• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Predasaurs back in the USA?

An occasional LRG poster just put this on this blog!

http://ditreasures.b...predasaurs.html

Attached Files

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hell yes!

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Goddaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Canada never gets the good stuff!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 MasonofDITreasures

MasonofDITreasures

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Toys, video games, movies, TV

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

Goddaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Canada never gets the good stuff!

There were 4 different sets, 2 of each set.  I bought 4 for myself, but now I'm thinking I should have cleared the shelves so I could send the rest to those that can't find these.  ^_^​ 

www.DITreasures.blogspot.com

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

I'm going to have to check my local FDs tomorrow, to see what's up.

9/10/15, update: No dice, thus far. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. Is there anything of note on the back of the packaging?

Edited by ironmask, 10 September 2015 - 06:27 AM.

#6 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

Yeah if my family dollar has these I'll gladly buy extra if people are interested.  But as of today I don't see them.  But that price tag is a lot better than what I saw coming from Italy. 

#7 MasonofDITreasures

MasonofDITreasures

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Toys, video games, movies, TV

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

It was out of sheer dumb luck that I stumbled upon these Predasaurs vs Aquasaurs 2 pack sets at my local Family Dollar. They were selling for $5 a pop. I had never even hear of Predasaurs before, but I just couldn't resist getting 1 of each set. Hopefully I'll be able to "collect them all" but you just never know with Family Dollar.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-6091-0-34375000-1441903946_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-6091-0-20312500-1441903971_thumb.jp

www.DITreasures.blogspot.com

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

1. My bet is that they are arriving with the Christmas stock.  Mason did describe a full case.  Most stores have not gotten or not stocked their gluttony of Christmas toys yet.

2.  I wrote Dracco USA and asked if they are going to Family Dollar nationwide and/or any other stores.  We will see if they respond. 

3. It is interesting to note that Family Dollar is owned by Dollar Tree as of Jan 2015.  Wouldn't it be awesome if the blind single packs ended up at Dollar Tree?

4.  It is also interesting to see that they have revamped the series for some reason.  The Aqua Attack in the EU was 25 figures (18 Aquasaurs + 7 Predasaurs) plus minis.  Now (it seems) we are only looking at 20 figures, 15 of which are new Aquasaurs and 5 of which are new DNA Fusion Predasaurs that were not in the DNA Fusion series. Weird.

5. Of course we also don't know if these 20 figures are even available. Mason described four different 2-packs; two of each.  So, the case yields only 8 figures.  Of course there could be another distinct case.  Or -- fingers crossed -- point #3 will fill in the gaps. 

6. The Predasaurs website features bios for 15 Aquasaurs, not the 18 from the EU release.

Here are some images of the EU release (NOT Family Dollar):

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 September 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#9 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

7.  These are not true "versus" packs, as marketed. The example shown has two Aquasaurs: Kadmus and Torquar.  This is more of a "companion" pack really.

8.  The figures look a lot different than the images on the checklist.  The translucent pieces are different colors.  They might be variants of the EU figures, there might be variant within the series, or it could be that all figures just look a lot different than the illustrations.

9. Argos? Isn't that the UK store that gets all the cool toylines that don't come to the US?

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 September 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

4.  It is also interesting to see that they have revamped the series for some reason.  The Aqua Attack in the EU was 25 figures (18 Aquasaurs + 7 Predasaurs) plus minis.  Now (it seems) we are only looking at 20 figures, 15 of which are new Aquasaurs and 5 of which are new DNA Fusion Predasaurs that were not in the DNA Fusion series. Weird.

5. Of course we also don't know if these 20 figures are even available. Mason described four different 2-packs; two of each.  So, the case yields only 8 figures.  Of course there could be another distinct case.  Or -- fingers crossed -- point #3 will fill in the gaps

Not that weird. The missing figures not listed on the packaging are probably ones that were exclusive to Aqua Attack's playsets and carded vehicles. Given the line only showing up now and at Family Dollar, probably a good chance we're not seeing the full range of merchandise that Europe got. That could even explain why there's 20 figures on the checklist but potentially only eight figures available, if the line was cut even shorter.

8.  The figures look a lot different than the images on the checklist.  The translucent pieces are different colors.  They might be variants of the EU figures, there might be variant within the series, or it could be that all figures just look a lot different than the illustrations.

