ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

The sandstone doesn't really interest me but I'm really looking forward to hearing some reviews on the plastic figures. Also curious about the 'Detail' plastic option shapeways offers, which is significantly more expensive than the others but says it has a "rubbery" feel. 

love the minis btw :)

#77 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

tumblr_ne3igduVwG1sktul3o1_500.jpg

The latest CC, Radioactive Roach, has a bit more modern of an homage to him, but still fits with the classic aesthetics of the project. A redeco is more or less inevitable, of course, but in the meantime, here's his current design, currently up in colored sandstone on Shapeways.

#78 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

The world needs more toy roaches.

#79 CyberBeast

CyberBeast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, MOTU Classics, Motion design

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

Gorgeous creatures! Love triceratops & roach design! Maybe you can make xenomorph or tyranid - like BB ?
Like Bachamn said - "looking forward to hearing some reviews on the plastic figures". :) 

Edited by CyberBeast, 27 October 2014 - 02:17 PM.

CyberBeasts project: just ask me all you want to know about russian battle beasts.
Sorry for my english  :ph34r:

#80 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

Im a bit late to the party here, have t been on the board in a couple of months, but glad I came back to see these. I already put in an order for a few of these. I got:

Stegosaurus in yellow strong and flexible
Trex in green strong and flexible
Allosaurus in red strong and flexible
Reverse Trex in full colored sandstone (purple/black)

I am soo excited to get these in and see what they are like. When I get them, I will be posting pics on here. Trent, your designs are looking fantastic! You are really capturing the original feel of the vintage battle beast line. Congrats!

#81 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Im a bit late to the party here, have t been on the board in a couple of months, but glad I came back to see these. I already put in an order for a few of these. I got:

Stegosaurus in yellow strong and flexible
Trex in green strong and flexible
Allosaurus in red strong and flexible
Reverse Trex in full colored sandstone (purple/black)

I am soo excited to get these in and see what they are like. When I get them, I will be posting pics on here. Trent, your designs are looking fantastic! You are really capturing the original feel of the vintage battle beast line. Congrats!

Thanks, I look forward to your pics and comments!

#82 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

I'd still like to see some better pics of the actual figures themselves so I'm looking forward to your impressions koppen. The renders look great but everyone's pics so far have been out of focus so I'd like to see the physical product a little clearer. 

I think these designs are brilliantly done and I'd like to own some of them, but I'm apprehensive about the materials considering the relative cost for each figure.

Edited by bachamn, 29 October 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#83 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'd still like to see some better pics of the actual figures themselves so I'm looking forward to your impressions koppen. The renders look great but everyone's pics so far have been out of focus so I'd like to see the physical product a little clearer. 

I think these designs are brilliantly done and I'd like to own some of them, but I'm apprehensive about the materials considering the relative cost for each figure.

As soon as I get these guys in, I'll take some pics of them in my lightbox that I use for my customs, and run them through the normal workflow, so you should get some very nice, clear photos of these guys, both solid plastic and color sandstone.

I put my order in on Monday, and according to Shapeways, I should have them in the week of Nov 12th.

Eric

#84 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

I suck at taking Pictures,but here are the New Dino Combat Creatures.I tried to take better pics, Honestly i don't if the its a problem with the Camera or the photographer! Lol.I also compared them  to the flamingo so you  can see the grain look.

Shapeways also BROKE MY REX ARM AND TRIED TO HIDE IT!Bastards!

I just hope they don't stop producing these because of this , if its a Printing problem.

Atomic Allosaur

Attached File  DSCF2435.JPG   59.16K   22 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2436.JPG   73.69K   28 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2437.JPG   70.53K   24 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2440.JPG   67.95K   22 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2442.JPG   61.57K   16 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2464.JPG   72.92K   12 downloads

#85 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

Stab-Happy Stegosaur

Attached File  DSCF2468.JPG   73.64K   16 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2470.JPG   66.34K   17 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2472.JPG   69.84K   13 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2485.JPG   58.52K   12 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2474.JPG   71.59K   8 downloads

#86 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

Stalwart Styracosaur

Attached File  DSCF2505.JPG   62.08K   14 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2512.JPG   67.62K   16 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2516.JPG   62.27K   13 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2519.JPG   72.3K   6 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2521.JPG   61.73K   8 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2527.JPG   68.14K   9 downloads

#87 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

I suck at taking Pictures,but here are the New Dino Combat Creatures.I tried to take better pics, Honestly i don't if the its a problem with the Camera or the photographer! Lol.I also compared them  to the flamingo so you  can see the grain look.

Shapeways also BROKE MY REX ARM AND TRIED TO HIDE IT!Bastards!

I just hope they don't stop producing these because of this , if its a Printing problem.

Where did the break happen? i'd like to know in case there's a modelling issue.

The prints seem to have turned out very nice. 

#88 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Its on the Rex arm.The non weapon hand.You can see that the "Fingers" are closer than the other combat creatures and you can see the glue in the hole between the "fingers".The "fingers" are practically touching.My camera sucks at zoomed shots but here.

