Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Question about collectibility(not a word)?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blackjack357

Blackjack357

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Just curious, if the beast saga figures come to the U.S., by means other than an importer, what do you think would be more collectible, the U.S. or Japanese figures still in the boxes and why?

Edited by Blackjack357, 27 September 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Depends on what you mean by "collectiblity. For the sake of your love for the line and wanting it all or for a monetary gain~?

I think each will find the novelty of owning figures from another country, but all in all unless they release different figures or variants there won't be a need.

I doubt these will be that collectible in a monetary sense, since they are mass produced in an age of collecting.

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I agree with Eric as age is the main factor when it comes to 'money value' so in case you'd like to make some money over a few decades I'd suggest you to buy the Japanese ones now (1st release!!! :)) and keep them boxed/packed. Than its just a matter of a proper way to store them and fingers crossed they'll become a huge hit, which is already starting to look like it, and hoping Takara will not make it a never ending Pokemon list which will go on for years. If that'll go well you should be able to double your money on the figs within a decade maybe, if you are lucky.

No just serious the collectors value of these figures is just based on the value you add to them and it'll all depends on how much will be produced of them. It looks like the first wave of Clear Figs is close to being completely sold out and they stopped producing them as they had to start with the upcomming clear line so if that's true and they wont produce more the amount that's now on the market or has been sold (which is still huge) will be the only figs available. So in the end the Clear Figs do have to potential to become chase figs, but only if the story is true....... For the rest I think the Japanese figs will always have that touch of origin in them which for us as mostly non Japanese will be a nice addition to the figs knowing they've come all the way from the Land of the Rising Sun before they've been actually released or even noticed by Hasbro. So were already one step ahead of an upcomming US / EU release. Its generaly know that the condition will become important with the time but due to the amount of true collectors out here and anywhere else in the world I'm sure people will keep back complete boxes with figs MISB so even if you keep them in their packaging with the purpose on earning some money in a while you wont be the only one since that trick is known by now.

That's about it the good thing is that they are available and collectable so I'd say jump in if you like and enjoy them!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Considering how Japanese to US releases turn out, the Japanese versions will definitely have better packaging and paint apps.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Considering how Japanese to US releases turn out, the Japanese versions will definitely have better packaging and paint apps.

Transformers Arms Micron would like a word with you. :notme:

#6 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

If the weapons they come with on Beast figures in the USA are less squishy, I'd be much more apt to get them here. That being said, I'd probably be paranoid that if I didn't pick up every Japanese one they'd skip miss producing one on it's way to the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if they change the paint a bit on the ones they release here, but they might get rid of the whole 'game' element too, make it just fire/wind/wood (sunburst) again? I really wonder how many people in Japan or here actually play the game these guys are centered around?

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

If the weapons they come with on Beast figures in the USA are less squishy, I'd be much more apt to get them here.

I completely agree about the weapons; I was disappointed that they put the effort of sculpting some pretty sweet beast-themed weapons and shields only to cast them in bendy rubber that I don't feel allows the details to show up very well and almost always comes out of the package at least partially warped.

I really wonder how many people in Japan or here actually play the game these guys are centered around?

I've a friend who works for Wizards of the Coast Japan, and he's reported seeing kids in MTG circles playing the beasts saga dice game. I would imagine they probably emphasize the game quite a bit since the target demographic won't even remember the original Battle Beasts. Based on the sales trends for Beast Saga I'd say the game is at least relatively popular (compared to other collectible figure games and CCGs)

Edited by bachamn, 04 December 2012 - 10:55 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com