• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

can anyone remember a small ripcord motor cycle line that came out in the early 90's, maybe late, late 80's? crappy info to go on here, sorry in advance. they had small riders on them that were articulated and would only really hold onto the handle bars. the bike's themselves weren't overly detailed but did look pretty good. i would say 2.5"-3" long. the rear tire was solid metal. i think they had a three-wheeler and four-wheeler in the same line. if i had to describe the motorcycle one i would say that it looked kind of like what you'd imagine an excite bike toy would look like.

i had the most fun with this toy by revving it up and letting it fly across the kitchen linoleum to where the carpet started. once it hit that brass transition that little guy would jump and the rider would hold on like he's trying to stay on a bucking bull. good times. my brother the moron even liked it and he never liked toys. the cretin.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#2 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

I rember these, although I have no idea who manufactured them etc.

#3 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:17 AM

I had something similar to this.

It was a rip cord bike and had a green track with raised edges to keep the bike in line. It had a loop, a ramp jump off the end and 3 peices of plastic rock to jump over.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#4 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

I def had these too. My brother and I used to get them from the local Drug Store. The ones we had were a no-name brand.
Here is a pic I found online ... These aren't the ones you are thinking of, but they are similar.

Similar to these
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

there's been quite a few ripcord motorcycles over the years. but i still haven't been able to find the particular ones i am thinking of. i think i actually got mine from either a toy store or a grocery store. i just remember getting it with my cousin. so it could have been at either since we'd always hit both when we'd hang out.

#6 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

where they made by tomy?
[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#7 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Along with Stomper 4x4's the rip cord motorcycles were some of my absolute FAVORITE toys to play with as a kid. It ddint hurt that the little rider was articulated at the hips and shoulders . It was for that reason that i bought those instead of the type where the solid, non articulated figure was often times molded onto the bike.

As far as a specific brand...man...so many of these were made over the years that it might be extremely difficult to nail down the brand. I owned several grocery store generic name brand types (both motorcycles , trikes and quads) when i was a kid.

Your best bet in my opinion would be to check the .99 cents store type places or the small mom and pop asian stores. Basically anywhere they might sell a bag of green army men you might find these. Also K-Marts and Walmarts store brand toy aisle.

Good Luck :unsure:
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#8 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

There were SSP & TTP but I don't think they made it past the 70's
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

the ones i was thinking of even had articulation at the knee. really made the riders look toast when they'd wipe out. nothing like having your own foot shoved back into your face because your knee is bent the wrong way.

#10 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

is it this oneVisit My Website
[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

that does look like it! awesome. thanks nickdeth. wow, those prices are a little higher than i'd like, but now i've got a name and a toy company. i should be able to find one. the only flaw i remember these having was that super thin rip cord broke at the base of the ring.

#12 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

DAMN those bring back memories of plastic runners in the living room lol. Dakingery there are a few others on the 'Bay as well that are modern looking but the same with regard to function. They dont look as good as the old school bikes IMO but i thought id link anyway..
Alternative Style
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#13 toys19

toys19

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

I had one from the late 70's early 80's, it was like hard rubber? Anyone got any pics like that or got any for sale?

Edited by toys19, 26 November 2010 - 06:27 AM.

#14 joesax2

joesax2

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have searching for these for YEARS! That is why i just did a search again and encountered this forum. The one I had was unstoppable! You pulled the ripcord and it would spin the wheel for like a minute while the motorcycle bounced jumped and went crazy over everything. Every time I see a ripcord motorcycle in the stores I buy it and it is always way dissapointing. It was one of my favorite toys I can remember. I think it is probably the same one you describe. Has anyone found it. Please email to joesax2@yahoo.com. I bought mine in a neighborhood corner store in Jersey City, NJ (back when kids were allowed to walk the neighoborhood by themselves and it was no big deal)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com