162 replies to this topic

#26 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

Eric, that is one sick-ass drawing. Kudos. Seriously, awesome.

#27 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Actually I don't really like it. Sorry.

What don’t you like about it?

I'm not into sloppy sketches.
There's too much going on. It looks frantic. Almost on the vurge of ridiculousness.
And Nilla' does'nt clean up his work,or color them in,so I don't see it being improved.

Bryce is entitled to his own opinion. If he doesn’t like it then he doesn’t like it. :lol:

Eric if you get it redrawn I would love to try and give it color if you wouldn't mind. I really love the way you interlaced the hands. It flows really well. Great Job!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#28 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

That really is a fantastic looking drawing. Can't wait to see the final version.

#29 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Wowsa, Eric, truly wonderful indeed. Thats exactly the creativity type of stuff I was looking for. It seriously looks like there could be 100+ claws in it, just like my army. As if they all joined forces to crate one badass.

ok, ill admit that piece is effing sweet, but I hope it doesnt keep others from entering, like white lion suggest. I really wanted max participation and to see a bunch of unique and fun stuff with this one.

Keep up the good work, its all for fun right?

#30 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

Thankfully Doc is offering 3 prizes for this competion, so you can still have a blast and win something.

#31 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:17 AM

I really want to put an entry in on this contest, but at the moment it feels too big for me. I'll see If i can, but I don't know if I could even do a decent entry. I already have an idea though.

Posted Image

#32 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image

here's my pencil sketch of the first of a two or four-part entry. I will be painting this today, and hopefully get better pictures once the sun comes out (the paper's 11X17, too big for my scanner, and I'm tired of giving Kinko's my money).
Posted Image

#33 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Man, that's awesome! I can't wait to see it finished.

Clearly my master plan to "Just draw a ton of claws" is going to need some rethinking. :huh:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Bad Ass Jeff!

#35 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Well, I don't think my "style" would adapt to an army, but here's my portrait of The Claw anyway.

Doc, are you picking your favorite that DIDN'T win the vote, or could someone double-up if you like theirs and they get first or second?

EDIT: Yecch! Turning a bitmap into a .gif doesn't work too well! That background had some light purple in it, and it didn't look as blocky-- it looked smoother. It's a shame I saved as... before saving the bitmap. Alas, a few hours' work is now saved in a shoddy .gif format. Blecch!

(and it REALLY looks bad shrunken!)

Attached Files

Edited by theorgg, 05 March 2008 - 12:48 PM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#36 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

you know what i find funny... when you leave something somewhere and you know you left it there, but when you go to look for it, its not there...

i can't find my drawing~! im pissed. >-<

but its ok... i'll just redraw it. from scratch none the less... :rolleyes:

Edited by Ericnilla, 06 March 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#37 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

Wow Reccoom, that is fantastic!!!!!!!
Talent around here seems to grow every month. I've got an idea for my picture. I don't think it's better than Ericnilla's or Reccoom's, but it's different, and will be fun to do. Now, I just have to get around to doing it.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Two and a half entries. Anyone else close to finishing theirs up? Doc's put up some kewl $$$ for the winners! Hopefully we get the largest turnout yet!

#39 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

Two and a half entries. Anyone else close to finishing theirs up? Doc's put up some kewl $$$ for the winners! Hopefully we get the largest turnout yet!

I'm in the midst of a ton of art projects right now, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl is seeing to it that i shirk them all. :lol:

I'll have something by the end of the month though. I hope.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#40 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

I am going to try and get something done this weekend. :lol:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#41 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

I am going to try and get something done this weekend. :lol:

WhiteLeo

Me too. I have something planned, I just have to sit down and do it.

#42 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

i cant wait guys... i hope we get a good turn out. =]

#43 djniku19

djniku19

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

Hey Doc, badass CLAW collection!! What is the color of the claw on the podium? I can't tell if its an olive green like color or gold or something. I am stoked to see the sweet new artwork from our fellow members. lots of amazing talent in hizzouse! Brilliant idea! :woot:

Posted Image

Ok all, here is the deal. I finally am living with my collection again and it has sparked my interest in the hobby again. I'd like to start updating my site again and working on lost projects that never got finished. Which brings me to this competition.

As you can see in the picture, I like the claw. I am looking for pictures for my claw army to update my site with. here are the specs for this challenge: Its my "Claw Army" picture, meaning, I want at least Five Claws in the picture, prefferably more.

Anything else is pretty much free game, any color, any additions, any style, any claw. I am hoping for maximum creativity, and maximum participation, cause I am greedy and want more pictures :lol: All pictures submitted will be posted on my site with proper recognition for your work.

To spark up participation, I am offering the following rewards:
1. 1st place by voters choice will recieve $25
2. 2nd place by voters choice will recieve $15 Akia store credit
3. My personal favorite will recieve $15

Multiple entries encouraged, cause like I said, im greedy.

My personal favorite may win the voters award as well, so if it is my favorite and the voters, you will recieve $40. To make it a little more unbiased, I will not participate in the voting process. I will just choose my favorite.

I know there have been muscle competitions in the past, so I apologize for non muscle collectors, but since I am forking out the rewards, you have to deal with it hahhahaha. I am excited to see what the awesome artists on this board can produce.

#44 djniku19

djniku19

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

Sweet piece Ericnilla!! That has to be one of the sickest CLAW drawings around. Think I will just forfit now :lol: I look forward to seeing the final piece.

this is just a preliminary drawing, i think. i drew it on the back of a paper from work (the yellow is highlighter, not mustard), i liked the design and will probably redraw it for the final. i just wanted to get it out there, just in case i dont redraw it. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

::i love transformers and the first thing i thought of is a combiner, devastator of course, so i imagine all these claws green... plus a few purple ones in appropriate areas. :crazy: ::

Edited by djniku19, 15 March 2008 - 09:52 AM.

#45 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

Sweet piece Ericnilla!! That has to be one of the sickest CLAW drawings around. Think I will just forfit now :lol: I look forward to seeing the final piece.

this is just a preliminary drawing, i think. i drew it on the back of a paper from work (the yellow is highlighter, not mustard), i liked the design and will probably redraw it for the final. i just wanted to get it out there, just in case i dont redraw it. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

::i love transformers and the first thing i thought of is a combiner, devastator of course, so i imagine all these claws green... plus a few purple ones in appropriate areas. :crazy: ::

thanks man, and i hope your kidding about forfitting... =]

#46 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

Posted Image

ok, im done. i really dont wanna color it, mostly cuz i dont have time... where are all the other entries~?

Edited by Ericnilla, 16 March 2008 - 10:08 AM.

#47 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

Holy shizznit. That. Is. Awesome. :)

#48 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:12 AM

Very, very nice!!
No need for color.

#49 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Very, very nice!!
No need for color.

Agreed. I have no problem imagining it in many different colors -- green like a lizard, or brown like Tyranoclaw, or multi-colored like Doc's Claw army. I think it's great the way it is! Top notch job, Eric!

But I'd still love to see WL's color version, too! And can you imagine an actual MUSCLE-scale sculpt like that? :)
Posted Image

#50 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

yeah i'll have to get on sculpting this guy. than have marty put it into production. =]

Edited by Ericnilla, 16 March 2008 - 11:00 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com