11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I've only seen a couple images online of the dice on the card. It looks like you can see 1 die, and then the other 4 are random? I've seen other images show 1 colored, 1 orange, 1 light blue, and 2 black. Do you always get those colors or is it random what you get?

The picture below is of the dice unopened on the card and you can't seem to see what the 4 on the right are.

Attached File  Magic Rod Booster A (carded).jpg   85.1K   34 downloads

This picture shows 2 black, 2 light blue, 1 orange, and then then main colored die.

Attached File  Magic Rod Booster A (poster).jpg   92.91K   31 downloads

Edited by TheRook, 23 November 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

I believe these are a random set as there are some chase dices in it which will give you an extra advantage in the game.
Maybe Lord can tell you more about these because I know he has at least one set of these.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Has anyone translated how these dice work? The ying-yang, U-Turn, arrow, shattered glass, and shield ones, specifically?

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has information about the dice game and/or the distribution of dice with the figure. An eventual translation of the game instructions would also be sweet!

Of all the BS03 random boosters I've opened so far each came with 2 dice except the dolphin which contained an extra gold colored die with 6s on two sides. Curious if this is significant or not. : )

Edit Found an answer to my inquiry about the extra die with the Dolphin:
"Some figures have "chase" versions, including the Dolphin here. His "variant" is that 1:3 Dolphins have a bonus golden/yellowish die with 4 blank faces and 2 with a big number "6" on them."
from http://www.16bit.com...lphin-burst.asp

Edited by bachamn, 26 November 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#5 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have both dices sets but they are still sealed. I don't think I will open them so I can't tell you anything about the random dices. I will see if I can get more to open later.

#6 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has information about the dice game and/or the distribution of dice with the figure. An eventual translation of the game instructions would also be sweet!

Of all the BS03 random boosters I've opened so far each came with 2 dice except the dolphin which contained an extra gold colored die with 6s on two sides. Curious if this is significant or not. : )

Edit Found an answer to my inquiry about the extra die with the Dolphin:
"Some figures have "chase" versions, including the Dolphin here. His "variant" is that 1:3 Dolphins have a bonus golden/yellowish die with 4 blank faces and 2 with a big number "6" on them."
from http://www.16bit.com...lphin-burst.asp

I bought a case of BS-03 and 2 of the 24 figures came with 3 dice. I'll have to check to see if one of them was the Dolphin, I think it was, but I don't know what the other figure was.

A translation for the game would be great! I have not seen one yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

#7 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

A Dolphin and Bat came with the +6+ die.

#8 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I bought a case of BS-03 and 2 of the 24 figures came with 3 dice. I'll have to check to see if one of them was the Dolphin, I think it was, but I don't know what the other figure was.

A translation for the game would be great! I have not seen one yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

As you pointed out, the dolphin and the bat in the BS-03 case come with the bonus die. Also, the Lion and the Shark come with bonus cards at the same ratio per case (1:3). I've seen no evidence of any other figures in BS-03 having chase dice other than the Dolphin and Bat, or chase cards other than the Lion and Shark. Yet, anyway, please scream real loud if anyone out there found something.

If you happen upon a sealed case, the top layer is (if memory serves) all dolphins, plus the chase card lion and shark, plus the chase die bat. So you can just shave those off right there if you want them.

I'm curious, is anyone actively collecting the dice in every single one of their flavors? I started to but canceled my preorders when I realized I was paying north of $5 for extra dice when I already had extra dice I didn't know what to do with.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#9 eaglekiller

eaglekiller

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I would gladly pay someone for a translated version of the rules and maybe the demo videos!

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks to Dave Martin from Facebook

Combatlot on the card is the total of the points on the dice. Magiclot is the number of magic dice that specific character adds to the team pool. Magiclot dice can only each be used once. When battling you tap the card of the chosen character so the arrow on the side points toward the enemy. The opponent pick a defender and you both shoot the Combatlot dice. Whoever rolled lowest gets to decide if they want to use a Magiclot dice and shoot it, then afterward the opponent gets to do the same. Add combatlot and magiclot die together for total attack power, highest win, loser is discarded. The sigil is the 'Hissatsu attack' and can't be beaten no matter what number total you get. To oppose it you need to use the Mirror dice. It's the black one that came with the starter and has a little hexagon design on it. If you suceed your opponent gets a chance to cancel it with the Break dice, the other black dice with the cracked panel design.

Quick update, the orange dice with the arrow is called 'Doping', the yellow one called 'Change' and the pinkish one called 'Reverse'. I'm guessing the 'Reverse' dice make you flip your combatlot dice upside down? Both player? Not sure what 'Doping' does considering we already have booster dice. Also clear versions of Magiclot dice are called 'lv2' and add one extra chance to getting their effect off. For exemple a Boost +3 lv.2 got FIVE chances out of six of getting that boost off. Pretty sensational.

#11 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Octobertoys had a good explaination of what all the special dice do.
Doping: Sacrifice Magic Lot to Boost your Battle Lot
Change: Swap number with opponent
Reverse: Flip opponents dice upside down

And the two new ones that should be out now, which are also shown in the new tutorial video 4 on taktom's website:
Join: Add number on bottom of your dice to current Battle lot
Inverse: Flip your own dice upside down

#12 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Octobertoys had a good explaination of what all the special dice do.
Doping: Sacrifice Magic Lot to Boost your Battle Lot
Change: Swap number with opponent
Reverse: Flip opponents dice upside down

And the two new ones that should be out now, which are also shown in the new tutorial video 4 on taktom's website:
Join: Add number on bottom of your dice to current Battle lot
Inverse: Flip your own dice upside down

That's so cool! Where did you get that info? Do they say if Break can be used on dice other than Mirror?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com