• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 OnionKamen

OnionKamen

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Comics, video games, toy collecting, drawing, anime, manga, cartoons, sci-fi, etc.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:51 AM

So the first five numbers don't really matter it seems, right? I did notice the two packs do have a similar number code that uses the last two after the "B" as well. Though I'm not 100% sure they really are predetermined or not, but you can somewhat peek from below to what's hidden before buying. I'm also unsure of the card boosters since they don't have a number after the "B"

Anyways, here are the ones I pulled recently
13870B31 - yellow/blue spider
13870B41 - white/red scorpion

#27 OnionKamen

OnionKamen

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Comics, video games, toy collecting, drawing, anime, manga, cartoons, sci-fi, etc.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

Trying to find more info on these guys, and it seems the Beast Builder packs are sort of a mix of random and predetermined as far as the shown jinlin and the card goes. Judging from the pics here and a vid on youtube by Zizzac, the water rhino should have came with a white scorpion. Strangely enough the scorpion I got in my set was dual color white and red instead. I did take a pic to show off the card and jinlins for those who want to see.

Attached Files

#28 Dpsexpress

Dpsexpress

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore collector/ main focus Star Wars but I pretty much love all 80s toys

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:40 AM

Here's a code list from the single blind bags

Attached Files

Follow me on Instagram @Dpsexpress

#29 OnionKamen

OnionKamen

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Huge Thanks and many mahalos for the cheat list Dsexpress, this will help not only me, but everyone trying to get the complete set with as few duplicate jinlins as possible ^_^ Now we'll all know what numbers to avoid if we already got certain ones from card boosters and the ones in the claw and two packs.

#30 OnionKamen

OnionKamen

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Just realized afew of my jinlins aren't shown in the blind bag singles code list, so I'm guessing certain combos and colours might only be from two packs... or atleast until the second wave comes out since they do show off the turtle and tiger in the tournament rulebook too.
Anyways here are the codes to help get these guys too and which "shown jinlin" they come with. They follow the same cheat as the blind bags where the numbers after the "B" is what counts, so I'll just be using the last two numbers. The first jinlin is the one shown, the second is the hidden.

16 - blue rhino, white/red scorpion
02 - red squid, green/yellow ape
03 - green spider, red rhino
10 - white snake, yellow/blue squid
13 - blue ape, white snake
08 - red dragon, blue/yellow ape
07 - yellow scorpion, red snake
17 - green squid, blue dragon
12 - white spider, yellow/blue rhino

Attached Files

#31 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

These things have finally hit Canadian stores!

I might have to take the kids up to TRU soon!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#32 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

I made a special trip out today and grabbed a couple packs to see what these guys are about!

Forewarning to my fellow Canadians: This Battle Claw stuff isn't cheap up here, at $5 per 2-pack. I didn't see any blind bags, and TRU.ca doesn't have any listed either, so that might not be an option here.

I've got the yellow gorilla, yellow/green gorilla, red dragon and red squid. These guys are pretty fun little figures!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#33 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

They are basically the Generator Rex companion figures, without the bullshit of having to buy an action figure you don't want.

Prrmission to borrow this quote for my tag-line? (having purchased many action figures just to pull the mini/accessory fig)
Have not seen these in TRU Canada yet, perhaps Walmart...want that Scorpion

#34 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Prrmission to borrow this quote for my tag-line? (having purchased many action figures just to pull the mini/accessory fig)

Go for it.
Few things in collecting are as frustrating as having to buy shit that you don't want just to get the thing you do want.

#35 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Check the website.

I'm in southern Ontario, GTA, and they are at my TRU.

Granted, they're hidden in the back corner. I had to ask an employee where they were.
<p> </p>
<p>

#36 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Check the website.
I'm in southern Ontario, GTA, and they are at my TRU.
Granted, they're hidden in the back corner. I had to ask an employee where they were.

Thanks Draznar, hadn't thought of that, will do! (Kelowna BC, the TRU here say they are not a primary store and receive fewer lines, but I can order in items)

#37 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Draznar, hadn't thought of that, will do! (Kelowna BC, the TRU here say they are not a primary store and receive fewer lines, but I can order in items)

If you're interested, now's the time! Not sure if it's company-wide or just my store, but Battle Claw is 30% off at TRU.

<p> </p>
<p>

#38 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

If you're interested, now's the time! Not sure if it's company-wide or just my store, but Battle Claw is 30% off at TRU.

