• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#51 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

yeah i'll have to get on sculpting this guy. than have marty put it into production. =]

I would LOVE to see that! If he were in scale with the height of the claw (about Marvel Legends size, 7"), I would pay $100 for a copy. Pink or clear plastic.

#52 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

That drawing really is pure genius. It is sure to win, but I do have a piece that I just need to sit down and draw. It is going to me more of a comical piece....... But seriously fantstic job. If you don't mind 1 piece of criticism I would have liked to see the chest/torso area with the hands clasped so you can see the fingers (like you're praying) rather than have the fingers inverted and hidden.

#53 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:51 PM

yeah i'll have to get on sculpting this guy. than have marty put it into production. =]

Ok, that is the SICKEST claw of them ALL!!! :o That is beyond impressive, that is just NUTZ!!! :) Sculpt that badboy up, then you and me need to talk about molding/casting him...seriously.

TGB

#54 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

Wow Eric, very impressive!!! I would love to see that bad boy sculpted too. I would definately grab one.

#55 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I like the body/arms/legs.

:) ok,now for the critisisms..

Too many 'bumps' all over = is kinda distracting

I don't really like the fact that the head is just a claw sitting on his shoulders. I think it'd look better if his head were a claw making a fist,or maybe if the claw were deeper in his body to where only the fingers were visable.

#56 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

Too many 'bumps' all over = is kinda distracting

Really? I don't find the bumps distracting in the least. In fact, I think the bumps add some much needed texture to the creature's skin. Without the bumps, his skin would be rather plain.

I don't really like the fact that the head is just a claw sitting on his shoulders. I think it'd look better if his head were a claw making a fist,or maybe if the claw were deeper in his body to where only the fingers were visable.

Frankly, this seems less "criticism" and more like nitpicking. For instance, my opinion is that having at least one, nearly complete claw pictured is a great idea. That way we can see what an "unclenched" or un-grasping claw looks like. Besides, how would the creature look around if his face were hidden in a fist?

I'm not saying one can't find some faults with this drawing, but your "criticisms" just seem like poorly thought out opinions. If the changes you suggest were actually made, they would weaken the drawing in my opinion, not make is "better."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

uh oh hide, here come the LRG police !

Thanks proffesor !

Posted Image

#58 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

What is the color of the claw on the podium? I can't tell if its an olive green like color or gold or something.

Here is a better picture of it. This sweet piece was created by Mischa (Grandtheft) during my claw paingting contest awhile back. He descirbed it as like a reincarnation of sunshine, and it is sunshines tomb or gravesite. The grass and plants around it are just awesome.

On a side note, I had a spot on my site featuring all the claws from the contest but lost it somehow. I need to retake all the pics and stuff to post them on my claw page.

On another side note, lets see some more entries you turds! Awesome work so far from all.

Attached Files

Edited by doc_moore_j, 16 March 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#59 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

All this entry-hounding's makin' me nervous, man. There's still nearly half the month left to go. :lol:

Also, your drawing's freakin' sweet, Eric. Really looks awesome all cleaned up, and it's just a really great concept all around. And now that there's some clean linework up, if you don't mind i'm gonna get that bad boy printed out and color it. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#60 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

Also, your drawing's freakin' sweet, Eric. Really looks awesome all cleaned up, and it's just a really great concept all around. And now that there's some clean linework up, if you don't mind i'm gonna get that bad boy printed out and color it. :lol:

awsome man, but if you can wait, im gonna actually scan it and not just take a pic of it. it should look better and more clear. i just dont have a scanner so i have to use a friends. its up to you if you think its clear enough tho.

on a side note, i think i am gonna "TRY" to sculpt this bad boy, i actually have an idea how to do it... but we'll see what happens, its not like i have all the time in the world to do it. one thing at a time.

Edited by Ericnilla, 16 March 2008 - 09:14 PM.

#61 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

... If you don't mind 1 piece of criticism I would have liked to see the chest/torso area with the hands clasped so you can see the fingers (like you're praying) rather than have the fingers inverted and hidden.

i never even thought of that... thats how i hold my hands... hmm... my bad. wish you pointed that out on my first entry.

