• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

That is fantastic. That moose figure may be my favorite of the bunch so far.

#27 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Thanks. So far it's all about the moose and the tarantula for me.

#28 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Holy effing shit. You're the Bain Capital of the toy world. Minimates is the Mitt effing Romney of toys. You go in, you inject a little capital into a dead or dying brand like Battle Beasts. You revive it to make a quick buck while nostalgia for 80s toys is high. Then after you've made your money, you'll leave the brand name dead again. But in the mean time, you've created an absolute effing travesty in these ugly-ass-Lego-minifigure-looking things. Shame on you.

Thank god 99% of Battle Beasts collectors who have a hankering for something new are turning to Beast Saga instead of this crap. Now all I can say is hahahahaha! You tried to capitalize on their nostalgia, but now they won't care because they have Beast Saga instead; which, while far from perfect, is at least somewhat respectful of the history of the toy. You're not. You're just the Mitt Romney of the toy world trying for a quick buck capitalizing on the Battle Beasts name while bastardizing and uglifying the Battle Beasts name and image. Shame on you, Minimates. You're a effing joke.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#29 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Holy effing shit. You're the Bain Capital of the toy world. Minimates is the Mitt effing Romney of toys. You go in, you inject a little capital into a dead or dying brand like Battle Beasts. You revive it to make a quick buck while nostalgia for 80s toys is high. Then after you've made your money, you'll leave the brand name dead again. But in the mean time, you've created an absolute effing travesty in these ugly-ass-Lego-minifigure-looking things. Shame on you.

Thank god 99% of Battle Beasts collectors who have a hankering for something new are turning to Beast Saga instead of this crap. Now all I can say is hahahahaha! You tried to capitalize on their nostalgia, but now they won't care because they have Beast Saga instead; which, while far from perfect, is at least somewhat respectful of the history of the toy. You're not. You're just the Mitt Romney of the toy world trying for a quick buck capitalizing on the Battle Beasts name while bastardizing and uglifying the Battle Beasts name and image. Shame on you, Minimates. You're a effing joke.

Edited by BaltanII, 20 November 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#30 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

I am confused as to why the Walrus and Scorpion look like actual figures but the moose is all blocky like the rest of the minimates. Why not make him look like a figure too?
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#31 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

If by "inject a little capital," you mean "give away free toys for a couple of years, pay people to design an array of characters, and think long and hard about the world that those characters live in," then yeah, we did. We've been developing the brand for four years and trying out different approaches with an eye on the long term. Not sure a 2013 payday for four years worth of foundation-laying is a "quick buck," but one series of Minimates wouldn't come close to covering what we've invested anyway. Multiple series of Minimates, tie-in media and ancillary product lines were always the goal. We'll see if we can get this thing off the ground in December, with the TPB and toys hitting stores.

Obviously, some people here don't like Minimates, but there are a lot of people excited for the line. I'm glad fans of the original line have other options they can turn to that may be more like what they remember, and hopefully our toys being at Toys R Us will inspire more kids to find out about the original line.

And there are a lot of people who have read the comic and seen how good it is. I know there are others who can't seem to wrap their mind around a story that takes place on Earth, and I am sad that would keep someone from enjoying it. Hopefully strong TPB sales lead to more comics, and maybe other media than comics. I can't wait to see the Beast Saga cartoon, personally.

#32 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

...oh, it's not over (yet). That's what I get for accepting something I read from CC. Oops.

#33 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

THe cliffhanger of the mini-series opens up a pretty big world for us, with a lot of tie-ins to the toy line. I hope we get to continue it in one form or another.

#34 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Series 1 hits comic shops Wednesday, and pics of production samples are up over on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500233763354219.116617.170392609671671

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Those look great! I can't wait. Just one more day to have more BB minimates in hand. I am very excited to start swapping out things and seeing what I can make. I love all the pics in the very natural settings with that bit of mist in the background. The snake picture is great. The pic of Merk is my favorite.

#36 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

These still haven't shown up on BBTS. Yet I can buy all of them (except TRU exclusives) on amazon.com.

#37 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Not sure why the three big online retailers don't have them yet, because they shipped to comic shops last week. Maybe because they're larger, they just haven't processed their new inventory yet? Luke's Toy Store definitely has them in stock.

http://lukestoystore...asts-minimates/

#38 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

An interview with me about the line, if you're at all curious.

http://www.tomopop.c...2-0-28418.phtml

#39 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

An interview with me about the line, if you're at all curious.

http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-original-battle-beasts-2-0-28418.phtml

Where's the "jump" we're supposed to hit? It won't let us read the full story.

