5 replies to this topic

#1 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this. Today, my sister and I managed to score a boxed Halloween Boglin for a mere four bucks at a house clean out sale! Needless to say, we were pretty happy.

The problem is that it wasn't stored properly. In addition to having dust all over it, the Boglin itself seems to be in need of some cleaning to bring his color out. The problem is that we're dealing with a piece of rubber that's over 20 years old, so we're very hesitant to do anything unless we do it properly.

I know there are several MINI Boglin collectors here, but does anyone know how to go about cleaning the bigger rubber Boglins? Let me know!

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

i've always given my dwork a scrub with warm water and dish soap. it's worked every time. although, i haven't washed him in about 10 years, so i don't know if the rubber has changed much. he seems to be pretty clean still, just a little dust on his back. maybe i'll give him another scrubbing soon.

EDIT: hehe, i think i better elaborate and explain that dwork is the name of one of the large boglins. not my pee pee. ^_^

Edited by dankingery, 15 August 2009 - 02:57 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#3 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

use a damp cloth or sponge with some warm water and soap on it so you don't get water in the mechanism inside. I don't know if there are any metal parts in the mechanism, but better safe than sorry, huh?

I always just use hand soap.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#4 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

my boglin has zero metal parts. in fact, my curiosity got the better of me one time and i turned him inside out. all the parts are plastic. the eyes and the piece that moves the eyes snap in and out of the head fairly easy. i even used the eyes to spruce up a halloween mask i had one year. anyway, this is true for the original ones, i never had a halloween boglin, and so i don't know if they've got any of the sound or electronic components of some of the later models.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#5 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

dont soak him whatever you do, as Airot says damp cloth thats warm not too hot, which should work a treat. Soaking/heating could lift the old painted features.

Although even damaged ones can look good after they have fought, with a little creativity.

Attached Files

#6 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

Awesome use of "Scarring" to cover up rips Csmhoff. I'm going to have to steal that idea to "Mend" some of my spares!

Nocturin
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com