- - - - -

M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E.

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#76 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

I splurged and bought a set on ebay.  They are just so cool that I basically had to have them at any cost.

Interesting on the back of the package it says coming soon "Aliens, Robotech, and MOTU Series 2"

So good chance they will be released online or also in stores that sell the reaction line.

#77 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

They better, it makes no sense for them to release a very limited series which would lead to the secondary market sellers ending up making more money reselling it than them.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#78 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

They better, it makes no sense for them to release a very limited series which would lead to the secondary market sellers ending up making more money reselling it than them.

Exactly! I am expecting to see them for sale online soon. It's not the sort of thing that would make sense to produce for a con only.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#79 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

I feel like they made it pretty clear that only the black set and purple Skeletor were exclusives. Maybe I'm reading into things too much.

#80 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

I can't wait for Robotech. Is anyone at Comic-Con from here? Any tips on the purple Skeletor?

#81 Wibble

Wibble

Monkey in a Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Garbage Pail Kids
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E
    Giant retro figures

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Ok, I couldn't resist and splurged on a set on eBay - so much for "being good" this month and reining in the spending :/

#82 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

Heard that they are going to offer the flesh set online after the con for the same price so no one buy off eBay. Plus I will be picking up a few sets as well.

#83 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

thank God! eBay is just nuts-

#84 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

skeletoken BIN $11

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f500d8f0a

purple SDCC exclusive MOTUSCLE BIN $30

http://www.ebay.com/...=item33a5a33c22

all 4 flesh packs BIN $86

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43df774405

4 flesh pack plus 2 black packs plus patch BIN $135

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d35020cbc

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 09 July 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#85 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:22 AM

Damn, that purple Skeletor is pretty.

#86 TinyRubberRobot

TinyRubberRobot

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, toys, comics, art and general nerdiness

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:37 AM

So is it confirmed flesh will be available outside of sdcc?

I think I'll have a panic attack if I miss out on them.

Edited by TinyRubberRobot, 10 July 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#87 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

I bought one pack only because I had an ebay gift certificate lying around. I really can't wait to have He-Man and Man-At-Arms in MUSCLE form.

#88 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Yeah I don't know why these would only be for sale at SDCC. There is no way they could sell enough to recoup the production costs from just sales at the con. Also Super 7 is licensing these from Mattel so there is cost there. Seeing how Re-action figures are sold in Barnes and Nobel and other brick and mortar stores I would think they will make them available some how. Especially if they plan to make more properties and a second wave. Or will wave two be exclusive to NYCC? Just 1 wave in 1 color per SDCC and NYCC.

The ebay prices are ridiculous. I can see the fervor over the purple( I won't pay $30+ though) because it is a free goodie and its future is uncertain. Again I would have to speculate a purple release might happen because I don't think they can run just 1 figure at a time. I would bet it is in a mold with Beastman and Trapjaw, would be impractical to have each character molded separately(also probably crazy in cost). So either a full purple release or maybe those guys will be singles at other cons? I will wait a bit and see how it goes. Buying things out of panic just doesn't work for me.

Right now if you buy all 4 flesh and 2 black sets at SDCC, you will spend 36 bucks. People putting them for 100+ on ebay is just fueling the shittiness of the current collector environment online. People had auctions for the Re-action set before the con even started! They didn't have a product but were selling it for triple its' retail. The audacity I tell you!

Edited by redjarojam, 10 July 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#89 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

I'll be getting a bunch of extras to stuff in Christmas stockings!    :good:

After the scalping and fervent reselling has calmed a bit, I'll cash in on my previous arrangements.   :)

Although I'm a 'flesh' guy, that purple Skeletor is very eye catching.

Me, LRGs, and Christmastime:

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#90 TinyRubberRobot

TinyRubberRobot

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

I would agree that they will have to be available in some form after SDCC, but my preference for all M.U.S.C.L.E related goodies has always been flesh colored.

I hope they make that particular color wave available for everyone not able to get to SDCC, and let the black and purple be the exclusives.

#91 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:25 AM

Are most of you going to leave these guys in the package or take them out to display? I'm on the fence.

#92 TinyRubberRobot

TinyRubberRobot

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

It will be really hard to make them fight each other if they're still in the package.

#93 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

Good point. But the visuals on the packaging are pretty sweet.

Edited by InvisibleSwordsman, 10 July 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#94 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

Are most of you going to leave these guys in the package or take them out to display? I'm on the fence.

Taking them out, of course; I can't play with them from inside that bubble!   I'll save the packaging, though.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#95 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, taking a blade to the top of the blister bubble, and cutting a rectangular punchout allows for you to remove the figures, and display them.

#96 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, taking a blade to the top of the blister bubble, and cutting a rectangular punchout allows for you to remove the figures, and display them.

Holy crap.

Mind-blown.gif

#97 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

That's crazy tha you bring that method up, I just figured it out for myself yesterday when my daughter wanted to play with some figures from our sealed Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes.

#98 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

I will need to own all of these Motuscle figures. That purple Skeletor is so cool! When things calm down I bet they end up at around 15.00 on ebay. It's neat that they are giving them away at the mattel booth. 

#99 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

They're free? Damnit, somebody grab me one!

#100 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Yeah just get a blade, I use a steak knife, and cut the blister bubble at the edges, you can cut enough to pull out the figures, retaining the bubble attached or cut it completely off, and the packaging visual will be undamaged and you can put it away in a toy file and play with the keshi with little regret x)

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com