#40 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Where's the "jump" we're supposed to hit? It won't let us read the full story.

The 'jump' thing is a leftover relic from newspapers when the author would request you to flip to another page to finish the rest of the content, but I've noticed that bloggers like to use it as a generic segway then immediately continue their story below a banner or image without any sort of visible 'jump' to speak of. In this case, 'hit the jump' means scroll down 3 lines below the Battle Beasts logo. Personally, I find this practice unnecessary and really irritating.

#41 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Its necessary if you start reading the story on the homepage. That's where you would have to leave the homepage to read the full article. But I gave you the direct link, so in this case, yeah, just scroll down.

#42 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

You should really consider doing non-articulated minis. Some of those designs would actually make cool keshi style mini figures, but after seeing the most of the line, the Minimatiness of them is still a huge turn off.

#43 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

non articulated minis in rubber would be awesome. they could get away from the shape of the minimate base and make them their own.

heck add a rub sign and you are done, you won.

Edited by Ericnilla, 23 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#44 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yeah.. honestly, if you do what Eric just said, nobody can really talk any more shit about them.

I'd probably stop.

Probably.

#45 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Its necessary if you start reading the story on the homepage. That's where you would have to leave the homepage to read the full article. But I gave you the direct link, so in this case, yeah, just scroll down.

Call me stupid, but the only thing at the bottom of the page for me says "hit the jump." Of which no jump can be found.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#46 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

"Just change your toy line completely, and you'll be golden!"

Sorry it's not working for you, Draznar. Just clicked it again to make sure it worked, and it did.

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I got a bundle of awesomeness from b00sted today.

White Gator
Blue Ram
and the Koppenschevelle painted Ram.

Custom paint on these make them 10x more awesome than they already are.

Don't know if anything can help poor Zik though. :lol:

#48 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I guess these look nice enough, there's some impressive sculpting work... but the whole thing feels WAY too serious for my taste. Battle Beast was a goofy children's toyline with miscolored animal in fantastical cyber armor weilding bizarre weapons and these don't really evoke the same feeling. The whole darker and edgier reboot feel doesn't do it for me. Beast Saga all the way for me!

Still, good luck DST!

Edited by Undrave, 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#49 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I got a bundle of awesomeness from b00sted today.

White Gator
Blue Ram
and the Koppenschevelle painted Ram.

Custom paint on these make them 10x more awesome than they already are.

Don't know if anything can help poor Zik though. :lol:

Johnny, you were the one who got those? That's awesome. I really love the look of the white gator. I was wanting to try and pick him up, but just wasn't able to. I hope you like the Vorin I painted. Tried to emulate the one that I did for the multiverse contest, and I feel I actually got better details on yours. Let me know you think about him in hand. Oh, and I named him Regeant. I wanted him to be a different character. He comes from the same clan as Vorin, acting as a noble, loyal vanguard to the ram clan. When Vorin left to begin pursuing a peaceful life, Regeant saw him as someone turning his back on their clan, and made it his duty to track down and apprehend Vorin. But as he has trailed him for the past couple years, he has come across an array of evidence that shows the true betrayal comes from within the clan itself. Now, he has found himself adrift, stuck between two sides of an open conflict, clinging to his own sense of honor.

On that note, there are a ton of details on these guys that does go a bit hidden. I ordered my series 1 set from Luke's Toy Store, and hopefully should get it in tomorrow or saturday. Once I do, I can start looking at the detail and armor layout, and start planning on what I might do to repaint some. The sculpts are really nice on everything that I have seen so far.

Edited by koppenschevelle, 24 January 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#50 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I guess these look nice enough, there's some impressive sculpting work... but the whole thing feels WAY too serious for my taste. Battle Beast was a goofy children's toyline with miscolored animal in fantastical cyber armor weilding bizarre weapons and these don't really evoke the same feeling. The whole darker and edgier reboot feel doesn't do it for me. Beast Saga all the way for me!

Still, good luck DST!

Wow. If I'd called the original BB goofy, I'd have been crucified. :) Yeah, we tried to create a serious, dangerous world for these creatures. Read the comic. I love it.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com