• Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

This afternoon, in an attempt to help Jud add a little more info to his awesome FB page, I decided to open my NP Behemoth 12-pack. When I say open, maybe I should say re-open, because when I first purchased the box it was fully sealed, but I decided to ask my wife to open it and check the contents. Something I didn't want to do myself at the time.

Anyways, after opening the pack, it's left me with a couple of questions.

First of all, I was presuming that upon opening it today I would find figures that matched the 1999 Raumhafen pack content breakdown found here: http://www.raumhafen...s/mimp/mimp.txt
Obviously the above breakdown is for the standard, non-neon colours, but I again presumed the sculpts may match up, yet be the neon equivalents - for example purple Behemoth would be NP Behemoth and olive green Ogre would be NG Ogre. After checking the details, in turns out that 10 out of the 12 figures match, both in terms of sculpt and standard/neon colour. In the place of what I thought would be a NP Chimera I have NP Catoblepas; in the place of what I thought would be NR Invisible Man I have NY Cyclops. I'm hoping that other collectors could check their 12-pack contents to see if they have the same figures as I do. In fact, I think it would be worthwhile trying to pull together a neon 12-pack figure breakdown, especially as we seem to have had an influx of new MIMP collectors join the forums who may have some 12-packs lying around.

The second question that opening my 12-pack again posed is - were my two NY figures deliberately left loose in the box and not sealed in baggies like the other colours, or was that an error when packing? Also, and I'm heavily speculating here, but were the figures also deliberately left completely separate because they knew there was a strong chance of the NY figures becoming stained by the other neons? When my wife first opened the box she said that the NY figures were actually stuffed behind the 25 point monster holder - basically in their own little slot away from the 3 baggies holding the other neons. Has anybody else who has this or any other 12-pack found that their NY figures were loose and not sealed in baggies?

Hopefully we can pull together some information here and help me answer these questions. Here's a shot of the contents of my 12-pack, featuring NP Behemoth as the 25 point monster:

A9888B2C-F14A-4A44-B6C2-2136DA4DCE23_zps

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

I remember the joys of opening these guys after a trip to the toy store. My dad and I would open them carefully and see which ones were in it and buy the ones I didn't have... 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

I remember the joys of opening these guys after a trip to the toy store. My dad and I would open them carefully and see which ones were in it and buy the ones I didn't have...

Yep I remember having these packs as a kid too, in particular one with NP Great Beast as the 25 point monster. I believe the NP Great Beast in my collection now is the one from my childhood in fact :) When I look back at my collection thread pics, the neons in the very first pic are from my childhood, so it's quite easy for me to see which figures have been with me the longest.

Back on topic though, surely there's members here who have 12-packs they can share info on? It's times like this when you realise how different (in terms of size) the MIMP and MUSCLE communities really are :(

Edited by bigburty, 16 August 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#4 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I can't remember which figures were in the boxes I had as kid, but I do remember there being loose figure for one of the colours and the rest in bags.

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

I can't remember which figures were in the boxes I had as kid, but I do remember there being loose figure for one of the colours and the rest in bags.

I wonder if it was always the same color, or just random as to which did not have a bag?

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#6 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

This is very intriguing. Hopefully more people can confirm the loose figures too :)

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#7 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

This afternoon, in an attempt to help Jud add a little more info to his awesome FB page, I decided to open my NP Behemoth 12-pack. When I say open, maybe I should say re-open, because when I first purchased the box it was fully sealed, but I decided to ask my wife to open it and check the contents. Something I didn't want to do myself at the time.

Anyways, after opening the pack, it's left me with a couple of questions.

First of all, I was presuming that upon opening it today I would find figures that matched the 1999 Raumhafen pack content breakdown found here: http://www.raumhafen...s/mimp/mimp.txt
Obviously the above breakdown is for the standard, non-neon colours, but I again presumed the sculpts may match up, yet be the neon equivalents - for example purple Behemoth would be NP Behemoth and olive green Ogre would be NG Ogre. After checking the details, in turns out that 10 out of the 12 figures match, both in terms of sculpt and standard/neon colour. In the place of what I thought would be a NP Chimera I have NP Catoblepas; in the place of what I thought would be NR Invisible Man I have NY Cyclops. I'm hoping that other collectors could check their 12-pack contents to see if they have the same figures as I do. In fact, I think it would be worthwhile trying to pull together a neon 12-pack figure breakdown, especially as we seem to have had an influx of new MIMP collectors join the forums who may have some 12-packs lying around.

The second question that opening my 12-pack again posed is - were my two NY figures deliberately left loose in the box and not sealed in baggies like the other colours, or was that an error when packing? Also, and I'm heavily speculating here, but were the figures also deliberately left completely separate because they knew there was a strong chance of the NY figures becoming stained by the other neons? When my wife first opened the box she said that the NY figures were actually stuffed behind the 25 point monster holder - basically in their own little slot away from the 3 baggies holding the other neons. Has anybody else who has this or any other 12-pack found that their NY figures were loose and not sealed in baggies?

