Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Anyone else get some of these Jipuroto Beast Saga stuff?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

So, I've been pretty thorough, (as I'm sure many of you have) in collecting whatever BBTS puts up for new Beast Saga stuff. I saw these things called 'Jipuroto Bikuru' come up awhile ago with very vague pictures, sometimes silhouettes, showing what looked like various vehicles. They appeared to be a bit too inexpensive to be anything but skimmers or bikes ridden by the various Beast Saga characters, but since they were cheap, I decided to pick them up.

The first 2 'Bikuru' (which I think has something to do with the works Surprise in Japanese) came in yesterday, along with the latest gift set (panda one), and the single carded 'BunnyKiss' character.

The Bikuru look like little Cubes which come with 3 LRG beast saga figures which average around 8-10mm tall. Each cube has a button trigger, which 'auto' transforms them. One is some sort of plane, and the other is a tank of sorts. Both of these sets seem to be the Earth/ground type beasts, and all are bright red plastic.

Not really much to say in the design of the vehicles, the transforming is pretty cool though. And I like the little beasts, I really hope they end up making stand alone packs for them. I noticed also that some of them are animals we hadn't seen yet in the regular sized line. There's a Mandrill Baboon, what looks to be a pig, and I think a goat as well, along with the lion, Giraffe, and I think some sort of cat/bear thing.

I'm assuming of the 6 Bikuru's they have up on BBTS, there are 2 each for Ground/water/sky. They show a picture on one of the boxes of one of the vehicles 'capturing' a blue figure which looks like the shark.

There are also Jipuroto Bases, which I assume are the same scale as the Bikurus, and hopefully contain more figures.

So, all in all, I'm pretty pleased with them. Has anyone else gotten these? And what do you think?

#2 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

They seem fun enough but I just don't have any room for that sort of thing. I'm already hard pressed to find room for all my Beast Saga figures right now >< I'll need to come up with a shelving set up somehow.

#3 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

The more I look at these the less I want them. The main figures in this line look so good they make these look like they were thrown together without much thought. They are interesting enough, I suppose, they just don't have a lot going on for the price. I will likely pick up whatever vehicle comes with the shark minifig. I like the shark enough that I will probably pick up whatever comes out that is related to that character.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I ordered the BS29 'Sky Darling' because I thought it looked like the best of the lot and wanted to give them a shot. I'm not really that thrilled about them though but we'll see after it arrives.

#5 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

You think the folks who can't stand the launcher would like the Jipuroto figures better?

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

the small figures would be cool to cast up in rubber as keshi figures.

#7 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

They're not rubbery? That's a bit of a missed opportunity there.

#8 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

They actually are pretty rubbery. I'd say about MUSCLE consistency, so, not as squishy as the weapons the reg beasts have, but more like the beasts themselves.

#9 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I got the two from BBTS yesterday. I like them enough- though they are very small! I'm not sure how these fit in with the game and all, but overall they are cool little playsets.

#10 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Originally I was planning only to get the figures, no mini-vehicles, no vinyl. But then I saw there was a video of these first 2 mini-vehicles on the offical Takara-Tomy Beast Saga website. These things totally reminded me of StarCom. All compressed compact and then you press a button and then slowly spring open into a vehicle. Does anyone actually have these in-hand to confirm that they are similar to the 80's StarCom vehicles?

http://www.takaratom...a/sp/index.html

#11 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Originally I was planning only to get the figures, no mini-vehicles, no vinyl. But then I saw there was a video of these first 2 mini-vehicles on the offical Takara-Tomy Beast Saga website. These things totally reminded me of StarCom. All compressed compact and then you press a button and then slowly spring open into a vehicle. Does anyone actually have these in-hand to confirm that they are similar to the 80's StarCom vehicles?

Similar to StarCom but a lot smaller... if you collect Glyos, the dimensions are similar to the vinyl Core Block piece. If this were sold in American toy stores for $12 I think people might be disappointed.

There's not a lot you can do with them though. There are little grooves in there to hold the bases of the mini-figures in place, and I would TOTALLY suggest anyone who loves Beasts, Micro toys, and Starcom grab at least one to look at up close, but it's not super-impressive. I'm going to be posting a review on 16bit.com on Wednesday of the BS-28 one.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#12 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Similar to StarCom but a lot smaller... if you collect Glyos, the dimensions are similar to the vinyl Core Block piece. If this were sold in American toy stores for $12 I think people might be disappointed.

There's not a lot you can do with them though. There are little grooves in there to hold the bases of the mini-figures in place, and I would TOTALLY suggest anyone who loves Beasts, Micro toys, and Starcom grab at least one to look at up close, but it's not super-impressive. I'm going to be posting a review on 16bit.com on Wednesday of the BS-28 one.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check out your review. I also saw that Pixel-Dan reviewed BS-27 (the tank). They are even smaller than I thought. I still might get them, just because of the similarity to StarCom.

#13 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Those are ridiculously TINY o.o they're pretty impressively sculpted though.

#14 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I would be into these if they were like 2 or 3 times larger. I mean they're cool, nicely designed, but they're too small. If they were large enough to fit with the normal size figures, I'd buy them.

#15 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I would be into these if they were like 2 or 3 times larger. I mean they're cool, nicely designed, but they're too small. If they were large enough to fit with the normal size figures, I'd buy them.

Or at least the size of a LEGO minifig or classic BBs.

#16 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Once all six vehicles are out, and the bases, I'm hoping they'll have a lot more appeal. I would love it if they released army packs, and even smaller vehicles, something like bikes & jeeps. Then you could have little beast wars with all your different factions. They could also release new figures and smaller vehicles via gumball machine/gashapon too.

#17 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Once all six vehicles are out, and the bases, I'm hoping they'll have a lot more appeal. I would love it if they released army packs, and even smaller vehicles, something like bikes & jeeps. Then you could have little beast wars with all your different factions. They could also release new figures and smaller vehicles via gumball machine/gashapon too.

Agreed; minifigs and minifig one-person vehicles would make excellent gashapon fodder! And I have to admit, the new base jipuroto that was released for presale recently looks a little more tempting with it's smaller vehicle and very familiar looking jail cell. ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com