#51 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:21 AM

That is the sort of 'effort' I expected from you anyway :(

Edited by DarrylWestley, 12 March 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#52 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

Darryl, one of the things I love about your website and the fact that your collection is so extensive (everything but one orange Ganesha in Series 2!) is that patterns start to reveal themselves.

Look at your MIMP S1 premiums. Just the top section of high-point figures, because they're the most complete. You see it too? Every figure is produced in exactly two colors. You made the wise choice of organizing the colors so the most-connected ones are next to each other. Four figures are in each pair. But Hydra, Rex, Cyclops and Jotun Troll switch it up.

You have both Rexes, in pine green and orange, and Hydra's the same despite you missing the dark green one. That means your information, laid out visually, predicts the existence of pink Cyclops and Jotun Troll. And it was only recently that the existence of the pink Jotun Troll was well-known (since most of us didn't know Dark Clown had one).

Between all the low-point guys you have, I'm sure the pattern holds true in a similar way too. I can't confirm it since I've only seen one for certain that you don't have yet, pink Winged Panther. Also, Windigo and Hobgoblin ruin the pattern, but I think this is due to gang-molding and perhaps couldn't be helped, unless missing low-point figures balance this out.

#53 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for this... The combination of my collection with others filling available
gaps will increasingly shed light on trends and misfits.

It is especially useful having a visual grid rather than typographic. The Premium
Jotun Troll and Cyclops scenario I was discussing with rarebob. It does seem to
highlight there may be a Pink Cyclops or perhaps a Pine Green? The MIMP
boardgame shows some Premiums that have not been sighted (Blue Cockatrice,
Orange Great Beast, Pink Cyclops). Also Pine Green Hydra, which I believe is
owned by Asator?

If anyone else owns one and is able to submit to the website this will be
much appreciated.

You have seen a Pink Winged Panther? I wasn't aware of this figure...

Edited by DarrylWestley, 15 March 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#54 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

I posted awhile back about whether something similar to the MUSCLE Color Code could be applied to MIMP. I seem to recall the idea was quickly shot down though. Maybe it's not so crazy after all?

Edited by Soupie, 16 March 2010 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#55 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

Darryl, one of the things I love about your website and the fact that your collection is so extensive (everything but one orange Ganesha in Series 2!) is that patterns start to reveal themselves.

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today. It's like discovering a new goddamn periodic table or something. I wasn't aware of the existence of dark green Hydras, but hearing that they do exist, coupled with the celebrated pink Jotun Troll, I wouldn't be surprised if a heretofore undiscovered Cyclops comes out of the wordwork. Specially since (in my experience) the cyan ones are rare enough as it is. I also think there are regional influences involved. The high point premiums tend to come from the U.S., the low ones from the UK.

It never occurred to me that there was a continuum of cyan figures from Mad Scientist to Charon - and a continuum of dark green figures from Spring Heeled Jack to Hunchback. I knew the figures existed, but seeing the patterns layed out graphically is really excellent.

#56 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for this... The combination of my collection with others filling available
gaps will increasingly shed light on trends and misfits.

It is especially useful having a visual grid rather than typographic. The Premium
Jotun Troll and Cyclops scenario I was discussing with rarebob. It does seem to
highlight there may be a Pink Cyclops or perhaps a Pine Green? The MIMP
boardgame shows some Premiums that have not been sighted (Blue Cockatrice,
Orange Great Beast, Pink Cyclops). Also Pine Green Hydra, which I believe is
owned by Asator?

I almost won a pine green Hydra when I just started going after MIMP premiums and barely missed it. I've seen it once or twice since. It was in mentioning that auction that asator told me he had one, and with my very long-term help, he owns every pine green figure. :banana: I wish I'd thought to ask which figures made up his pine green collection, seeing as he's not likely to return.

You have seen a Pink Winged Panther? I wasn't aware of this figure...

asator had a picture of it somewhere before. He was considering selling some premiums, including it and a pink Witch. Not the first time I'd seen one either. Odd how I've run into figures you haven't!

