145 replies to this topic

#76 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

What's this I hear about a short red tech named dan? :lol:

If anyone can find me one that would be THE awesome. I tried looking on ebay and the best (and only) deal is $20. Feels like a total rip off when I could buy any of the others in TRU for $5

I got one of the big plasma dragons today - Clawshock.

My god do they look a million times better out of the packaging. The wings aren't plain plastic, they're translucent, and the dragon has a ton of articulation. (please ignore my lack of proper jargon RE articulation) The wings have an elbow joint at the elbow and a joint and pivot where the wing attaches to the body, the tail has a pivot and elbow joint and the front arms have elbow joints at the elbow and a pivoting elbow joint at the base. The back legs just have a pivot and the head has a ball joint and the mouth opens.

I'll attach a photo in a sec :crazy:

Oh and he came with one of those vorgans, he's cooler than you made him out to be, and the joints aren't that bad. His hammer is absolutely massive compared to him though.

Edit; here are those pics. They're pretty shizznitty, I need to take photos of him in daylight because the flash does murder to his colouring.

Attached File  draygun1.jpg   129.07K   4 downloads Attached File  draygun2.jpg   111.56K   6 downloads Attached File  draygun6.jpg   47.42K   7 downloads

Edited by Airot, 25 September 2008 - 04:53 AM.

I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#77 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

i too just bought a larger dragon, but it was from the dragon line. dark crown the eclipse dragon. part of the argentix faction. came with a cd-rom that i haven't had a chance to check out yet, a cool card, way better than the ones that come with the plasma dragon figures and he has a light in his chest. the little figure that came with him is named suen. he's pretty cool, he's got dark red armor and long horns on his helmet. i'll try and get some pics up and more details about the cd-rom this weekend. haven't found the large plasmas for sale anywhere for cheaper than $20. i got this one for only $10.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#78 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

haven't found the large plasmas for sale anywhere for cheaper than $20.

Far out dude, that's a rip! TRU is selling those guys here in AU for $15 AUD when our little plasmas are $9.99 AUD. Talk about screwy pricing.

Heres a pair of utterly delicious daylight photos;

Attached File  daylight4.jpg   236.53K   5 downloadsAttached File  daylight6.jpg   128.04K   4 downloads

See how much nicer his colouring is now?

#79 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

i'm almost convinced to buy a fangrene. just gotta wait until i see one for not a lot of money. checked out the cd-rom that came with the dragon i bought. it's pretty much a non-web based version of the website. but if you click on the more info button it takes you to the website. pretty lame. i'll keep snopping through it to see if there's anything really good on there. incidentally, anyone notice the extra cool coloring on the two plasma dragons that come with battlestorm castle? looks like a green iteration of prongrowl and a purple crymson. i'm gonna see if i can find these two beauties. also dragonstone gate has a pallet swap plasma too. another one i'm gonna have to find.

btw, boaconda, pm sent about legendary dragons. :) :)

Edited by dankingery, 26 September 2008 - 12:59 PM.

#80 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

i'm almost convinced to buy a fangrene.

I'm thinking about it too, it was gonna be either him or clawshock, they just didn't happen to have a fangrene when I went in so my decision was made for me.

checked out the cd-rom that came with the dragon i bought. it's pretty much a non-web based version of the website.

That's what I figured it would be. Sucks.

incidentally, anyone notice the extra cool coloring on the two plasma dragons that come with battlestorm castle? looks like a green iteration of prongrowl and a purple crymson.

Yeah I've been thinking about buying those pre-plasma plasma dragons too, but if I dunno if it's worthwhile. They aren't plasmas they're just the same mould, the old moulds weren't as cool at the newer plasma moulds anyway... and if I start buying that stuff I'll probably wind up having to track it all down.

But damn do I ever want gryndel.

#81 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

yes yes. gryndel is on the top of my list of dragons to get. very cool "shadow dragon". i found the battlestorm castle and dragonstone battleground for pretty cheap on ebay. i'll prolly end up springing for those. also, i might have a source for a vile and crymson. just got to pull a few strings. damn strings. :notme:

#82 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

I'm glad to see so much interest on the board about the plasmas. I started collecting the dragons in 2005 when I found them at a Wal-Greens here in Georgia. Just got Hydracc today, posting pics soon. Here's one, obviously the first series pictured with TGB's uhh, God Beasts. Enjoy.Attached File  GBDragon1.jpg   1.02MB   11 downloads
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#83 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

thanks for the heads up on a new place to search. wal-greens is gonna get a visit by me tomorrow. wait, those butt monkeys are open 24/7. they may get a visit tonight. :notme:

#84 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Drug stores are amusing for finding old-ass shizznit. I've seen Lego sets that date back as far as 2001 at this ghetto CVS in Salisbury! But the norm's usually year-old stuff. My local Rite Aid used to have the Plasma Dinosaurs, but by the time I have interest in all things Plasma, nada. :notme: Not even K-Mart does now! I'm not actively hunting, but it's a bummer.

#85 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

the rite-aid closest to me is ass. they've still got really old spawn toys. like 2000. they never get anything good. the kmarts around here seem to be inconsistent on what they have. some got the goods, others are lacking.

#86 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

I found most of mine in Target and TRU, but only because those places had absolutely massive stocks and/or a delicious sale.

I have however found them in Safeway, Myer and Kmart. David Jones acted like I was some uncultured slug when I asked if they stocked mega bloks products, despite the fact that they have PS1 games still on their shelves at full price and thus clearly don't know shizznit about modern culture.

I've had a look in a few other places like priceline, but it seems that AUs little chains don't do good toys. The Reject Shop may wind up getting a few of the techs or something a few months down the track, if the company decides to dump the leftovers off on them.