Didn't the first Predasaurs series have color variations of figures or was it only the one tin figure?

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

1. My bet is that they are arriving with the Christmas stock.  Mason did describe a full case.  Most stores have not gotten or not stocked their gluttony of Christmas toys yet.

2.  I wrote Dracco USA and asked if they are going to Family Dollar nationwide and/or any other stores.  We will see if they respond. 

I just got a response from Dracco, here it is:

Hi Steve,

We just recently started shipping Predasaurs to Family Dollar as their orders were based on three different shipment waves for the 2015 holiday season into all stores.  So most likely the Texas store locations will have product by the middle of October.

Currently we are not selling the product line to any other US retailers in 2015 as we start presenting next month to many retailers for their Fall 2016 purchasing decisions.  We will expand Predasaurs to 5 different items so there will be a larger selection.  

Thank you for the continued interest in Predasaurs and if you have any other questions let me know.  Thx.

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

Didn't the first Predasaurs series have color variations of figures or was it only the one tin figure?

in DNA fusion the tin figure was a different sculpt of the Kabal dino. no repaints in the line that I know of

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

I don't think there were any variants within the US version of DNA Fusion.  Perhaps there were variants between the US and the EU collections.  As mentioned in another thread, I never bought a tin or a putty pack and I ended up with all but 4 figures.  These are #4, 6, 8, and 24.  Maybe these were in the tins?  I don't know. 

In other news, I had a conversation with the Dracco USA representative and I have found out the following. 

1.  The Aqua Attack series is being sent to Family Dollar stores in three separate waves which should have stock in all 8,100 FD locations by mid-October. 

2.  There are 10 different 2-packs in the FD stock.  All 20 figures will be able to be collected from FD stock.

3.  If the FD partnership is successful, they will [try to] find a way to release the other 5 figures. [I am guessing in playsets.]

4.  There is currently no other US chain that will be receiving Predasuars.

5.  They are pursuing another partnership that will have the next series in stores Fall 2016 if successful. 

6.  The next series, if a partnership is established, will be Dragon Fire. 

7.  There seems to be no interest or intention of ever releasing Insect Invasion stateside. 

I made a case that Insect Invasion is far more creative than Dragons Fire. 

Response:

"Interesting perspective. Feedback we have received is that Dragons are the “in thing” and many retailer buyers have been pushing for the dragon line.

We get many adults inquiring about the line so I can see the interest in the different series.  From a kids perspective they are really into dragons hence the new version to capitalize on the trend in the marketplace.

I will share your feedback with our creative team on the dragons…..they review different market trends and felt that dinos and dragons would be a good series extension to the product line."

So there you have it. 

Aqua Attack at Family Dollar now. 

A year from now Dragon Fire -- maybe. 

Insect Invasion -- probably never.

Edited by steverotters, 11 September 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#14 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

in DNA fusion the tin figure was a different sculpt of the Kabal dino. no repaints in the line that I know of

Ahh, it was a unique sculpt. Okay, that makes sense! Yeah, lack of personal knowledge of the line didn't help there, I'd only kept hearing others talking about it being a variant so I'd assumed the cheaper route.

It's cool that Dracco USA is so forward with this kind of information about the distribution of and plans for the continuation of the line. Way more than I'd expected. Gonna have to see if I can't make a concerted effort this year to give this line a shot (when I have disposable bucks, of course).

Edited by BaltanII, 11 September 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#15 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

So finally today after going to 4 different family dollars in St. Louis I managed to find a couple packs of these. I was already in the area, so I thought I would test the waters. After the first one was a bust, I decided to go to more stores because they were doing a massive liquidation of clearance toys to make room for xmas stock. Figured it was a good time to stock up on cheap xmas options for my kids. I have mostly girls, and was able to buy 6 of the large original lalaloopsy dolls brand new for only 6 bucks a pop after the discount. They were originally marked 25 each so that was a score big time for my meager budget. I knocked out a huge chunk of 3 of the 4 girls xmas today for only 60 bucks. Got a lot for that 60 too, I'll tell ya. 

Anyways, last store I went to was so hood it was crazy. Bars on the bars on the windows! You had to enter and exit through a little security room at the front of the store. That was the only store that had them stocked...the other stores hadn't even heard of them yet. 

I could only afford two packs so I picked the two I liked the best. If I find more down the road maybe I can score the rest that Family Dollar has to offer! I got a pack with Kadmus, and Torquar; and a pack with Haktor, and Tantalos. Super awesome to open and hold in person!

