#1 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Basically I need someone who wants to write short serialized stories... using my characters or bootleg toys I do.... stories for header cards and blog entries. I will toss out descriptions of events and settings for what is going on, need someone to write cool bizarre storylines to fill in and make it all a fun collaboration effort. You will be rewarded in toys or credit with me for use in my Got Toys threads here or in my store: Imperfecz

I can shoot you some loose ideas of where we're at so far or just check the characters out in my signature and look through the blog to see what's up so far.

Shoot me a PM or respond here in the thread if you're into this sort of thing.

#2 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

i could get into this. i used to do some fan-fic in the trek universe and some rpg writing. i did geneva by night for white wolf for the vampire the masquerade series (rights issues with a former friend/co-writer prevented publication) and i was writing the dune rpg before last unicorn games got bought by wizards of the coast (may they rot in hell) and they cancelled the project. so i do have some fun doing this kind of thing. :)
depends on what kind of stuff you want :)

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#3 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

Just little short story stuff..... Giving a little more life to my characters. A little back story makes things more interesting. I also need little bits to fit header cards. Nothing to heavy, more having fun with the characters.

Quick rundown on a couple...

See Creature... Giant tentacled... Kaiju type monster. Open to interpretation and needs some more story to go with it.

Havasu... earthen creature... lives within rocky areas here on earth. Not really seen by people, normally passed off as a trick of the eye when noticed in the desert... maybe it was a mirage? Needs some filling out and back story. There will be lots more sculpts of these guys coming out eventually.

Muusch (that other tentacle guy with the oblong head) Thinking he didn't originate here... happy go lucky creature... unintentionally causes mass destruction as he's sliding along trying to make friends. Maybe he just doesn't realize how big he is in relation to the indigenous life on Earth. This sguy might need a better name to... I don't know.

Edited by l.designs, 16 January 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#4 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

I guess a good place to start would be on my blog... see what's going on there and see what your imagination comes up with.

The way I look at it too... I've had some response here... what would you guys think of a shared universe? I already have a great starting place that lends itself to different writing styles.

Use some of these guys as inspiration....

Posted Image

Edited by l.designs, 17 January 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#5 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Why does this seem to me like a "write what I ask, then I will determine how good it is, and pay you accordingly" kind of deal.

Unless the writer wants to potentially get a raw deal, idesigns should be VERY forward with what will be paid/traded for SPECIFIC work. Make your expectations clear.

I am not saying idesigns is out to screw anybody, but unless the parameters of the exchange are very clear, someone could wind up very disappointed.

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I can speak for Luke and say no one will get screwed. He is one of the most honest people I have delt with on the board... and I have delt with him a lot, in trading, sales and collaboration a few times. No one should be worried about working with him.

plus from working with luke, he is really specific with his projects. so im sure if someone volunteers for this project, everything will be worked out before hand.

But again, great guy~! I can't say enough about him. :)

(also, i know you weren't really insinuating anything ComradeCuttlefish, just bringing up a point. but i had to chime in. :thumbsup: )

#7 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yeah good point. Not out to get anything really... maybe some help with fleshing out some characters and maybe the bits of world I have given starting points on.
Basically it's really pretty open & mainly with this type of stuff I try to make it a mutually beneficial relationship. Everyone likes different stuff and has different needs.... some people would benefit from a little promotion here and there, some like toys.... a lot of times I have traded work for work. For those that have responded in PMs... we can work one on one and we'll see where it goes. But yeah the ball starts in your court... more or less if you're up for it, let me know what you would like out of the deal. Mostly people I've traded work with have a pretty clear idea of what they want for their work. I think dictating what someone's work is worth to them... is pretty crappy. If I have stuff you want and you have an idea how to make something work let's talk.

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

I could enjoy doing it, too! Let me know some details, and if youw ant to see a sample.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com