A woman at work today gave me an awesome strategy to get me a Gyro - Apparently Kmart, unlike many other chains, will order toys in from other stores if a customer wants them. This will save me a great deal of trouble searching every store in the state :unknw:

#87 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

no dice on the vile and crymson. maybe instead of pulling strings i should have just used a garrote.

#88 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

Well! Today I recieved my three plasma guys off Boaconda - and I made a shocking discovery - They aren't just repaints of old dragons, they're old parts reassembled into new dragons. Just what I had been hoping for!

One of the parts isn't even old - it's the tail from a series 8 dino!

These shots were taken in absolutely massive resolutions, so if you're after a larger version of any of the pics, once again, just ask <_<

Attached File  dragonb1.jpg   325.21K   16 downloads Attached File  dragonb2.jpg   347.97K   21 downloads Attached File  dragonb3.jpg   403.71K   14 downloads

#89 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

wow, those look awful. i can't wait until i get mine. :yes:

so the one with the effed up tail from a s8 dino has tidalfire's head with crymson/boulder's body? then the blue one has talonlock's head with archeaop/scauld's body? the other one just looks like prongrowl all together. looks like the molds weren't the greatest either, seams are more noticeable. you know, if these things sell good enough i bet we see dinos eventually.

i really can't wait to see these. mine should arrive before not too long. that boaconda, he's a stand-up guy.

#90 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Why yes, yes I am. :yes:

How utterly bizarre. I wasn't expecting a parts-swap between these "Legendary" Dragons. Certainly not a Series 8 part! Not totally surprised though, since these do seem to be new, but it's usually old assortments that get the bootleg treatment.

It might also be that these dragons use a combination of parts that were used by Mega Bloks, but for one of those Dragon playsets. Except, I guess, for that tail.

#91 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

looks like mega brands has added a king arthur animation to the website. haven't been shopping for series 8 for a while. gonna have to get back on the horse. i think plasma is the only line i'm buying right now, for a while anyway.

#92 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

I found those series 8 dinosaurs at TRU - for $15! WTF? Yeah, that's logical, DOUBLE the price on the new set when you're still finding it hard to get rid of all the old stock.

What on earth happened to the series 8 dragons? Did they decide to cease production or something?

Oh, and dan, are your S8 dino eggs opaque? I don't like it. It's crappy and ugly and looks cheap. If they're transparent elsewhere I'm importing.

#93 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I just got back from shopping, and guess what I found?

Plasma dino bootlegs!

These are called 'Magic Egg' dinosaurs and seem to be direct copies of the plasma dinos, except the wing pegs are missing on 2 of them! They come in resealable plastic baggies inside clear plastic eggs, with no markings or stickers on the eggs. There were 4x3 spaces in the box, and the orientation of the box indicated that there was a good chance there were 4 different dinos, but only 3 kinds were left. I asked the owner of the junk shop if they had any more out the back and he said they were ordering more in and I should try next week.

Now I have cheap fodder for customs :rolleyes:

If anyone wants their very own boot dinos I'd be happy to send you some!

Attached Files

#94 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

okay, haven't posted anything new here for a while. prolly because i haven't been shopping for a while. i did just buy the final series 1 dragon i was missing. crymson is on his way from canada right now. i should have bought one of the two scaulds that were recently on ebay. my crazy sense of responsibility and fear of having to put in some work on one of my vehicles stopped me. so, other than the unreleased dragons i'm only missing scauld. i do have an update though. it would seem that the "series 8" dragons aren't really series 8 afterall. this is just a theory of mine, but i speculate that the series 8 is limited to just dinos. i think the dragons are series 9 and i believe that we'll be seeing them in stores before christmas. mega bloks is supposed to contact me when they are available in stores. i'm gonna try to hit up toys r us tomorrow after work on my way home. i'll let you know what i find.

#95 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

it would seem that the "series 8" dragons aren't really series 8 afterall.

I've suspected that myself too, however because they were explicitly listed as series 8, I never gave it much credence.

Honestly I think they were meant to be series 8, but a mistake was made and they were delayed, but something had to be released so they pumped what they had out. Whether the dragons will remain as part of series 8 or be shifted to series 9 will remain a question until they're released.

#96 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

Today I went toy shopping... and I found S8 Dinos at 66% off! :unsure: There sign said they were still full price, but previously they had scanned as 'item not found' so I wanted to see if they were in the database yet - and I scanned one on the price checker... and there it was! Talk about luck!

Attached File  dinos82.jpg   220.37K   8 downloads

The fact that they were almost completely assembled right out of the shell was a little dissappointing. And the plastic feels cheaper. Otherwise they're pretty cool! :D

#97 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

66%! that's awesome. i never seem to find good deals on plasma. it's always a dollar off or something equally unexciting.

#98 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I know what you mean. There are so many toys I want that never ever go on sale, and when they finally do it's usually when I already have them! Makes me go D:<

That aside, now I've looked at them more closely and the excitement has worn off, I have to say that these new plasmas are almost on the same level of cheap as the bootleg dinosaurs I found. Horrible paint, lots of highly visible flash, the joints stick, the head of my Hammerskull is too small for the body, the mouth won't open without a lot of struggling, and when it is open, I noticed his toungue isn't painted like the rest of them. Terrorsweep's eyes weren't painted and there's no shading on his feet. The articulation on his wings is poor at best, you really couldn't get a good flapping motion out of them without modifying the wing sockets.

#99 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

that's sad to hear. i have a feeling that the plasmaverse is in it's late stages and it close to supernova. i may still have to get the ankylosaurus though. i've always loved them since i was a kid and had an awesome giant rubber one that would whip on my stegosaurus all the time.

let's just hope that plasma survives long enough for us to get our undead dragons.

#100 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:01 AM

I WILL BUILD AN ARMY OF UNDEAD DRAGONS!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com