Attached File  DSCF2440.JPG   67.95K   19 downloads

#89 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Its on the Rex arm.The non weapon hand.You can see that the "Fingers" are closer than the other combat creatures and you can see the glue in the hole between the "fingers".The "fingers" are practically touching.My camera sucks at zoomed shots but here.

attachicon.gifDSCF2440.JPG

Yeah, that looks like a 1-off situation with the print. The sandstone prints are sprayed with a superglue-like material to harden them so they don't break easily. This is part of why I abandoned articulation on them, since the glue accumulation isn't consistent and proper parts fit would never be achievable without large amounts of work for the customer.

Shapeways has a form for reporting print errors if you want to give it a whirl, I don't know if they'll consider that severe enough for a re-printing. A small round metal file might also let you clear that space without breaking the fingers.

#90 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Nah im not too concernced , as i dont play with them.I just thought i would point it out.

Another Batch im more than satisfited!And i love how your making bug combat creatures to!

Thanks again Trent

Edited by 108KickBack, 30 October 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#91 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

tumblr_nea56hswun1sktul3o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nea56hswun1sktul3o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nea56hswun1sktul3o8_1280.jpg
tumblr_nea56hswun1sktul3o2_1280.jpg

I got in my own test prints of Atomic Allosaur, Stalwart Styracosaur, Stab-Happy Stegosaur and Fetid Fly today. There's more pictures over on the Facebook Page and on the BMOG tumblr.

My Allosaur also had that same issue, but with a little testing it turned out the glue was actually a waxy support material. I was able to just push it through the fist with a toothpick. 

#92 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Gah! Now I have to buy these.... I am debating on what colors (or full) versions I want. Is there plans for a third wave? Also, do you mind if I share this on facebook with my friends?

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#93 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:29 PM

Gah! Now I have to buy these.... I am debating on what colors (or full) versions I want. Is there plans for a third wave? Also, do you mind if I share this on facebook with my friends?

I'm currently working on flipped redecos of wave 2 (think Rampager Rex and Terrifying Tyrannosaur) and then I'm moving forward with more. I have no plans to stop doing these. 

And please, share with your friends, share on other boards, share on social media. Just as long as you link back to the store, I'm glad for any exposure you can give.

-Trent

#94 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

I'm currently working on flipped redecos of wave 2 (think Rampager Rex and Terrifying Tyrannosaur) and then I'm moving forward with more. I have no plans to stop doing these. 

And please, share with your friends, share on other boards, share on social media. Just as long as you link back to the store, I'm glad for any exposure you can give.

-Trent

No problem at all. I hope to see these made for as long as possible. I will share it on my store page on facebook!

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#95 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Put a post up for you buddy at : https://www.facebook...henerdieststore :) I will probably order one today or tomorrow.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#96 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Thanks thenerdiststore!

Some people have asked, so I'll answer: "why go 3d printed for the line?"

Well, the obvious answer is "I lack the funds to get steel molds made for every one of these guys" but there are other reasons, too. Reasons like this:

tumblr_nebrebriT71sktul3o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nebrebriT71sktul3o3_1280.jpg

They're variants on Stalwart Styracosaur and Atomic Allosaur, obviously. In a line using injection molding, they'd have to be simple redecos, or else involve a lot of costs in making remolded parts. Here, however, I can flip them left to right and give 'Racosaur two hands easily and with no additional up-front cost. 

#97 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

Thanks thenerdiststore!

Some people have asked, so I'll answer: "why go 3d printed for the line?"

Well, the obvious answer is "I lack the funds to get steel molds made for every one of these guys" but there are other reasons, too. Reasons like this:

tumblr_nebrebriT71sktul3o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nebrebriT71sktul3o3_1280.jpg

They're variants on Stalwart Styracosaur and Atomic Allosaur, obviously. In a line using injection molding, they'd have to be simple redecos, or else involve a lot of costs in making remolded parts. Here, however, I can flip them left to right and give 'Racosaur two hands easily and with no additional up-front cost. 

What are the plans for the next wave? Can we make dinosaur suggestions? lol Also, is there going to be a backs story? :p

Edited by thenerdieststore, 31 October 2014 - 12:45 PM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#98 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Any updates on pics of the solid, smooth finish plastics?

I think the designs are absolutely gorgeous but the sandstone plastic, while pretty remarkable to replicate color like that, doesn't quite do the models justice. I'm thinking of ordering a few of the solids and painting them to match the colored versions but was wondering how that surface would handle paint.

Also, TrentTroop - do any of the weapons in your Shapeways store work for the BBs?

#99 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

Any updates on pics of the solid, smooth finish plastics?

I think the designs are absolutely gorgeous but the sandstone plastic, while pretty remarkable to replicate color like that, doesn't quite do the models justice. I'm thinking of ordering a few of the solids and painting them to match the colored versions but was wondering how that surface would handle paint.

Also, TrentTroop - do any of the weapons in your Shapeways store work for the BBs?

I ordered three different dinos is strong, flexible polished plastic about a week ago. According to Shapeways estimates, I probably have another two weeks before I have them in hand. But once I do, I will be taking lots of good, clear pics of them!

#100 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:38 AM

I ordered three different dinos is strong, flexible polished plastic about a week ago. According to Shapeways estimates, I probably have another two weeks before I have them in hand. But once I do, I will be taking lots of good, clear pics of them!

Ah, I totally glazed over the part where you mentioned your delivery date.

With your painting skills, are you customizing as well?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com