Will hit them tomorrow! Thanks for the tip Draznar!

#39 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Here at my store around Philly it is 20% off, so it looks like some sort of sale all around

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#40 OnionKamen

OnionKamen

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Sale on battle claw? might have to check my local Toys r us (since it's theirs exclusively) on my next day off. Though trying to hold off on blind bags till I have all the claws since it'll give me less duplicates since certa in ones are packed with the claws. Cards can't be helped though since there no real tell for what jinlin you'll get with them.

#41 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

As unfortunate as it is that Battle Claw as a line failed to catch interest, plus Toys'R'Us dying on top of that, now is an excellent time to stock up on Jinlin if one so chooses. The line is on clearance at TRU and the liquidation percentage off stacks with that clearance price.

If he ever chooses to pay the topic a visit, mimoman has a ton of the figures now and should probably start trying to trade for whatever he's missing. Is there a comprehensive list of produced colors anywhere?

#42 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

I didn't know these existed until a couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to find a line of minis to get into. I've been foolishly buying them like mad, getting tons of dupes in the process.

I have some more booster packs I'm getting in the mail. I'm convinced there's a way to play the battle claw game using dice rolls instead of the stupid claws. I just have to figure out good probability so that for example, if you want to try to get two beasts from the pool instead of one, the odds you won't get anything goes up.

All my uniques are below, coming from a combination of the booster packs and blind bags, and some of the two packs. Looks like there are a bunch I still need.

Battle Claw is doomed to go away forever and be forgotten! Like most of my favorite minis (Jagun Fighters, Ben 10 Sumo Slammers). But we have tons and tons of squishy minis on the shelves. I wish they were hard plastic!!

aLrhO2G.jpg

S0f5xeO.jpg

Edited by mimoman, 01 April 2018 - 06:55 PM.

#43 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:06 AM

Not too far off from a complete blind-bag set!

Did anyone here ever fully document the two-packs? I’m assuming by those numbers there’s a system and buying multiples may be required to get the unique figures.

#44 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

The collection grows! No idea how close I am to completion.

ToysRUs employees do not like ringing oodles of these things up, let me tell you...

sNZvzL2.jpg

#45 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:12 AM

Not too far off from a complete blind-bag set!

Did anyone here ever fully document the two-packs? I’m assuming by those numbers there’s a system and buying multiples may be required to get the unique figures.

I accidentally bought two 2-packs that I already had the showing figure for. In both cases, the figures I received in the "blind" portion were exactly the same as the previous time. Not sure if they're not really blind-packed, or I just have shitty luck.

<p> </p>
<p>

#46 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:48 AM

You had shitty luck. A while after I posted that, mimoman bought every unique two-pack he could find (just like the bags, two-packs are stamped with codes) and I documented the contents. There are at least two pairs for every showing figure and the pack contains a second of either a solid color or a two-color version that uses the same color, and the same card is included. I will add more details and the list of the ones we found later, but there are at least 20 distinct two-packs, we don’t have enough info to confirm the total.

EDIT: Here are all of the known Beast Builder two-packs! Due to the patterns and information available, there should be a minimum of 20 unique packs. It's possible that even more exist, but without having ever seen a case assortment or further information there's no way to be certain, and as far as I'm aware no one has compiled more detailed information.

As with the single blind bags, the two-packs have an embossed code ending in Bxx, where xx is a unique two-digit number. Based on all identified sets, every odd pack is made up of two single-color figures, while each even pack's hidden figure is a dual-color figure where one of the colors is shared by the odd version's hidden figure.

Two-packs are listed with the visible figure first. Sets marked with * are ones we didn't open personally but were identified earlier in this thread or via YouTube.

