4 replies to this topic

#1 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Holy crap I've been out of touch! I did a search of Battle Beasts on ebay and found the Beast Saga things and had to delve into it a bit.

I just found a box of the MIMP new series figures and realized how much I love the detail they put in to the recreation of the line. Every figure I have is awesome, (I only have 12). But when I compare them to the Beast Saga and worse, the DST Battle Beasts, I find that both of those lines didn't do any justice to the recreating the line.

Anyhow, from a guy who was an avid collector and just getting slapped in the face with the two reboot lines, I thought I'd share my thoughts. MIMP did it right, too bad the company couldn't sustain the line long enough to generate enough hype, (let alone release them in the US).
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

I actually agree. I even bought a couple of Beast Saga just to give them a shot, and they just don't have the same effect the Battle Beasts had. I like them more than I thought I would, but still. That ungainly dice shooter is what kills the figures for me, personally.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

What the hell is a MIMP?

#4 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Monster In My Pocket I think.

I know I'm sorta new here, but I'm an 80s kids, I grew up with Transformers and the Original Battle Beasts as much as anyone. Maybe it's because I'm really a Transformers collector(meaning I'm used to new aesthetics and looks for my favorite toyline, as opposed to a MOTU collector you know?), but I find Beast Saga to be a great sequal to Battle Beasts. The general idea of cyberized armor on humanoid bodies with realistic beast faces is there. The cartoonish proportions are there. The paint and sculpting are really nice in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm just saying, don't let nostalgia get in the way of enjoying new things. Ask yourself, would I have liked these if they were released directly after the original line? I'd answer yes.

#5 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Good to see you back Grimey!!! :) Get on it!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com