#1 Destrongerlupus

Destrongerlupus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:33 AM

Hi all!  

My Buddy (GigaLeo, Tigerburn...not sure which he uses on these forums) thought you might enjoy this Battle-Beast homaging project.

I'm working on a full line of vintage-style 5.5" scaled action figures, one of the things I'm doing different than other similar projects is that I have a variety of body styles, one of which is my "Sidekick" body type, which was directly inspired by the proportions and play-pattern of Battle Beasts, and one of my first 2 "sidekick-bodytype" characters is an homage to Aligatoton (aka Gruesome Gator).  He's not painted yet, and I had to tweak the sculpt on his feet just a little to get him to balance properly, but otherwise I'm quite pleased with him.

He's about 4" tall, so more in scale with Beast Saga (and significantly bigger than them even, but not ridiculously so).

I'll keep you all posted with updates when I get him painted up and when I have more relevant designs to show off

Attached File  Sobec1.png   1.34MB   7 downloads

Attached File  Sobec2.png   1.28MB   6 downloads

Attached File  Sobec3.png   1.25MB   5 downloads

Edited by Destrongerlupus, 10 June 2019 - 06:34 AM.

#2 ZebraLegion

ZebraLegion

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

That's awesome! I love that his weapon is the same as the Battle Beast version.

I'm not a huge transformers fan, but any homage to Battle Beasts is appreciated!

And Welcome!  Thank you for sharing this.

Searching for any middle 12 or higher 12 lasers- happy with just the figures don't need weapons/shields/sled Killer HoundFighthorn

Searching for Greek Fox set: Purple

Searching for any Zebra's in any condition 

#3 Destrongerlupus

Destrongerlupus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:31 AM

That's awesome! I love that his weapon is the same as the Battle Beast version.

I'm not a huge transformers fan, but any homage to Battle Beasts is appreciated!

And Welcome!  Thank you for sharing this.

Thanks!  The weapon isn't an exact copy, but I was able to recreate it's profile pretty accurately.

I love Battle Beasts and it's sister lines a lot, so I've got a lot of direct and indirect homages planned (and one more already designed).

I'll definitely keep this board in the loop!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battlebeast, gruesome, gator, alligatoron, articulation, saled up, big

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com