#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

Posted Image

When I first started a thread on Gormiti over on the AKIA board back in early 2006 I had no idea they would still be going strong in 2008 and I doubt anyone thought they would ever be released in the rest of Europe or the US! :lol:

This entry covers the line from the first Italian Series all the way through to Final Evolution. That includes the current EU/US Series 1 and also some of the mini and magnetic series.

I'll make image/info updates over time but this was a HUGE entry as the line is so big and seems to go off in so many directions! :thumbsup:

If anyone spots any errors feel free to send me a PM :lol:

GORMITI @ TOYPEDIA

(and if you scroll down a bit further I've added some more images to the bottom of the SD Kinnikuman entry :sweat:)

Edited by matthewf1tz, 05 April 2008 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:47 AM

Just noticed this one, you labeled the Mystica People of the Water as being from the Air instead.

But hot damn, that entry is extensive and awesome. Something you may want to indicate in the future is that some of the figures are exclusive to the ancillary products out there, like FE's Comet only comes in the Magic Eggs apparently. Also, you didn't mention the new regions in Final Evoultion. Otherwise you've done a fantastic job with this and I just know you'll be revisiting this one again and again as we get more merchandise from outside of Italy.

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

Thanks, I'll change that label and I'll add the new region info to the Final Evolution section:) It wouldn't surprise me if there's a couple more...my head was spinning by the end of it!

I need to take some more pictures from my own collection too, and Soups and I are going to add some cards using the same format as the Wierd Ball section.

Lets hope Gormiti are a success in the other countries they've now been released in - who knows, if they are, maybe other firms will jump on the mini-fig band wagon? It might even mean the new MIMP sell better when they're FINALLY released in the US??

Edited by matthewf1tz, 05 April 2008 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Awesome!

#5 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Okay, I'm a little biased because of my obvious connection to Toypedia, but Fitz, :lol: you've totally outdone yourself! Absolutely amazing! I had no idea the toy line was so complex and varied. :thumbsup: Awesome job!

Now I can't wait to get my hands on some of those mini magnetic figures!

:sweat:
Posted Image

#6 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

:thumbsup: you know how long it took Soups! Thanks for making those edits :sweat:

coincidently (<SP?) looking at the on-line list earlier I think about 7 guests were looking at various Gormiti topics! I think this line will bring a few new members to the board...

Posted Image

#7 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

So how do you go about getting the older versions of Gormiti from 2005? Or any for that matter?

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

eBay? You may have heard of it. :woot:

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

"Any, for that matter" is the LRG store. JKaris runs it.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#10 HENdustRY

HENdustRY

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hi guys! my name is Gianfranco Enrietto, I'm the designer of all Gormiti's collections since the second,
I'm also the designer of the italian comix books, and of the monster characters of the cartoon.
you know we are making a cartoon about Gormiti?
I'm very surprised, proud and happy to see so many interest for my creatures!
In the next days I will check better the blog to find eventual mistakes, I'm a sort of living bible about Gormiti and I offer you my collaboration.
You really deserve an illustration! this was published as poster attached on Corriere della Sera (italian newspaper)

Posted Image

So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins.
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all Your losing.
(Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III - 1970)
Posted Image
website of Gormiti's designer

#11 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:15 AM

:lol:

Thank YOU for creating such a wonderful new line of toy figures! Welcome to the forum! Any feedback, information, or corrections you want to share with us about Gormiti are very welcome!

Again thanks, and welcome!

:notme:
Posted Image

#12 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

Gianfranco, welcome to Little Rubber Guys!

Gormiti is an amazing line and I know that a lot of people (myself included) had been hoping since 2006 that Gormiti would make it outside of Italy and were very pleased when it did! You should be extremely proud of it :notme:

That Gheos is awesome - I'm a big fan of teh artwork on the cards.

There are lots and lots of questions that I'd love to ask you but I suppose the big one is.....

