• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

http://i.toynewsi.co...e...0&start=100

Keep clicking next to see more.

Edited by Goriki, 21 July 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

Weird... But not bad I guess. Interesting to say the least. Not what I was expecting though. :nea:

Posted Image

#3 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Interesting, but I think I will pass.

#4 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

hhhhmmm...I'm liking these. That octopus is pretty cool. They look bigger than a typical mini-fig though.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Those are off the hook! :woot:

Hopefully that is $14.99 for a 2 or 3 pack, and not per.

#6 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

Ok, now that I would buy.

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

These are about 5-6 inches tall I would guess they would be 14.99 or more each. I do like the sculpts on them quite a bit, but I hope they continue to make smaller Battle Beasts using the minimates like they did for the gator guard figure. As nice as those larger sculpts are, I just look at Battle Beasts as being a smaller figure line, around 2 inches. That has always been part of the charm of the line to me.

Eric

Edited by koppenschevelle, 28 July 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#8 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

I have seen the prototypes of a few of these a few months back, specifically the Gorilla, Rhino, Gator and Octopus. The Iguana is a pleasent surprise to me. Anyways, it these are the same size as the prototypes, they are roughly 4-5 inches tall. If that is this is still true, I would guess they would be 14.99 or more each. I do like the sculpts on them quite a bit, but I do hope that they are smaller, more around 2-3 inches. I personally really prefer the battle beasts as smaller figures.

Eric

Dang that sucks. I don't think I'll get them at that size. Not that I don't find them really nice, I just don't have the space for it.

#9 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

New Battle Beast at SDCC 2010, There also giving a yellow BB mini mate. Got 2 so far.

Attached Files

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Would you be willing to trade one of your extra green and gold gator guard Minimates for a black C2E2 gator guard minimate?

Eric

#11 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Would you be willing to trade one of your extra green and gold gator guard Minimates for a black C2E2 gator guard minimate?

Eric

Ill try to get you one. You have to buy something and then they stamp your badge. I'm asking people if they want to sell. Ill will do my best. One is already spoken for its TGB. I will look out for you.

#12 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Ill try to get you one. You have to buy something and then they stamp your badge. I'm asking people if they want to sell. Ill will do my best. One is already spoken for its TGB. I will look out for you.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

Eric

#13 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Is the yellow Gator Guard the same one from the base playset that also came with a human figure?!?
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

dang i missed these... didnt see them. oh well.

#15 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Man I just saw these on Toyark and came over here to see what everyone thought.

They look very nice the Gorilla is definately a little long in the torso, looks like a real gator standing up on it's hind legs ratehr than a bipedal gator man in armor, but the Gorilla is seriously laking for me, it looks way too out of sinc with the others, when I was downlaoding the pics off Toyark I didn't even realize it was part of the BB display.

However, oddly enought tonight from Target I found these little guys that are part of the Halo Mega Block line, they are smaller than the original Battle Beast and have super articulation.

He was stuffed into the clearance stuff at 2 Targets, gives me a very wholesome Gargantuan Gorilla vibe also has the crazy weapons which one of them has a huge blade on it as well, paint it gold if you want and there you have a little upgraded "modern" BB ready to go.
Posted Image

#16 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:13 AM

I like them, but are they really "Battle Beasts"? Do they have the fire/wood/water thang going on?
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#17 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

When you consider the train wreck that often accompanies a property re-launch, you've got to consider these to be pretty good. But that's coming from a non-BB collector. God knows I hated the MUSCLE re-launch.

The only complaint I have is that they seem to be collectibles instead of toys. I think a brand like BB is meant to be played with, not shelved.

#18 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

I think if they relaunch the symbols it would be neat to have light piping in the back that would light up a little clear cast fire/water/wood symbol, was thinking of a custom but never will get around to it I'm sure.

That way if they do update them along these same lines the little symbol badge thing won't look so out of place.
Posted Image

#19 Skitz

Skitz

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, and more old toys!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

I really don't like these. I'm not trying to hate but this makes the minimate battle beast look 100x better. As a toy collector in general I wouldn't buy these, they look weird.

#20 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

:)

:D
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#21 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

So here the deal these Battle Beasts, they are action figures! It's a new style and I like it, but I still think the minimates are the way to go!

#22 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

They look like a "McFarlane Toys" relaunch of BBs. Strangely enough, that brandname mighta' sold me on these....
Posted Image

#23 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

After looking at these at Comic Con, I must say they are GANGSTA. A Billion times better then the mini-mates. Colors are amazing. Gorilla is the best. :)

#24 jupiter

jupiter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:vintage transformers bootlegs, battle beasts, starriors

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

i'm one of those that prefer the minimate version too.

man, i thought they would keep making stuff like the gator which was a pretty good update to the original except for the lack of the symbol.
contact me if you have weird foreign variant and bootleg battle beasts for sale.

#25 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

i'm one of those that prefer the minimate version too.

man, i thought they would keep making stuff like the gator which was a pretty good update to the original except for the lack of the symbol.

I am with you that I much prefer the Minimates style Battle Beast over these larger figures. Granted, there are some issues with the minimates gator, like the head that is a bit too large. But these are things that I think DST can improve upon for the final product. From everything I have read from Chuck and the rest of the guys at DST, the Gator Guard minimate was more of a test to see, "can we do it?" rather than a solid indication of how the final line would look like. Even with these minor issues though, I still think this gator captures more of the feel of Battle Beasts than these large 6" battle beasts figures do.

The larger figures aren't bad. they are interesting looking figures. But I am not sold on the slightly cartoonish faces, and again, the size for me doesn't do it. I love having an army of Battle Beasts set up on my shelf. While each BB looks great on his own, they look really impressive as an army of animal warriors stretched out. And there is also a certain charm to the figures being smaller that I don't think is there with a larger figure. The 6" figures will be fun to purchase and set on the shelf for display, but I don't see much more going into it then that. For me, they'll be more statues then a toy. I also don't like how individualized the armor is between figures. Classic BBs actually had a fairly standard armor layout; chest, shoulders, wrists, lower torso and shins, with minor changes for the occasional figure. It was more the styling and details of the armors that differentiated between different figures. But these large figures all have very different armor configurations that makes them feel like 5 seperate figures rather than a line of figures.

Fear not though. From what I have been reading with all the minimate guys, it seems like Battle Beast minimates will still be going forward. Again, the Gator was more of a test to gauge people's interest and to see what responses will be. there are certainly some criticism against the figure, again nothing that can't be fixed really. But overall the response has been very positive to this figure. A lot of the minimates collectors have been really loving them. And look at how much they sell for on Ebay, and how quickly they sell. There are obviously a lot of people excited about Battle Beast minimates. I think they are just trying different sizes and formats because they can. They own the brand name Battle Beasts. They can do what they want. They are looking at it more as a franchise than a line of 2" figures exclusively. Meaning that it seems we'll bee getting 2" minimate figures, 6" statuesque figures, and maybe more surprises down the line.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com