• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#51 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

I love the Chameleon, Cobra and Puzzlecolor dude, amazing work as always!
-Barry

#52 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

The cobra, Puzzlecolor, and Triple Threat are fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. It is also an interesting take on the bat.

#53 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Awesome just plain awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#54 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Two new commissions for Barry! Webslinger Spider, and one based on his awesome robotic War Weasel custom.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#55 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

That's an awesome Spider, man! Love the colors!

#56 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:09 AM

Man, it's been a while since i posted in here...time to blow the dust off this thread! Here's a new piece for Ghost Lion, based on the "Gorilla Warfare" custom painted by Koppenschevelle. It's a great figure, i had a lot of fun working on this one. :)

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#57 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:17 AM

Thanks, man, I love it. It is a fantastic piece of art. Love the cigar! As I said in the PM I may have to add that to teh figure somehow.

#58 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

Yet another awesome piece Scumdogg!!!! I love it!!!! It matches the figure just perfect.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#59 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

i love your color technique... we should team up soon. i can draw a few things and send them to you... eh~? interested~?

you better~!

=fist=

#60 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

Thanks guys! :unknw:

Eric, i'd love to do some team-up stuff, your linework is pretty incredible. I still have to color your Claw Gestalt drawing, i'll be getting on that soon. Had to do a marker restock recently, that kinda shut me down for a while.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#61 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

So yeah, it's been a long time since i've done any M.U.S.C.L.E.-related art. Battle Beasts are great fun and all, but i thought it might be time for a change of pace.

This one's available for trade or sale, PM me if interested. :D

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#62 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

Two pieces of M.U.S.C.L.E. art for Righteousman!

Posted Image

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#63 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

Great stuff! :D I especially love the Sunshine art. It has kind of an Andy Warhol look to it. By the way, what do you use to color your stuff? Is it a type of marker?

#64 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:48 AM

Great stuff! :D I especially love the Sunshine art. It has kind of an Andy Warhol look to it. By the way, what do you use to color your stuff? Is it a type of marker?

Thanks! :o I use Prismacolor markers to color everything...they're kinda pricey but totally worth it in my opinion. For my linework, it's all zig pens, although for some reason i've had trouble finding those lately, so i'm about to give Prismacolor's pens a shot.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#65 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

My most recent endeavor, a rendition of WhiteLeo's sweet Borg Moose custom:

Posted Image

I'm all caught up at the moment so...if anyone's feelin' the need for some artwork, now's the time. :(
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#66 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Like I said before just plain Awesome!!!!! I love it!!! :wallbash:

I will never quit.

#67 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

I'm all caught up at the moment so...if anyone's feelin' the need for some artwork, now's the time. B)

There is a mythologies contest going, and we have not seen your entry yet, have we? I'd like to see what you could do with a chupacabra, myself...
Posted Image

#68 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'm all caught up at the moment so...if anyone's feelin' the need for some artwork, now's the time. B)

There is a mythologies contest going, and we have not seen your entry yet, have we? I'd like to see what you could do with a chupacabra, myself...

Man, i thought YOU were doing a Chupacabra to team up with your Jackalope, that's why i didn't. :D I do have something brewing, but it's taking a little longer than usual because it's kind of a style change-up. I'll have it in on time though.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#69 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

My Cthulhu Laser Beast fan-art entry is up for sale if anyone's interested. It's watercolor and colored pencil on watercolor paper, and i'm asking $50 plus shipping (shipping's usually included, but bigger drawing means going out and buying a special envelope). A bit more than usual because a)It's bigger, b)Watercolors were a LOT more time-intensive than my usual methods, and c)If nobody buys it i'm hanging it up in my house. :lol:

I need to raise some moneys so i'm limiting this to cash only, unless you've got something i seriously need, like some Laser Beasts or a buttload of NMS Kinkeshi. ;)

Posted Image

EDIT: I mentioned this in the FAC thread, but please note that this image is slightly cropped off because my scanner wasn't big enough.

Edited by Scumdogg, 22 July 2008 - 01:14 PM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#70 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Wow... that's pretty awesome, Scum! So which parts were watercolor and which were pencil? I have ideas, but I'd like to hear your explanation. Great work!

#71 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

Wow... that's pretty awesome, Scum! So which parts were watercolor and which were pencil? I have ideas, but I'd like to hear your explanation. Great work!

Thanks! :notme: The whole thing is a watercolor wash, basically. I just laid down extremely light pencils, then just soaked the appropriate parts of the drawing with either green, blue, or yellow. I did apply extra paint to darken a few spots ahead of time, and lift paint back up with a paper towel to give certain areas a certain look, but there wasn't much detailing at that stage. Then the inks, then colored pencils for all the waves, shadows, veins, and other details. Even the boat wasn't part of the original pencils or the watercolor stage, it was added in last when i decided the thing needed some scale. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#72 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

Poor. Need moneys. The following FAC entries are up for sale. I'm also currently accepting commissions, if anyone's interested.

Prices include shipping. Thanks for lookin'! :D

$30
Posted Image

$25
Posted Image

$20
Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#73 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

For anyone who's interested, i've got an art auction going on over in the Battle Beasts forum. Go check it out! ;)

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=25246
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#74 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Wow, Scumdogg, that is some seriously awesome shizznit. I really dig your style man. Have you ever done any MIMP-based pics?

#75 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Wow, Scumdogg, that is some seriously awesome shizznit. I really dig your style man. Have you ever done any MIMP-based pics?

Not yet, but i'd definitely like to. I have a ton of MIMPs, love the line, and basically am just waiting for people to request the art. ;)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com