01 - Red Squid, Green Ape
02 - Red Squid, Yellow-Green Ape
03 - Green Spider, Red Rhino
04 - Green Spider, Blue-Red Rhino
05 - Red Dragon, Yellow Ape
06 - Red Dragon, Blue-Yellow Ape *
07 - Yellow Scorpion, Red Snake
08 - Yellow Scorpion, White-Red Snake *
09 - White Snake, Yellow Spider
10 - White Snake, Blue-Yellow Spider
11 - White Spider, Yellow Rhino
12 - White Spider, Blue-Yellow Rhino
13 - Blue Ape, White Snake
14 - Blue Ape, Green-White Snake
15 - Blue Rhino, White Scorpion
16 - Blue Rhino, Red-White Scorpion *
17 - Green Squid, Blue Dragon
18 - Green Squid, Red-Blue Dragon
19 - Blue Ape, Green Squid
20 -

Taking this information a step further and comparing it to both my brother's collection pic and this video, the combinations appear to be very fixed rather than have it possible to obtain every single color. Nearly every figure appears to be available in any means of obtaining figures, with the exception of two that appear in the Beast Builders only. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some product (perhaps unreleased) that included the clear purple Snake exclusively, but otherwise everything seems to have relatively fair representation. Assuming that the totally-blind Booster Packs don't hold some kind of other surprise, then mimoman's missing only a handful of sculpts from the dual-color pairs, plus a Green Dragon he somehow missed.

3qPbodX.jpg

All of this exhaustive research to determine what he's missing and can reasonably buy! Bro, these are the figures you need and where to hopefully get them, unless anyone here with spares or lack of interest wants to sell/trade them!

yellow stinger green body Scorpion - Single 40
red tentacles blue body Squid - Single 32
white horn red body Rhino - Single 35
blue tail yellow body Dragon - Single 29
yellow tail green body Dragon - Single 28

green Dragon - Single 1, Thunder BattleClaw
blue arms yellow body Ape - Single 38, Beast Builder 06
green arms yellow body Ape - Single 37, Beast Builder 02
white head red body Snake - Single 43, Beast Builder 08

And these figures might not at all exist. I'd have to look closer at the larger products to be absolutely sure they don't come with any of the claws.

blue Scorpion
yellow Squid
green Rhino
white Dragon
red Ape
green Snake
blue Snake
clear purple Snake

Assuming no other errors, a total of 70 figures exist in the BattleClaw toyline.

Edited by BaltanII, 13 April 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#47 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Got 10 more figs today, including a new one! Green lizard with yellow back.

Anyone have the other figs Baltan mentioned? I'd be happy to buy or trade for them!

Edited by mimoman, 13 April 2018 - 07:58 PM.

#48 thech8t

thech8t

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

I didn't even know these existed until maybe 2 weeks ago. Hit up a Toys R Us with friends for kicks and ran into these. I saw the Chinese-looking packaging on them and saw that they were only a dollar each, so I was like "screw it, I'll get one".

Landed a Purple Dragon on my first go. He's now one of my prized possessions.

I have no interest in the game whatsoever, and the cartoon IMO is garbage. (I feel too old to be watching it, and I'm a guy who unironically watches shonen anime, Transformers cartoons, and tokusatsu hero shows in his 20s.)

That being said, I love the Jinlin figures. Every time I go somewhere and there's a Toys R Us nearby, I'll always go in, and I'll always grab a Battleclaw blind bag or two, usually just buying whatever my spare change can get me because they're less than a buck a pop. I don't particularly care to catch 'em all, I just like to see what I can get. Plus, I don't particularly feel up to blowing money on these, hence the "spare change" deal.

So far I've got:

- Clear Purple Dragon (First one ever)

- Clear Purple Rhino

- Blue Ape with Yellow Arms (which I have affectionately nicknamed Strong Mad)

- Red Scorpion with White Arms and Legs

- Blue Dragon with Yellow Back

- Green Squid

- Green Ape (kinda wanna custom paint it)

- Green Dragon

- Yellow Dragon

- Blue Dragon

Really fun little figures to have on my desk, love messing around with them. My favorites are the dragons. Least favorite are probably the scorpions because they feel so flimsy and just overall don't impress me. Don't own any spiders or snakes, though the spiders look pretty cool.

I understand that the game involves beast cards that combine two Jinlins, so I usually like to display them in pairs, one stacked on top of the other and pretend it's the combined beast. In particular, a rhino can stack on top of a dragon really well.

Next time I'm in an area that has a Toys R Us in it, I'll definitely pick up a new one or two.

EDIT: And got two dragons, yellow and green.

Edited by thech8t, 18 April 2018 - 09:39 PM.

#49 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:30 AM

Welcome aboard thech8t, glad to see a new face with interest in this underrated line!

Where the heck did the other people go, like OnionKamen and Dpsexpress? Was really hoping they’d show up with all the new info I compiled, maybe get some trades going...

#50 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Man, with TRU sinking ship, you can get these things for pennies now.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com