Is there going to be another series after Final Evolution?? (I hope so :lol:)

Edited by matthewf1tz, 29 May 2008 - 03:46 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:30 AM

Hi Gianfranco, welcome to the board!
I am a big fan of the gormiti toyline and have to thank you a lot for your great work.
There are really visionary figures among them that are ready to take over toy collectors world.
Look forward to more mind-blowing sculpts!

#14 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Gianfranco, welcome! I have just begun to collect and I love the toyline. There are some amazing characters to play with. Your art is stunning! A cartoon sounds wonderful!

#15 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

Hey Gianfranco, I enjoy your wonderful designs. The Gormiti line is growing in global popularity, and the sculpts are truly AMAZING! Cheers to you and your originality...and all the best, Cheaptoyman :lol:

Hi guys! my name is Gianfranco Enrietto, I'm the designer of all Gormiti's collections since the second,
I'm also the designer of the italian comix books, and of the monster characters of the cartoon.
you know we are making a cartoon about Gormiti?
I'm very surprised, proud and happy to see so many interest for my creatures!
In the next days I will check better the blog to find eventual mistakes, I'm a sort of living bible about Gormiti and I offer you my collaboration.
You really deserve an illustration! this was published as poster attached on Corriere della Sera (italian newspaper)

Posted Image

#16 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

hi Gianfranco!

i love Gormiti too, they are great, i cant wait for more to be released in england. thanks for putting up the cool pic.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#17 HENdustRY

HENdustRY

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

thanks thanks thanks :o
for everything you say!

YES, Final Evolution is not really the "final evolution", nobody in Giochi Preziosi want to stop the phenomenon :blink:
today I come back from Hong Kong, I bring with me the prototipe of the new series, based on cartoon characters...
I cannot post picture or tell you how they are... but I can say that this new line is really better, better detail, better color,
some characters is made with different mould, not only one mould, but 3 or 4 mould (body, head, arms) assembled.

I hope you understand what I mean, because I've spend the last 8 hours in train-plane-bus-taxi...
and dinking some beer at Maya Bar here in Hangzhou...
I'm a bit dazed and confused, as Led Zeppelin said.

god my english sucks...

So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins.
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all Your losing.
(Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III - 1970)
Posted Image
website of Gormiti's designer

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

thanks thanks thanks :o
for everything you say!

YES, Final Evolution is not really the "final evolution", nobody in Giochi Preziosi want to stop the phenomenon :blink:
today I come back from Hong Kong, I bring with me the prototipe of the new series, based on cartoon characters...
I cannot post picture or tell you how they are... but I can say that this new line is really better, better detail, better color,
some characters is made with different mould, not only one mould, but 3 or 4 mould (body, head, arms) assembled.

I hope you understand what I mean, because I've spend the last 8 hours in train-plane-bus-taxi...
and dinking some beer at Maya Bar here in Hangzhou...
I'm a bit dazed and confused, as Led Zeppelin said.

god my english sucks...

Actually your english is pretty good.

Can't wait to see the new line!

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

but I can say that this new line is really better, better detail, better color,

Haha, this line is already so good, I'm having a hard time imagining the figures being even more detailed. And I love that even more craftsmanship is being put into the sculpts!

At the risk of stating the obvious, Matthew Fitz and I have noticed that each series of Gormiti seems to have "evolved" to a different form with each release. For example, the one series was made bigger and more muscular in the next series, almost as if the characters has "evolved" to a new form. Then of course there is the "Final Evolution" series, which seemed to signify the final "evolutionary" form of the characters. Was this evolution theme done on purpose?

If so, I think it is a GREAT idea! I just created an entry on Toypedia about the Trash Bag Bunch toy line released by Galoob in the 1990's. Galoob really capitalized on the growing environmentalism movement with the toy line, and I think it had some positive impact on the toy line's success. Right now, evolution is a hot topic around the world, and to some extent, I think Gormiti has benefited by tapping into this! (Sorry if I'm waaay off track here, but just thought I'd share. :blink: )
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com