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Anyways, last store I went to was so hood it was crazy. Bars on the bars on the windows! You had to enter and exit through a little security room at the front of the store. That was the only store that had them stocked...the other stores hadn't even heard of them yet. 

any chance this was the one down on Jefferson St., close-ish to downtown?

I might be up in the city this weekend, might take the chance to have a look if I have time.

Edited by bachamn, 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#17 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Im not really big on these at all but i'll check my local stores for you guys!

#18 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

any chance this was the one down on Jefferson St., close-ish to downtown?

I might be up in the city this weekend, might take the chance to have a look if I have time.

I believe the store I found them in was 5324 Virginia Ave. St. Louis. Had my fiancee look at our map history and that was the last one we had went to according to her. Good luck man...let me know if you go looking for them.

#19 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

I just got a few of these (Haktor/Tantalos), Got them home and absolutly fell in love with them. Now that I know more Im going back to get the different ones they had,Pretty sure I saw a full box but there's only like 7 or less! which sucks. I realistcally only have 3 family dollers that are close to me so I hope to find all I can with what I got. I was waiting for a good toy that is right up my ally and Im so glad I went into the store that day and saw them. All there weapons and armor snapped right on and stayed on with no problems, there very detailed for what they are too!

#20 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:37 PM

So I hit the jack pot with these! I ventured to my 2nd family dollar thats close by. I went in to see if they had anymore of these..and to my joy, there sat another full box. This time I found some of the "captains" that have the jewels in there weapons!! (klawkos,bakra,loktar,kando) I was so flipping happy I bought 2 more packs, I now have seen atleast 8 different 2 packs and have 10 figures total :) I might have even seen ALL the packs. I'm pretty sure there's 8 packs to a full box and they only had 1 box each store so far, so there definitally out there!! I just need to get some more cash to get the rest lol.

330ab6t.jpg

Edited by Remington, 30 September 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#21 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

That's a great collection Remington.  What state are you in?  The Dracco representative said there are 10 different 2-packs in the Family Dollar stock.  All 20 figures (in the US set) will be able to be collected from FD stock.  But as you have discovered, you will either have to go to multiple stores or hopefully have a second or third box arrive at each store.  Best of luck!  I bet you are closer to the set than anyone else.  BTW, have you kept up with SickBricks?  You haven't been around in awhile, so I hope all is well.

Edited by steverotters, 01 October 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#22 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

Thanks! :)

I'm in the state of Ohio, cincinnati to be exact. Also wanted to say the information you posted about these before and the Dracco representative was really helpful, and I'm glad you went through all that trouble for everyone. I now only need 3 more 2 packs (KHARON,SKYLLA,KADMUS,CEPHUS,TORQUAR,MELEON) and I know for sure they are at my 2 stores...I possibly have to wait until monday to get them, hopefully no ones buys them or ill be so sad. I'm still "kinda" collecting sick bricks, I do still like them but I dont have the newer ones yet or the big sharkinator set. Hopefully I can still get those to keep up. I sometimes get into a certain toy and then fade away from it altogether or take a break. I've been waiting for a new toy that I was interrested in and ATM there really wasnt much so I didnt post..but I'm still here lurking around :)

My next toy might be another from family doller, I saw the Quick change "changable robots" toys..basically rip off bootleg transformers, which Im sure came out awhile ago..There really cheap and I like them for some reason.

(yeah I get into cheap crappy toys alot)

#23 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:39 AM

Not the best picture but I wanted to post that I completed the set!

34pdp1v.jpg

They also put out another 2nd box at one family dollar location next to me, so they wont only limit some.

Want to add a few things about them, there was a few that the helmets didnt stay on the best but still did the job

and the Torquar or atleast MINE did not stand up and I can't seem to make him do it, which sucks. but other then that no problems

also as mentioned before about these robots I went ahead and picked them up too :)

2zgalud.jpg

Edited by Remington, 06 October 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#24 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

Ugh. I know all the original Transformers molds that were made into those abominations. So sad.

#25 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:01 AM

A year from now Dragon Fire -- maybe. 

Insect Invasion -- probably never.

Bummer. I've been wanting those Insectasaurs for a while....But Dragon Fire appeals to me as well so bring it!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: predasaurs

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com