorin's and Zik's on Ebay looking for the REAL ones :)

Edited by GJNL, 22 July 2012 - 02:38 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#22 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Barry, I want to kiss your face. Oh no, a little extra scrolling on a website! Not more scrolling!! The horror!

#23 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Not gonna get into the debate about what is worth posting and what isn't but this...

"Tutorial over. Jon can we close this thread and get back to relevant topics"

Is so hilariously conceded it actually made me laugh out loud. As though you schooled everyone and since YOU don't like the topic it needs to be shut down.

I'm sure i'll get the standard i haven't been around long enough to have a valid opinion response AGAIN then maybe a few insults on top like last time but regardless, that is some funny stuff right there.

It's not that I didn't like the topic, it's that the topic did not need to be here, it would have been better posed on the eBay forums where I'm sure it would have been seen and answered much more quickly. GJ had a request, he wished when he searched on ebay he did not need to see the DST stuff. I gave him very specific instructions on how to do so, fulfilling his request. Thus the topic was no longer necessary and why I asked it to be closed. I helped a friend of mine out with what he was asking for and you find that conceded simply because you're trying to draw some relevance to a beef we had a couple months back about knock offs? Much like with my sentiment throughout my posts in this thread, just let it go man.
-Barry

#24 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's not that I didn't like the topic, it's that the topic did not need to be here, it would have been better posed on the eBay forums where I'm sure it would have been seen and answered much more quickly. GJ had a request, he wished when he searched on ebay he did not need to see the DST stuff. I gave him very specific instructions on how to do so, fulfilling his request. Thus the topic was no longer necessary and why I asked it to be closed. I helped a friend of mine out with what he was asking for and you find that conceded simply because you're trying to draw some relevance to a beef we had a couple months back about knock offs? Much like with my sentiment throughout my posts in this thread, just let it go man.
-Barry

Why could the topic not be here ? It's relevant to the forum. Allot of us were sharing the same sediment.
I find it quite amusing, nothing series to get angry over. It was not posted in a DST thread harming DST conversation.

What your not getting is why those involved have kept making stabs at DST.

They bought the naming rights to our beloved series and slapped it on a sub par mini figure line.
I don't own them but do like the aesthetics of there licensed mini-mates.

I do not care for the new "Battle Beasts" designs that can't seem to even decide what they want to be.

Thing I don't get is you have not been involved in the classic battle beasts topics.
I posted several topics with relevance's that I could have used your input on.

Edited by Toxoviper, 22 July 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#25 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Why could the topic not be here ? It's relevant to the forum. Allot of us were sharing the same sediment.
I find it quite amusing, nothing series to get angry over. It was not posted in a DST thread harming DST conversation.

What your not getting is why those involved have kept making stabs at DST.

They bought the naming rights to our beloved series and slapped it on a sub par mini figure line.
I don't own them but do like the aesthetics of there licensed mini-mates.

I do not care for the new "Battle Beasts" designs that can't seem to even decide what they want to be.
I also laugh to find that to purchase every beast you will also have to pay for a uninspired civilian mini-mate.

They have to pass off the cost of each unique sculpt by selling each with a basic mini-mate.

Thing I don't get is you have not been involved in the classic battle beasts topics.
I posted several topics with relevance's that I could have used your input on.

I agree with you that I am not getting it. I get why you made stabs initially but I don't get why you KEEP making them. The sentiment is out there, the additional stabs is not achieving anything but muddying up the forum. To that point, I must have missed the post through all the clutter that each 2-pack would come with a human. I thought I saw somewhere on here where there were only like 2 human characters but in wading through all the posts from haters I seem to have missed something relevant to the line. This is my whole concern as I actually AM interested in these, despite what anyone else thinks and clearly I am missing things because of the clutter the haters have created.

Also just like everyone else, you throw out "sub par mini fig line" as if it were some sort of fact rather than your opinion of them when in reality the minimate collecting community I believe is far larger than the Battle Beasts collecting community so what you are stating as fact is actually minority opinion in the grander scheme of all toy collectors, not just collectors on this forum.

I don't chime in as much on the classic BB topics as much anymore as I just don't post as much on this forum in general as I used to. There is far less intelligent conversation and debate then there used to be and much like how many of the long timers have left the forum or pop in much less frequently, a lot of reading through this forum has become wading through the haters of which there used to not be a lot of here. That was what made the forum better than other forums in my opinion, because we were all here to talk about how great toys were not to hate on things we dislike because it's the popular thing to do and state our opinion as fact. Some people do handle the criticism maturely, but the kind of venom some people spew around on this board has no place in a community to discuss kids' toys and certainly no one is learning anything from it.

I join in conversations when I think I have something relevant to add, which isn't a lot these days based on the direction a lot of the conversations take. I used to be one of the more active members of this forum a few years ago. My love for toys hasn't budget at all but the negativity that has been growing in the scene, even long before these DST beasts came around, has increased exponentially in recent times and I'm not a fan of it. Maybe we need an actual forum on here for toy haters similar to the junkyard and we could have a sub-forum for individual toylines so they can have their jokes and pokes and keep it out of the actual discussion threads.
-Barry

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com