Hopefully we can pull together some information here and help me answer these questions. Here's a shot of the contents of my 12-pack, featuring NP Behemoth as the 25 point monster:

A9888B2C-F14A-4A44-B6C2-2136DA4DCE23_zps

Btw is that site updated? We could always update what he already has for all of us. Since... he won't be doing it any time soon lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#8 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Raumhafen is rarely if ever updated. They still don't have a full list of the Neon Series 1 figures last I checked and some of the links don't work. 

#9 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Raumhafen is rarely if ever updated. They still don't have a full list of the Neon Series 1 figures last I checked and some of the links don't work. 

Thats a shame :( I really wish another site would just steal the info and update it. That way we can finally guess at the correct colors of those cromys lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#10 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

The guy behind that site must be at least still paying attention to MIMP even if he's not updating much. On his page for the Secret Star Monster there is a line that says "Anyway, now in 2013 I still have not heard of someone owning a star figure."

Before seeing that, I had been assuming the last time it was updated was around 2000, ha. I remember looking at that site when I was in high school like 15 years ago.

Not sure if he checks this board or not, though.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#11 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

The guy behind that site must be at least still paying attention to MIMP even if he's not updating much. On his page for the Secret Star Monster there is a line that says "Anyway, now in 2013 I still have not heard of someone owning a star figure."

Before seeing that, I had been assuming the last time it was updated was around 2000, ha. I remember looking at that site when I was in high school like 15 years ago.

Not sure if he checks this board or not, though.

Maybe he updates some parts but not others? 

Thats a shame :( I really wish another site would just steal the info and update it. That way we can finally guess at the correct colors of those cromys lol

I am trying to assemble it all together, but I know it won't be done anytime soon. I am limited to Facebook because I have no computer expertise to speak of. Eventually I want to make my own web site, but that probably won't happen for the foreseeable future. It remains my pipe dream. 

I will add all the info from this thread to the page. Just have to decide where to put it. 

#12 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

I am trying to assemble it all together, but I know it won't be done anytime soon. I am limited to Facebook because I have no computer expertise to speak of. Eventually I want to make my own web site, but that probably won't happen for the foreseeable future. It remains my pipe dream. 

I will add all the info from this thread to the page. Just have to decide where to put it. 

Well the good news is that my selling site costs about $35 a month so it is bound to be cheaper but who knows :)

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#13 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Maybe. I remember there were supposed to be other sections added to that site that said "coming soon" for literally years. I think the guy's name was Wolfgang. I remember being on the MIMP email list he was on, which I think was run by a guy named Scott who wrote some kind of a live action MIMP movie script he was trying to get produced. This was late-90s/early 2000s.

As for making a website, it's possible to do it through something like Blogger, which doesn't really require technical knowledge. That's how I made my Neclos site. They allow you to create pages, so you can set it up to function as a regular site instead of a blog.

#14 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Maybe. I remember there were supposed to be other sections added to that site that said "coming soon" for literally years. I think the guy's name was Wolfgang. I remember being on the MIMP email list he was on, which I think was run by a guy named Scott who wrote some kind of a live action MIMP movie script he was trying to get produced. This was late-90s/early 2000s.

As for making a website, it's possible to do it through something like Blogger, which doesn't really require technical knowledge. That's how I made my Neclos site. They allow you to create pages, so you can set it up to function as a regular site instead of a blog.

Wolfgang Schloegel (spelling?) was the head and Scott Andrew Hutchins was a main contributor. Scott was not a particularly nice guy, as I recall. I won a lot of series 6 dinosaurs that he was bidding on by sniping it and he sent me an email full of curses and insults. 

Thanks for the advice on Blogger. I will write that down and check it out. 

Edited by Behemoth, 16 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#15 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Wolfgang Schloegel (spelling?) was the head and Scott Andrew Hutchins was a main contributor. Scott was not a particularly nice guy, as I recall. I won a lot of series 6 dinosaurs from him by sniping it and he sent me an email full of curses and insults.

Ah, okay. Remembering all that I do about SAH, the fact that he did that does not surprise me in the least.

And no problem. If you ever decide to go that route and have any questions, just let me know.

#16 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Wolfgang Schloegel (spelling?) was the head and Scott Andrew Hutchins was a main contributor. Scott was not a particularly nice guy, as I recall. I won a lot of series 6 dinosaurs that he was bidding on by sniping it and he sent me an email full of curses and insults. 

Sounds like his fault for not bidding high enough. I never get bad if I don't have a high enough bid :) that is my own fault.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#17 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

Still on the hunt for neon 12-packs guys. I've literally come up empty since starting this thread. Seen plenty of standard 12-packs, but zero on the neon front.

I seem to remember a guy on eBay (UK I think) who listed and sold 6+ neon 12-packs several months ago. He'd opened them and pictured all the contents. If anybody still has links to these auctions then please let me know. I can't find them now as the completed listings have expired from the standard eBay search.

#18 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

Anybody here win this: http://pages.ebay.co...id=111481310033

If so, I'd love to know the breakdown of contents if you decide to open. I was put off bidding by the shipping charges.

