• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Is there a difference in colors between the green, orange and Pink of the Big Boys series 3 and the green, orange and pink of the Shreddies series 3? I looked at monster collecting and I can't tell much of a difference.
My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#2 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

The only difference in mine is one is hard plastic, the colour looks the same.

#3 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

I know there is a different shade green Big Boy color. It's a lighter, "apple" green. I have Jimmy Squarefoot in this color, regular MIMP rubber, not hard plastic. I'm not sure if that was at Big Boy in addition to the standard S3 green or in place of it.

Edited by fkro6784, 05 April 2012 - 09:34 AM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

http://www.monsterco.../3-nabisco.html
http://www.monsterco...m/3-bigboy.html

Yeah, they do seem to be labeled differently but I'm not seeing the color difference. Then again, I don't actually own any Series 3 MIMP, let alone two different versions in the same color.

Which version is it where Leviathan has the upside-down 30? I think that would make him the easiest to compare.

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

http://www.monstercollecting.com/3-nabisco.html
http://www.monstercollecting.com/3-bigboy.html

Yeah, they do seem to be labeled differently but I'm not seeing the color difference. Then again, I don't actually own any Series 3 MIMP, let alone two different versions in the same color.

Which version is it where Leviathan has the upside-down 30? I think that would make him the easiest to compare.

I don't own enough of any Series 3 to compare either, only duplicate is 2 Pink Anubises (is that the right plural lol?). They look the same to me too.

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#6 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Here's a pic that shows the difference between the BB light green and the Shreddies green. I don't have any of the BB pink or orange to compare those, but I am pretty sure they are different as well.

Attached Files

#7 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Of the figs I have, my BB Abominable Snowman is much closer to the S2 orange than Blemmyea, which is a darker shade all around.

#8 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Here's a pic that shows the difference between the BB light green and the Shreddies green. I don't have any of the BB pink or orange to compare those, but I am pretty sure they are different as well.

Ha I can't tell the difference between them in your pics either. It must be my eyes that are the problem.

#9 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Ha I can't tell the difference between them in your pics either. It must be my eyes that are the problem.

It's pretty subtle, but the Jimmy Squarefoot is a lighter shade of green. It's more of a yellow-green.

#10 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

http://www.monstercollecting.com/3-nabisco.html
http://www.monstercollecting.com/3-bigboy.html

Just so happens I have Leviathan with upside down 30 in Shreddies "Olive-Green". Anyone else have this one and/or in a different colour?

#11 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Shreddies green and orange I've got, both have upside down 30 points . I'm not fussed on trying to get them in upside down and normal though lol
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#12 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Shreddies green and orange I've got, both have upside down 30 points . I'm not fussed on trying to get them in upside down and normal though lol

So how much did you pay for each of those then Howard? Was it through LRG or ebay? Just wondered if these anomalies tend to fetch more than normal mimps.

#13 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

I paid the going rate for them a year or so ago, something like £35-40 I think each. I got them both off ebay and they werent advertised as upside down or anything. I thought I'd got a fake first but the writing on the bottom is not reversed, just the points value. Shame people are bidding so high on them at the moment in general, I mean £35 is steep but some have been going for £60 odd lately:S
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#14 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I paid the going rate for them a year or so ago, something like £35-40 I think each. I got them both off ebay and they werent advertised as upside down or anything. I thought I'd got a fake first but the writing on the bottom is not reversed, just the points value. Shame people are bidding so high on them at the moment in general, I mean £35 is steep but some have been going for £60 odd lately:S

It was only 6 months ago when you could pick them up for less than 40, now the starting price is over 60 :huh:

#15 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

It was only 6 months ago when you could pick them up for less than 40, now the starting price is over 60 :huh:

I consider myself lucky to get them under $80 now. Wonder why the demand went up so much?

#16 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

My guess is newer collectors, or because there weren't any up for a while demand just increased. Some newer collectors seem more willing to spend a small fortune on them lol. Anyone know who a**b is on ebay as they've been bidding on virtually every mimp lot I've looked at lol
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#17 Leviathan

Leviathan

"Keep your Eyes peeled"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my Pocket, Kaiju, Vinyl & Customs

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Here are the colors of Shreddies(left) and Big Boy(right) Figures:

The only change done on the sculpts is that the BigBoy Centaur has 2 Bracelettes, the Shreddies none.

Reverse pointed Leviathan`s can be found in Shreddies and Big Boy Figures.

Attached Files

#18 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Here are the colors of Shreddies(left) and Big Boy(right) Figures:

The only change done on the sculpts is that the BigBoy Centaur has 2 Bracelettes, the Shreddies none.

Personally, I reckon BigBoy Pink is just the same shade as Shreddies Pink looking at those two Snowmen. Could be wrong though! :unsure:

#19 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

All I can say is that I wish I had some of these so that I could compare them! Maybe one day...

#20 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

All I can say is that I wish I had some of these so that I could compare them! Maybe one day...

Prepare to have very deep pockets mate.
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#21 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Prepare to have very deep pockets mate.

Or some lucky breaks!

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, and also for the picture! I also have to agree that if there is a difference in the pink color, I'm not seeing it. That could be the limitations of photography of course and it's just not as easy to pick up on the difference without them in-hand, or a variation in individual color, but I'll let those of you who've owned far more premiums than I have be the judge of that.

#23 Leviathan

Leviathan

"Keep your Eyes peeled"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my Pocket, Kaiju, Vinyl & Customs

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, and also for the picture! I also have to agree that if there is a difference in the pink color, I'm not seeing it. That could be the limitations of photography of course and it's just not as easy to pick up on the difference without them in-hand, or a variation in individual color, but I'll let those of you who've owned far more premiums than I have be the judge of that.

I also took photos for every color individual so heres the pink again. Sure, in hand is the difference better visible. Pink is probably the color with the smallest difference.
I own 9 BigBoy figures and these are gladly enough to compare in every color. A little bit to expensive for my taste to collect seriously.

Attached Files

Edited by Leviathan, 12 April 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#24 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

I also took photos for every color individual so heres the pink again. Sure, in hand is the difference better visible. Pink is probably the color with the smallest difference.
I own 9 BigBoy figures and these are gladly enough to compare in every color. A little bit to expensive for my taste to collect seriously.

Ahh now I see that BigBoy Pink is a deeper shade than Shreddies version. Thanx again for the pic Leviathan! :thumbsup:

#25 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Slightly off topic, but is it me or does the Leviathan sculpt look like its smiling? I'm only going on pictures that I've seen on here though. :wallbash:
If I could have a free series 1 sculpt sent to me through the post (haha :give_rose:) I'd have to go for either the pink Abominable Snowman or Pink Blemmyea as they are definitely my favourites so far - I didn't even know about series 3 back in the day when I first started collecting - saw one for the first time 2 weeks ago!

Edited by bigburty, 12 April 2012 - 07:29 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com