Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:07 AM

Been thinking of getting a custom set made of all the BBs/LBs. It's going to be bloody expensive though :( Or do I just keep chipping away at completing my official stuff? I figure it's going to still cost me 9-10K to complete the base weapons I need, LBs/weapons, and sleds, misc. Thoughts from the community?

Just a dude that loves collecting

#2 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

I personaly wouldnt go for "custom set" for a bunch of reasons:
1.the quality aint there (unless you can get TGB)but lots of his molds are dead.

2. BB are just as cheap as customs if you buy lots.I just got a massive lot of japanese bb for Aprox 7.50 each CAD with rub and weapon, last month.

3.Customs dont go up in value.most never got into this hobby for money,but my collection has doubled in value to what i paid for it this past decade.It is nice knowing that your toys are increasing.

If you can afford it ,i would go original.Just dont give up , there are still deals to be found! I dont want to give away my websites i use.But there are many Swedish,Finish and French websites for vintage stuff ;) etc. . Scoure the internet and just watch out for scalpers!

Good luck on the hunt.

#3 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

I personaly wouldnt go for "custom set" for a bunch of reasons:
1.the quality aint there (unless you can get TGB)but lots of his molds are dead.

2. BB are just as cheap as customs if you buy lots.I just got a massive lot of japanese bb for Aprox 7.50 each CAD with rub and weapon, last month.

3.Customs dont go up in value.most never got into this hobby for money,but my collection has doubled in value to what i paid for it this past decade.It is nice knowing that your toys are increasing.

If you can afford it ,i would go original.Just dont give up , there are still deals to be found! I dont want to give away my websites i use.But there are many Swedish,Finish and French websites for vintage stuff ;) etc. . Scoure the internet and just watch out for scalpers!

Good luck on the hunt.

appreciate the input for sure. I have found I need to do a lot of deep diving for sure to find stuff. But, I'm determined to finish the base set, weapons are a secondary concern. Bases and extras like the sleds get third priority. Just a slow go now ><

Just a dude that loves collecting

#4 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:49 PM

Patience pays!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com