#19 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

The 'project' continues! (slowly)

I haven't had much luck with these 12-packs, due to most eBay sellers being absolute scalpers on both price and shipping. Anyways, thanks to Jud I can add a second 12-pack breakdown to the list - this time NR Werewolf:

24208F77-7E9B-4CB0-B2BC-AB110722EA5E_zps

First of all, let's start with the fact that this packs further add to the presumption that some figures are placed in te box 'unbagged' - this time they are the NR figures, whereas in my Behemoth pack they were the NY figures. That goes some way in removing the theory that they knew the NY figures were susceptible to colour run/transfer, so kept them as far away from other figures in the boxes as possible.

Secondly, the trend continues in terms of the neon figure lineup compared to their standard colour equivalents. In this 12-pack, 10 out of the 12 figures match the standard colour counterparts (e.g. yellow Triton is represented by NY Triton), with the exception of red Goblin (replaced with NR Baba Yaga) and yellow Ogre (replaced with NG T-Rex) This 10/12 'score' matches the figure breakdown of the NP Behemoth pack in te first post.

I hope that I can get the chance to further explore more 12-pack breakdowns - let me know what you have on your collections :thumbsup:

#20 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

The 'project' continues! (slowly)

I haven't had much luck with these 12-packs, due to most eBay sellers being absolute scalpers on both price and shipping. Anyways, thanks to Jud I can add a second 12-pack breakdown to the list - this time NR Werewolf:

24208F77-7E9B-4CB0-B2BC-AB110722EA5E_zps

First of all, let's start with the fact that this packs further add to the presumption that some figures are placed in te box 'unbagged' - this time they are the NR figures, whereas in my Behemoth pack they were the NY figures. That goes some way in removing the theory that they knew the NY figures were susceptible to colour run/transfer, so kept them as far away from other figures in the boxes as possible.

Secondly, the trend continues in terms of the neon figure lineup compared to their standard colour equivalents. In this 12-pack, 10 out of the 12 figures match the standard colour counterparts (e.g. yellow Triton is represented by NY Triton), with the exception of red Goblin (replaced with NR Baba Yaga) and yellow Ogre (replaced with NG T-Rex) This 10/12 'score' matches the figure breakdown of the NP Behemoth pack in te first post.

I hope that I can get the chance to further explore more 12-pack breakdowns - let me know what you have on your collections :thumbsup:

*Cough* That is a picture of my 12 pack that I sent to Jud *Cough* Glad it was helpful.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 16 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#21 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

I bought a sealed neon 12 pack a few years ago, but haven't posted about it in this thread because the figures have long since been removed from the packaging so I couldn't remember what came inside. Well, today I discovered that I wrote down a list of which figures were in there and put it in the box! 

It's a foreign 12-pack. I think maybe German? Pics:

Attached File  12pack_front.JPG   105.04K   2 downloads     Attached File  12pack_back.JPG   147.5K   3 downloads

Here's what was included:

Figure shown in front window: NP Great Beast

NP Vampiress

NR Kraken

NR Gremlin

NY Haniver

NY Witch

NY Karnak

NY Ghoul 

NG Invisible Man

NG Harpy

NG T-Rex

NG Winged Panther 

Edited by fkro6784, 25 January 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#22 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for sharing Frank. When I get the chance I'll compare it to the standard colour list :thumbsup:

#23 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

That box is sweet. I want to grab one of those eventually, but the price with shipping has been too high for me recently. 

#24 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for sharing Frank. When I get the chance I'll compare it to the standard colour list :thumbsup:

No problem. Comparing it to the standard color set with purple Great Beast, again it looks like all figures match up except for two. Instead of NG Red Cap and NY Vampire to match up to the OG and Y versions, there was NG T-Rex and NY Karnak.

Now we've seen three sets that have 10/12 figures match up. Not sure if we can assume yet that all of the others do too, but I was just looking through the lists and trying to guess which 2 from each regular set weren't included in the neon sets. Like, with the NG Great Beast set I'm guessing no NG Gremlin and NR Ghoul.

That box is sweet. I want to grab one of those eventually, but the price with shipping has been too high for me recently. 

Yeah, if I remember correctly I was lucky and grabbed mine for a cheap BIN!

Edited by fkro6784, 25 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#25 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

No problem. Comparing it to the standard color set with purple Great Beast, again it looks like all figures match up except for two. Instead of NG Red Cap and NY Vampire to match up to the OG and Y versions, there was NG T-Rex and NY Karnak.

Now we've seen three sets that have 10/12 figures match up. Not sure if we can assume yet that all of the others do too, but I was just looking through the lists and trying to guess which 2 from each regular set weren't included in the neon sets. Like, with the NG Great Beast set I'm guessing no NG Gremlin and NR Ghoul.

Yep there certainly seems to be a pattern forming, but I think if we can see two more neon packs that prove it then it has to be a solid pattern. It would be even better of the next one we can open is a NG Great Beast pack to see if your prediction is correct.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MIMP, pack contents, 12-pack, neon, series 1

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com