Edited by Ericnilla, 17 March 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#62 djniku19

djniku19

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Nice work man...it turned out wicked awesome ^_^

#63 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

im starting a new drawing, hopefully no one is doing this concept. Might have it done tonight, maybe.

#64 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

Here's mine. It is more of a humorus entry:

Attached File  claw.jpg   792.05K   36 downloads

Edited by Ghost Lion, 19 March 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#65 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

:lol: That's great, Ghost Lion!

im starting a new drawing, hopefully no one is doing this concept.

That's what I'm afraid of. I started mine last weekend, but I'll probably finish it next Saturday. Not that it will take that long to do, but that's when I'll have time to work on it again. But hopefully nobody's thinking of the same concept I am. :lol:

#66 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

Here's mine. It is more of a humorus entry:

I love the way Pirate Lion thinks it's dumb and you've got the rub on his chest in full view - very nice :lol:

Posted Image

#67 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

okay here's my attempt. I've been really enjoying all these competitions so I thought it was about time I made an effort :lol:

I experimented with this one and used a real mixture or techniques that I hadn't tried before. I wanted to go with the 'Army' theme that Doc mentioned, so this is an army of Claws, marching towards their leader (in a zombie like way...!)

Attached File  claw2.PNG   279.52K   66 downloads

Edited by matthewf1tz, 19 March 2008 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#68 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

That's cool Matt! Yours is my favorite so far. :) I love the color choice, and the fact that you actually drew each hand! Very awesome! I like the way it looks like they are walking toward the other hand too. :lazy:

Posted Image

#69 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

okay here's my attempt. I've been really enjoying all these competitions so I thought it was about time I made an effort :lazy:

I experimented with this one and used a real mixture or techniques that I hadn't tried before. I wanted to go with the 'Army' theme that Doc mentioned, so this is an army of Claws, marching towards their leader (in a zombie like way...!)

Attached File  claw2.PNG   279.52K   66 downloads

Very kewl concept! The art is pretty bad ass too! Great job!

#70 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

Wow, thats an awesome job matthewf1tz!

There are a couple of things that usally hurt an entry but this passes the ultimate test of when I see it just looks bad ass.

#71 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

I wanted to go with the 'Army' theme that Doc mentioned, so this is an army of Claws, marching towards their leader (in a zombie like way...!)

Actually, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture, that they were sort of ambling and shuffling along like zombies. (And I saw the picture before I read your post.) So, you accomplished exactly what you were going for! Cool shading too, especially on the leader Claw. I give it a thumbs up! :lazy:

#72 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Actually, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture, that they were sort of ambling and shuffling along like zombies. (And I saw the picture before I read your post.) So, you accomplished exactly what you were going for! Cool shading too, especially on the leader Claw. I give it a thumbs up! :lazy:

Thanks for comments guys - I can't take too much credit for the shading though :)

When I said I did some experimenting, I used sculpture, photography, MS Office & Paint and then my trusty biro...:)

Posted Image

#73 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

So you sculpted that Claw? :lazy: You should post some shots of it!

#74 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

So you sculpted that Claw? :lazy: You should post some shots of it!

And shortly after that, make a mold of it, and cast it in some neato plastics and colors.

:)
Posted Image

#75 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

So you sculpted that Claw? :) You should post some shots of it!

And shortly after that, make a mold of it, and cast it in some neato plastics and colors.

:D

:) The manipulation on the computer and the biro work hide some flaws on the figure, it's not 100% finished (for one, the eyes need some reshaping) but here it is with some SD Kinkeshi.

Attached File  sdclaw_001.jpg   50.05K   35 downloads

I was going for that sort of look & size, I'll let myself off my Claw being a bit taller as it is with the standard size Kinkeshi/Muscle :lazy:

Attached File  sdclaw_002.jpg   32.52K   24 downloadsAttached File  sdclaw.jpg   32.96K   20 downloads

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com