I seem to recall the idea was quickly shot down though. Maybe it's not so crazy after all?

Your link is horribly mangled at the beginning (check the http). Nothing in the thread made it sound that way, just a good idea forgotten. I can't imagine who would shoot down the idea anyway, not when there are obvious and confirmed patters in the releases, just as the 25-point figures only being made in two of the four original colors.

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today. It's like discovering a new goddamn periodic table or something. I wasn't aware of the existence of dark green Hydras, but hearing that they do exist, coupled with the celebrated pink Jotun Troll, I wouldn't be surprised if a heretofore undiscovered Cyclops comes out of the wordwork. Specially since (in my experience) the cyan ones are rare enough as it is. I also think there are regional influences involved. The high point premiums tend to come from the U.S., the low ones from the UK.

I could almost swear I'd even seen a pink Cyclops before, but I have no way to know for sure, and I don't usually hoard images from random eBay auctions, even if they have premiums. Anyway, it is exciting! In an incredibly nerdy, collector way, but still.

I know the regional difference isn't too hard to explain, as there was a UK release of... some sort of set, like the Series 2 Cauldron, I thought that included common figures in the premium colors. Meanwhile the Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereal promotion and the Decipher board game were just in North America as far as I know, but I could be wrong about the Decipher game. There was also the cassette tape as another promotion with the S1 premiums.

#57 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:58 AM

I've done photos to complete the new website, i join 1 of it here. If it's good to you Darryl, contact me for finding a way to share those photos (i've 82 photos of serie1 figures missing on the site) in high quality. For some of the non-matchbox figures, i'll need some help to identify if it is premiums, mexicans, italians or others...

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#58 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Thanks Trumanshower, your contribution is much appreciated :lol:
The example photograph you post, looks great.

For you and those that have a lot of images to send and are concerned
about files sizes/sending many emails. To prevent clogging up both of our
email addresses. I can recommend this website:

http://free.mailbigf...php?referer=www

If you zip all your files together (each named accordingly). Then use
this free service. I will be notified via email and can just download
the file.

My email for contributions: pure_daz@hotmail.com

If you zip all the photographs including the unknown with the others.
I will try to help identify the figures you are unsure about!

#59 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:21 AM

trumanshower, I was using some of your photos for my website is this still ok.. thanks

Mark
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#60 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

trumanshower, I was using some of your photos for my website is this still ok.. thanks

Mark

Of course it's ok Mark, i'm really proud of sharing my photos with everybody !

Darryl i'm uploading the photos zipped on this website you give us, LMK if you receive the photos. (will be sent in about 1 hour)

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#61 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Finally found this thread.
Too tiered to post pics now.....later.

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#62 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

Darryl.
Hope ya can use some of these pics on yer site.
Posting them here instead of on -CTL- for now.
Originally thought I had 10 needed,turned out to be 11
so far,still probably have other Mexicans around somewhere.

My Mexican collection.sml.=
Posted Image

----
The next 2 photos are the same figs but different lighting.

11MexicanMIMPa=lighting-a
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff420/TOPHER-00/TOPHER-ALBUM-00/11MexicanMIMPa.jpg

11MexicanMIMPb=lighting-b
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff420/TOPHER-00/TOPHER-ALBUM-00/11MexicanMIMPb.jpg

Edited by TOPHER, 26 July 2011 - 11:13 PM.

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#63 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

I almost won a pine green Hydra when I just started going after MIMP premiums and barely missed it. I've seen it once or twice since. It was in mentioning that auction that asator told me he had one, and with my very long-term help, he owns every pine green figure. :banana: I wish I'd thought to ask which figures made up his pine green collection, seeing as he's not likely to return.

Great Beast, Hydra, Behemoth, Griffin, T-Rex, Tengu, Hobgoblin, Windigo, Spring Heeled Jack, Invisible Man, Skeleton, Hunchback. :)

As for the pink Winged Panther, you may be thinking of someone else. I've seen one before somewhere, maybe an ebay auction(?) but never owned one. My excel sheet says that I do own a pink Witch... but sadly my MIMPs are packed up right now so I can't confirm that.

