• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#101 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Well, Rhino you have definitely come to the right place!

This website was literally created as a means to trade both info and figures of the specific lines that you mention: Battle Beasts, MUSCLE, and MIMP. 

As far as trading Mutant Mania, there are several of us here that do so.  Just create a thread in "Need Toys" listing the ones you are looking for, also go ahead and post the ones that you have to trade (if you feel like it).

I could probably help you with a few.  Unfortunately, from what I can tell, no one here has completed a base set (a set minus the Astro Mutants and/or exclusives) -- we are all missing the same 6-12 figures.

My observation is that the line has been killed off in the US.  Though who knows. With the figures that seem to have not appeared in the US waves now hitting Canada, hopefully we can at least get a few sets complete through trades or ebay.  Also, I think there is a slight possibility that MM could turn up at a US discount store (if it is indeed over and done at TRU).   I have found Trash Pack at both Ross and Tuesday Morning in the past.

Above all, WELCOME!

Edited by steverotters, 07 March 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#102 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Wow! Gratz on the limited editions. I am jealous.

It's such a bummer that moose has such a bogus release practice. No chance at ever finishing a collection without hitting ebay.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#103 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

I just stopped in at a Ross the other day to see if they might have them. As of yet, no. But now I will definitely keep checking. 

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#104 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

What are the figures noone has? I have most of the set. Ill have to stop by my local tru tomorrw and see if they still have them

#105 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Personally, I am still missing the following:

http://www.littlerub...opic=225864&hl=

I've noticed that about 8 of the ones I am missing have showed up in the Canada single-pack stock, ala UltraSquid.  Someone in Canada could really help me out for cheap.  I have tons to trade.

Edited by steverotters, 23 May 2015 - 08:49 PM.

#106 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

That whole vendor is supposed to pick up the display thing is true - but mostly true for larger companies that have domestic presence.  Moose is Australian.  I was able to talk my way into walking out with two MM displays for free and the conversations with managers lasted all of 30 seconds each.  Both confirmed that more often than not on obscure lines that tend to go on and off of clearance, the displays get thrown away.  I bet this happens with a lot of the TRU lines as well.

If you try to engage the managers for displays, pick the display up and walk it to customer service.  Be super nice, it helps to be purchasing other items (so they see you are a paying customer) and mention that the store stock is almost out (if it is) or that the items seem to be being clearanced out (if they are).  After the first manager offered up that the display was likely being thrown away, I brought that up at the second TRU and the manager was immediately agreeing.  I'd say 80% people skills and 20% right timing will score you the displays.  I checked a 3rd TRU and their display was still bolted to a decently stocked island (the other two I came across had been removed from their original store position and were just siting near product - no longer bolted down) so I didn't even ask.  But as soon as they shift that sucker to a clearance aisle or unbolt it, I'll be asking a manager for it.

#107 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Me and my 7 and 9 years old son's got brave last weekend and took all the "glued together" figures from one of the displays and brought them back to their mix and match state.  We put a couple layers of thick foil in the oven and baked the figures (face down) on 250 for about 10 minutes.  This warmed up the glue enough that the figures and their spines were able to be gently pulled apart.  We put all lose pieces (face down) plus the spines back in for another 5 minutes to "melt down" and rough glue residue so the figs look nice and smooth.  I personally liked the solid nature of the display figs but the kids were adamant that "their set" be mix and match sense "dad's set" is staying minty in the display box.

Can we get some clear pics of that Astro Mutant please?

Edited by Uriah, 10 March 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#108 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Me and my 7 and 9 years old son's got brave last weekend and took all the "glued together" figures from one of the displays and brought them back to their mix and match state. 

Can we get some clear pics of that Astro Mutant please?

Wow! I would have traded you every figure in the display for the display itself!

I too would like to see a better picture of the Astro Mutant.

#109 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Congrats to that!  Are you finding these at TRU?  What city?  Aside from a few of the playsets, Monster Mania is completely gone at two TRUs in my city.  All 8-packs, 4-packs, single packs, and store displays are GONE.

Yeah, found it at ToysRUs in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. They still have quite a few of the 4-pack and 8-pack sets waiting to be sold. I think they have about 1 and a half boxes of singles last time I checked.

The big question is, are you going to keep it or sell it? 

I believe you do have the very first verified Astro Mutant pull.

At least that anyone has shared online or tried to sell. I have been following eBay since the debut of Mutant Mania.  

If you are of the selling mind, it is probably to your advantage to get it on eBay right away, before others start showing up. 

