119 replies to this topic

#51 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

You sons a guns are getting me fired up to buy a few of these.

#52 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

DO IT.

Even with those damn hip joints on the 3.75" figures at times, this is an awesome toyline. Even more so the 6" line.

#53 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

Ok, you convinced me! :D Has anyone seen the movie yet? I plan to on Wednesday!

#54 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

Ok, you convinced me! :lol: Has anyone seen the movie yet? I plan to on Wednesday!

I saw it friday night. It was...okay. Don't get me wrong, i liked it a lot. I will probably go see it again since the theatre a block from me is playing it and it costs like $5. :crazy:

But i was expecting it to be better than the first movie, and it was not.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#55 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:07 AM

Heads up, I got the K-Mart 3 pack last night for $15! At that price it's only 7.50 for the two figures I want and I get a Bio Metal Iron man as an accessory.

#56 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Had some extra cash and decided to pick up a few Ironman 2 movie figures. PIcked up:

Kmart Exclusive 3 pack
Target Exclusive Hall of Armor sets
Basic Mark I
Basic Mark II
Basic Mark VI

A few of them have kind of loose torso joints, it might be cause of the grease stuff on it though. For the most part the joints are fairly tight. My favorite ones out of these are Mark II and the Iron Patriot, and kinda Mark VI HoA.

Posted Image

Here goes a picture of the armor stands, they are really neat and I hope they end up selling them seperate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

I haven't hit Kmart yet, mainly because I'm disappointed I grabbed the three-pack at full price only for it to be sold at a fraction of the cost two weeks later. Le sigh. Anyone know Kmart's policy on price adjustments?

Target (and Target.com, how I got mine) has the Hall of Armor figures with those bases on sale for $9.99, so I grabbed one of each, should have them Thursday.

#58 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I haven't hit Kmart yet, mainly because I'm disappointed I grabbed the three-pack at full price only for it to be sold at a fraction of the cost two weeks later. Le sigh. Anyone know Kmart's policy on price adjustments?

Target (and Target.com, how I got mine) has the Hall of Armor figures with those bases on sale for $9.99, so I grabbed one of each, should have them Thursday.

if anything just buy another one and return it with the old receipt.

Posted Image

#59 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

At that sale price, and given Kmart only had three packs left two weeks ago, I'm honestly not sure that's an option. :lol:

#60 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

I managed to stop in at Kmart yesterday with my bro, and found 1 pack. So I toted it around for a while, but decided I didn't want it that bad and put it back. Good thing too, cause 10 minutes after I put it down a transformer exploded and flickered the lights, and shut down all the computers in the store. :( I just wasn't impressed enough by the figure I wanted, and although the other 2 were pretty nifty variants, I just don't like the figures. So I decided I might as well put my money elsewhere.

Posted Image

#61 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

Ha! 2 days ago I picked up the 3 pack at Kmart. It was the last one on their shelf (their computers said 4 more should be there, good luck finding those). I love it. Omega factor WM & Vibranium IM are super awesome. As Mr.JayBerry earlier said, the Biometal IM is a nice accessory. All 3 have near perfect paint apps (surprising since this was the only set I found). On sale for $15.99 ($10 off, regularly $25.99)! What the hell! This isn't the Kmart I know. :D That's $5.30/fig! An outstanding deal for sure. Also, singles for $5.99 is the best price point that has been offered for this line yet.

#62 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

Nah, one of if not the first week they were out, I recall Walmart having them for just $5. Should've carried a cartful out of the store then, but I got most of what I really needed at that point (everything but Monger).

I got my Hall of Armor yesterday and they are neat, but I really want to get some more of these things! Three displays is just not enough. Pics of the collection today, promise.

Edited by Boaconda, 14 May 2010 - 07:51 AM.

#63 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Picked up 6 figures and really like them. Currently the only figures running around on my desk at school. Picked up Mark I, Iron Monger, comic Mark I, Crimson Dynamo, Comic red and yellow, and comic War Machine. Passed on Aqua Armor for now. Recommend any others?

#64 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

Here goes an updated look at my setup.

Posted Image

I managed to stop in at Kmart yesterday with my bro, and found 1 pack. So I toted it around for a while, but decided I didn't want it that bad and put it back. Good thing too, cause 10 minutes after I put it down a transformer exploded and flickered the lights, and shut down all the computers in the store. :D I just wasn't impressed enough by the figure I wanted, and although the other 2 were pretty nifty variants, I just don't like the figures. So I decided I might as well put my money elsewhere.

Yeah I kinda felt the same way as well, but since they were on sale I figured why not. Now I'm kinda hoping I can sell off the Bio and Omega to atleast cover IP. Think I got them up at $7, little high but figured alright since they were exclusive to the 3 pack.

Nah, one of if not the first week they were out, I recall Walmart having them for just $5. Should've carried a cartful out of the store then, but I got most of what I really needed at that point (everything but Monger).

I got my Hall of Armor yesterday and they are neat, but I really want to get some more of these things! Three displays is just not enough. Pics of the collection today, promise.