Nevermind. Half way through typing that last sentence my curiousity got the better of me and I dug them out. Here's a list of all the premiums that I have.

Dark Green:
Great Beast, Hydra, Behemoth, Griffin, T-Rex, Tengu, Hobgoblin, Windigo, Spring Heeled Jack, Invisible Man, Skeleton and Hunchback, plus a sealed Great Beast.

Cyan:
Behemoth, Griffin, Tengu, Jotun Troll, Mad Scientist, Winged, Panther and Mummy.

Neon Orange:
Hydra (x2), T-Rex, Cockatrice, Triton, Kraken, Hobgoblin, Windigo and Ghoul (x2).

Neon Pink:
Werewolf, Cockatrice, Triton (x2), Kraken, The Beast (x2), and Witch.

Blemmyae in Green, Orange and Pink.

So I guess I did have a pink Witch.

Here's another list I have. It's a list of all the premiums that I don't have but believe exist based on photos I've seen or based on other collectors confirming that they exist.

Cyan:
Great Beast, Cyclops, Charon.

Neon Orange:
Werewolf, The Phantom

Neon Pink:
T-Rex, Cyclops, Mad Scientist, Winged Panther, Charon

Series 2 Neon Green Ghost and Cerberus, Series 2 Neon Pink Ghost and Cerberus, GITD Ghost and Cerberus as well as the other actual Series 2 GITD figures.

Wow, what a tangled mess of information that... is... kind of off topic.

Edited by asator, 28 July 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#64 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Neon Pink:
T-Rex, Cyclops, Mad Scientist, Winged Panther, Charon

Wow! Neon Pink Rex, Mad Scientist, Winged Panther, Charon!!!

I'd like to see photos of those!

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#65 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

I can safely say that a matchbox premium neon pink T Rex doesn't exist. As for the others, it's possible i suppose but unlikely.
The low point premiums are believed to be from a UK promotion & have no 'colour twin' unlike all the other premium figs that seem to have been made in pairs such as Orange & Pine T Rex.

#66 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

I can safely say that a matchbox premium neon pink T Rex doesn't exist. As for the others, it's possible i suppose but unlikely.
The low point premiums are believed to be from a UK promotion & have no 'colour twin' unlike all the other premium figs that seem to have been made in pairs such as Orange & Pine T Rex.

Thanks for the clarification 1313.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#67 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

My guess is they are mistaken mexican ones, I did see some photos on here where the colours were all lined up and there were a few pink ones thrown in that were mexicans because they were smaller
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#68 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Yeah dude, you're probably right, that's what i thought it could be. Confusion with Sonrics figures if photo lighting was off.

#69 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

My guess is they are mistaken mexican ones, I did see some photos on here where the colours were all lined up and there were a few pink ones thrown in that were mexicans because they were smaller

Agree with you Howard!

#70 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Woo, nice to have two people agree with me:) cheers guys:)
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#71 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

Update: Series 4 (using photographs provided by dielaughing)

I have just put together an image to show how the Series 4
section 'might' look. The classification follows all the
colours with paint initially then on the right I have grouped
colours with partial and no paint (under headings -1, -2)
The white outline is to show 1024 x 768 pixels.

Thoughts?

PS - Just had a quick thought... it could be that instead of
-1, -2 the section displays 1, 0 for number of paint applications.

Attached Files

Edited by DarrylWestley, 25 August 2011 - 02:37 AM.

#72 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

Lots of blank space could be a problem if you group them rigidly in colour-specific columns.

Agree with positive numbers to indicate number of paint apps (0, 1 or 2) rather than negative.

Think that they should be grouped together by base colour rather than number of paint apps (so all purple, pink, yellow etc next to each other).
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#73 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

Unfortunately blank space is always going to be an issue here.

I have just mocked up another version which I think takes into account
what you are saying... I prefer the colours grouped together.

Attached Files

#74 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

It looks better like that I think. Super.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#75 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Series 4 LIVE
http://www.monsterco...4-matchbox.html

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com