#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

So, I have a couple of questions for you guys:

#1. What is your favorite common FOA figure? Obviously, the RAMMS and other exclusives are sexy picks, but out of the workhorse figures, which one catches your attention the most?

#2. I've kind of distilled a lot of my other collections down a bit, to focus on FOA more, and I was curious what approach some of you guys took towards collecting what is notably a cool, but dead line.

#2 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

Quad-eye Moto, and Klawz Battsky are two of my faves, man. Burp and bake, and Jawbreaker are up there too.

I don't really find the RAMMs "sexy". I used to have several, but sold/traded all of them, and just kept my regular figs, and mutants.

I'm not big on metallic figs, and, at the time, figured that there was no hope of me ever collecting all the figs from this line anyway, so I decided to just keep the regular figs, since those are the ones that I really like.

I think I may try to acquire some of the c-series figs now though, since it appears that they are becoming somewhat easier to acquire these days.

By "easier", I mean people aren't asking completely stupid money for them.

As far as my approach, I haven't really acquired any FOA stuff since the market went stupid. I used to scour ebay for mislisted stuff, and tried to trade with any LRG members who might have any that they were willing to trade.

#3 Ashura

Ashura

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Exogini 1a Serie, Exogini 3a Serie, Fistful of Aliens

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

1.1 - My favourite A&B lines bluspew: Sizzlehyde (considering the C line, Double Trouble)

1.2 - My favourite dredrock: Jaw Breaker

1.3 - My favourite A&B gangreen: Burp 'n Bake (considering the C line, Mucosis)

1.4 - My favourite A&B mutant: Doc Acidonian (considering the C line, Scizzorian)

1.5 - My favourite RAMM: Rammajamma

1.6 - My favourite figure at all: Rammajamma

#4 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

Heh......

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#5 Lorenzo49

Lorenzo49

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

My favourite non-mutant/RAMM character is definitely PSYCHO-LICIOUS

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

I like Quadeye Moto a lot... But my favorite Dredrock is Sumo Stompo, and always has been. I like Sizzlehyde a lot, but Messamolo is probably my favorite Bluespew. The Bluespews are probably the strongest group, design wise, though. Slimy Slurper is my favorite Gangreen. My favorite Mutant is Regenerator, but I have never seen one.

The FOA market did go pretty crazy, and it's not back to where it was, but it IS getting better.

#7 ewok13

ewok13

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Star Wars, Trash Bag Bunch, Bad Eggz Bunch, Fistful of Aliens , Pocket Ninja Warriors, Boglins, Z-bots, knock-offs and bootlegs.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Quad-Eye Moto is by far my favorit !

My approach to collecting FOA is some what my own. Since I only collect Fistful of Aliens, thats Fistful of Aliens that has come out of packs of EU Fistful of Aliens packs, and not from japanese packs (even though its the same), nor exogini. To make sure of this, I only buy Fistful of Aliens from my own contry (Denmark), and only childhood collections to make sure :) Not saying I don't want the unreleased aliens (serie c) or the repaints from exogini, cause they are most definitely also apart of the collection, just don't want any aliens thats all ready produced in EU, and sold in Denmark. To that I also go for a total of 1000 aliens, to make statistics about what figures was released the most of in Denmark (this was an idea I got after having over 400), and what power they were released with.. I know 1000 might not be alot for a whole contry but it gives an okay estimate. It's also a cool thing to keep the collecting more exciting, to see if when you buy a new lot of FOA, if there might be a power that you don't all ready have :D

Edited by ewok13, 23 September 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#8 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

@ewok13: Do you have pic of danish package ? Were them the same than the US ones ? And finally do you know which ones were released in Danemark ?

Edited by lord, 23 September 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#9 ewok13

ewok13

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Star Wars, Trash Bag Bunch, Bad Eggz Bunch, Fistful of Aliens , Pocket Ninja Warriors, Boglins, Z-bots, knock-offs and bootlegs.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

The ones released in Denmark, was the same as in the US.. So packs of "6 aliens and 1 mutant Or RAMM", and the pod packs, and canon packs. I have no idea if the 2 packs was released here to, never seen any of them.

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

Is the Danish packaging written in English?

#11 ewok13

ewok13

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

It is yes.. The only thing I think is different, is the manual for playing the game, which is in scandinavian languages.

#12 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

Suctoria is my favorite figure in the line, a big mutant fly with a proboscis is basically my automatic favorite character wherever it shows up.

Battsky also has a beautiful design.

#13 budingston

budingston

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

Hi there how do you think I would have to pay for a fistful of aliens sciroid battleship if a could fine one given their rarity

Edited by budingston, 01 November 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#14 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

One meallion dollars!

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

Those things pop up so rarely, that it's really hard to guess what their actual value would be. I can see it being a fairly high value, though. It also depends a lot on the condition/inclusion of the sciroids that came with the set.

#16 budingston

budingston

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Those things pop up so rarely, that it's really hard to guess what their actual value would be. I can see it being a fairly high value, though. It also depends a lot on the condition/inclusion of the sciroids that came with the set.

Thank you:)

#17 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

Hi there how do you think I would have to pay for a fistful of aliens sciroid battleship if a could fine one given their rarity

At least 500 Australian dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251701752001

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#18 Bronty

Bronty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

Ended at 900 Australian / 800 US. Not a bad result.

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

Way too rich for my blood. I can't believe those go for that much. I can only imagine what that is going to do to the rest of the market.

#20 Bronty

Bronty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

I keep saying I will post more stuff yet I don't.    Hopefully I can drag it out of storage soon.   In the meantime, I thought you guys might enjoy seeing what the original box art (yes this is the original hand made painting that was reproduced on the box) looks like.    It looks awesome in person and is quite large (20 by 30 inches - ie two and a half feet long and over a foot and a half tall) and is goign to look outstanding in a frame.    At some point hopefully I will post a pic of myself holding it so that you get a different view of it than this small view which doesn't really do it justice.   You can magnify the image slightly by clicking on it.    

Paintings like this were usually airbrushed acrylic (stuff like the exhaust) and gouache.    Both of those mediums are opaque so you can do layers of color on top of each other which is how you can do that exhaust effect - you paint the sky black and then airbrush some opaque/ semi-transparent paint overtop so that you see both the red and the black at the same time which you couldn't do with a traditional brush.   FWIW.

bship2_zpscad91d20.png

Edited by Bronty, 13 November 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

Very cool! 

#22 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Very nice art. Thanks for sharing.

#23 Bronty

Bronty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

Thanks.   I wish I could remember the exact number, but I was told that YES! paid an amount in the low five figures to have this done.    

#24 kappy316

kappy316

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Anyone still play fistful of aliens? I'm trying to locate some ppl to get together and play for fun or for keeps.

Edited by kappy316, 18 November 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#25 kappy316

kappy316

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

Also I was wondering if anyone knew what the promotional jangutz khan shirt would be worth. I have the one I got with the figure pretty much collecting dust. Idk if it would be worth listing on eBay or if I should trade it.

Edited by kappy316, 18 November 2014 - 07:49 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com