Congrats again!  That is quite a pull!

Thanks! I'm not sure if I am going to keep it or sell it. I actually probably wouldn't mind selling it if the price was right. Problem is though is that I have no idea how much it is worth.

I attached a better pic of the Astro Mutant. One thing I noticed is that the paint that they used on him is a shiny metallic paint which differs a bit from the rest of the painted guys. I would suspect all of the Astro Mutant guys have the same metallic paint on them.

Attached Files

Edited by UltraSquid, 10 March 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#110 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

Here's the result of this weekend's haul. Managed to get two guys I didn't have.

Attached Files

#111 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

Based on Trash Pack Limited Edition trends, I think that if you list it on ebay for an organic auction you will get $150-200. 

On the other hand, I think that if you list a BIN with some kind of Best Offer window, you can probably find a buyer at $300.  Of course this route might mean being patient and listing it for a couple/few weeks. 

This all could be dependent on whether or not more turn up. As I have said before, I believe yours is the first Astro Mutant pull ever, anywhere, so if you get it on ebay now, you could probably fish out a completist with deep pockets. 

Just my thoughts -- I tracked Trash Pack ebay trends pretty hardcore within the first 4 series. When the first series Trash Pack Limited Editions were finally found, they went for $400+.  Not kidding.

Put it on ebay and see what happens. 

Also, the day that you shared news of your pull, I created a separate thread encouraging Canadians on the forums to go pack searching.

The thread is here:

http://www.littlerub...opic=223377&hl=

Drop in on that thread too if you like.

Welcome to the LRG forums and, again, congrats on your rare find.

Edited by steverotters, 10 March 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#112 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Wow! I would have traded you every figure in the display for the display itself!

I too would like to see a better picture of the Astro Mutant.

Ha! If I score that 3rd display I've got my eye on, we might be able to work something out.

#113 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for that pic Ultra Squid.

Edited by Uriah, 10 March 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#114 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

So i went to my local tru today and tried to get the display but they wouldnt budge so im going to try to call and talk politely to the morning staff and see if my luck changes at all but so far no luck. There are other tru stores but nothing close by so i might have to do some searching but im determined lol

#115 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

I have t wrecker in the painted version

#116 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

Did anyone on here win that Battle Belt for $34 on ebay? 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e9acb9dd2

I would be interested in seeing photos of belt out of the box, the two new figs, etc. 

A few weeks ago I wrote Moose and asked about the Battle Belt and if there would be a Series 2.

Just today a customer service rep from Moose finally got back to me and stated "There are no plans for a Series 2."

He also stated that he did not know anything about the Battle Belt, saying "Do you mean the Rampage Arena?"

Anyway, who won it?

Edited by steverotters, 11 March 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#117 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

Hopefully the belts will start showing up at TJ Maxx, Marshals, Ross, etc.

Moose Toys SURE likes to kill toy lines. :(

#118 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully the belts will start showing up at TJ Maxx, Marshals, Ross, etc.

Man, that would be cool.  I used to check discount retailers all the time.  TJ Maxx and Marshalls are the same company -- and I have never seen Moose products at either.  I have found Trash Pack at Ross, DDs Discount, and Tuesday Morning.  They both got Series 4 and UFT Series 2 -- so this was a long time ago.  Additionally, Tuesday Morning got the TP board games, plus the Moose products Mighty Beanz and Party Animals. That's it.  Crossing fingers for Mutant Mania. 

Are you still only missing 3 figures?

Edited by steverotters, 12 March 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#119 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

Are you still only missing 3 figures?

I have some pending trades that should finish my collection, sans the belt and Astro Mutants of course.

We should all start bombarding Moose and Toy R Us with emails asking for a series 2. I've already begun to.

#120 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

I am missing like 20 still --- maybe you can help?  They are listed on this thread a few posts up....

#121 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Juggy am I trading you a Shocktopus by chance? Hard to put names to user names from Facebook to LRG.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 12 March 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#122 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

Juggy am I trading you a Shocktopus by chance? Hard to put names to user names from Facebook to LRG.

Yup that's me!

I am missing like 20 still --- maybe you can help?  They are listed on this thread a few posts up....

I do have a few of those. I'll pm you.

#123 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Yup that's me!

Cool! Thought so.

I am also looking to trade for the last few I need if anyone is trading. They may be some of the tougher ones though.

#124 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

Someone has the belt on ebay again using the same pictures

#125 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

I messaged the person with the belt on eBay and they changed the pic after I asked if they had the reverse colored figures. I would have bought the first one had I known they had both!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com