Yeah the bases are pretty neat, I went back and got another 2, and again trying to sell off the doubles. Im thinking of getting another 3 so i can get all my Mark 1-6 on stands. If you plan on getting more you better get them before the sale ends. It comes to like $5 for a fig and $5 for the stand.

Picked up 6 figures and really like them. Currently the only figures running around on my desk at school. Picked up Mark I, Iron Monger, comic Mark I, Crimson Dynamo, Comic red and yellow, and comic War Machine. Passed on Aqua Armor for now. Recommend any others?

I say Hall of Armor Mark VI since the figure looks better then the basic one, and Mark II.

Posted Image

#65 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

Have people been finding the newest comic series at anyplace besides Toys r Us? They just took down the Iron Man II display by the entrance so it might be awhile before the shelves sell down enough to stock new IM2 toys.

#66 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

I have been searching fervently, but I havn't found jack. I was under the impression these things were hitting shelves weeks ago. I guess next time I ride by TRU, I'll ask if they have any in the back. :rolleyes: I am so wanting that darn Hulkbuster. I also want the Iron Man from that wave. I'd be happy with those 2. Also plan on picking up a Whiplash, and hope that they make a Movie Dynamo with flippable mask. :D

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 23 May 2010 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image

#67 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

Have people been finding the newest comic series at anyplace besides Toys r Us?

Kmart. The problem is that most Kmarts do not seem to have the latest comic wave in the system. I suffered for this, as my local Kmart decided that the Hulkbuster wave should retail for $10.99 each! Plus tax!

I've got an extra Hulkbuster for the sole purpose of hooking someone up, but who on earth is going to pay that much for it?

For what it's worth, Hulkbuster and Titanium Man are rather awesome figures. They're also my first comic series, but until we get either one in the movie style (Hulkbuster is coming) I'm absolutely satisfied with them.

I also did take pictures of my collection when I said I would, but now they're outdated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Boaconda, 23 May 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#68 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

I'd buy the concept HB/ultimate armor just cause I liked Iron Monger. If they release it. I didn't like the other 2 proto's that sold.

I'd really like to get an older version of Titanium Man, I'll probably buy the new one if I find it, but I don't dig the slender frame as much as I do the old bulky version.

I also have a question about Guardsman. Weren't there more than one guardsman sharing this armor? I can't recall exactly. I can only remember the green one being teamed with the other blue or magenta? guardsmen. I was wondering, cause I was thinking of snagging about 3 of them.

Posted Image

#69 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think with the Guardsmen, who are just the guards for the Vault among other things, you may be talking more specifically about The Jury, whose members used customized versions of Guardsman armor. No real interest in them, so I passed. The Neo-Classic armor is almost tempting, but I'd rather keep my collection movie-based as much as possible, if you couldn't tell.

I don't love it exactly, but I do like the camouflage on the War Machine mold. The Hulkbuster Monger is pretty cool and appropriate given the first movie's Battle Monger concept. It would be awesome if the Hulkbuster helmet turned out to be removable with the Monger helmet inside.

#70 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hmm... I had thought the Jury and the Guardsmen were one and the same... they are so random in their appearances that I could have gotten confused. :rolleyes: I'll have to look into them on the Marvel Wiki again. The last real experience I had with them was the Seperation Anxiety series....which was a Long time ago.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Camo WM was that it may have been a mock up to test out paint apps for potential Drone figures. I'm surprised they didn't pop any of those out in the first wave. If they were done well, I could get into building a nice drone army. Preferably the camo and sea versions.

And it would be cool if the monger head was plugged under that helmet. A simple redeco of the helmet would make for a nifty option. Have you tried head swapping yet? I havn't, but I am wondering if the Mark IV head can fit on the Monger body. If so, and they release the UM/HB then I'd be tempted to pick up the Unmasked M IV from the next wave just to switch Stark's head onto the UM/HB body.

Posted Image

#71 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

http://www.toyark.co...round-set-2801/

Got info on release for the concept Hulkbuster and the... ugh, holographic Mark VI. Two-pack at minimum, not much else yet. That's alright, but certainly not what I'd prefer.

Same HK seller has the protos for two different IM2 drones, and they're gonna be big figures too! I like that Hasbro's not afraid to throw in big villain figures into this line.

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's another three-pack I'll have no choice but to purchase.

http://www.toyark.co...round-set-2801/

Edited by Boaconda, 29 May 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#72 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

Ugg... another 3 pack. Well that kills it for me again. I'm not buying 2 figures I don't like to get one I do.

And The drones are interesting. I'd like to see more models though. They didn't do much for me when I first saw them, like I thought they might. Perhaps because I still havn't been able to find the last wave of figures. Really, if I can't find a Hulkbuster, I don't think I'll buy anymore. I've done missed buying them from Hasbrotoyshop twice already.

Posted Image

#73 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

I could live with Tron Iron Man but I don't need another War Machine. Since I'm mainly into the comic series the last three pack is the only movie War Machine I have making it a much better deal for me. This one though will probably get a pass unless I find it for $15 or cheaper.

#74 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180514213492

And now Toys'R'Us will be getting an even more awesome four-pack.

#75 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

That is a cool 4 pack. I'm looking forward to some drones.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com