105 replies to this topic

#1 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

Stay tuned and spread the word!!  Find LRT on the socials...

http://www.lastresor...wqi5doy7ar99d9i

Edited by EdGein, 08 May 2018 - 04:10 AM.

#2 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

That's awesome. I feel the logo could use a revamp to HD quality for the release.

#3 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

This is amazing. I'm not the type to buy modern toys aside from Super 7, but this will most likely peek my interest. 

#4 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Honestly, I thought this line was never returning. Seems there's more love for it then I thought!

#5 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Trash Bag Bunch
    Savage Mondo Blitzers
    Hiro color changing Aliens

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

That's awesome. I feel the logo could use a revamp to HD quality for the release.

I'll gladly volunteer!

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#6 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
    Savage Mondo Blitzers

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Interesting!

Does anybody know anything about Last Resort Toys?
Wondering how they would execute a "new approach" with most of their current work looking like pretty standard minifigs.
Maybe an alternate gimmick packaging to pay homage to the melting alka-seltzer bags...

Excited to see what they come up with.

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

It would be nice if they are based off of the original trash bag Bunch designs and not the crap that they just pushed together With the title.

#8 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

Id be fine with an updated sculpt of each figure. Some TBB figures did suck though.

#9 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

I’d be fine with an updated Trash Bat.

#10 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

I am interested. I'd love to see monochromatic figures. And I'd be cool if they stuck to monsters, aliens and robots...wouldn't miss the humanoid guys.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#11 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Interesting!

Does anybody know anything about Last Resort Toys?
Wondering how they would execute a "new approach" with most of their current work looking like pretty standard minifigs.
Maybe an alternate gimmick packaging to pay homage to the melting alka-seltzer bags...

Excited to see what they come up with.

Last Resort Toys is mine, so yes ;)

There will be announcements in the coming weeks, but since interests are piqued, allow me to give some veiled info.  I'll only be revisiting some of the strongest designs--let's be honest, a large portion of the characters were pretty weak and don't deserve a second go.  These will NOT be standard mini-figs, nor will they be blind bagged--people will know what they're getting, but there will be some exciting options.

As for the other mini figs you see on the site, Run-A-Mucks, those are exactly what you think.  I had trouble getting them off the ground, but after I do some licensed product they will be revisited.  LRT is not just a mini-fig company.  I am working on other licenses and a variety of styles of toys.

Haha, fair.  I have permissions to the original art by Daryl Cagle, so I want to use some of it.  But you can guarantee that I have my art team developing new logos and character artwork for packaging and other merchandise!

#12 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
    Savage Mondo Blitzers

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Last Resort Toys is mine, so yes ;)

There will be announcements in the coming weeks, but since interests are piqued, allow me to give some veiled info.  I'll only be revisiting some of the strongest designs--let's be honest, a large portion of the characters were pretty weak and don't deserve a second go.  These will NOT be standard mini-figs, nor will they be blind bagged--people will know what they're getting, but there will be some exciting options.

As for the other mini figs you see on the site, Run-A-Mucks, those are exactly what you think.  I had trouble getting them off the ground, but after I do some licensed product they will be revisited.  LRT is not just a mini-fig company.  I am working on other licenses and a variety of styles of toys.

Cool! Thanks for the response!
I should also clarify what I meant by "looking like pretty standard minifigs" was just that they were small scale, solid cast, unarticulated figures.
So, I assumed an update on the sculpts was likely the only thing to expect, so it's cool to hear you have some surprises up your sleeve and no blind boxing.

I can understand you'd just focus on certain figures.
Though, I have to say, despite having favorites I really really like every Trash bag Bunch figure.
I know that probably seems silly, but the colors and designs are just so cohesive, they really hold up after all these years for me.

I see some collector's don't seem to like the humanoid guys, but they are some of my favorites!  Especially Janitax and Sanitizer.

I love their poses and gear, they actually remind me of the old animated HEAVY METAL for some reason.

Sure would be awesome to even see some creatures from series 2 (which I still have never been able to get my paws on)
And, if any of the humans get an update, maybe they could become women? The line was a real sausage fest  :lol:

Dr. Sheen or Sparkler could make some strong ladies!

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

So, are these going to be hand-cast or factory production pieces?

#14 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

I should also clarify what I meant by "looking like pretty standard minifigs" was just that they were small scale, solid cast, unarticulated figures.

Sure would be awesome to even see some creatures from series 2 (which I still have never been able to get my paws on)

I understood what was meant, no worries!

Series 2.........way ahead of you.

So, are these going to be hand-cast or factory production pieces?

Factory, though there may be some limited, specialty hand-cast versions.

Edited by EdGein, 21 December 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#15 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

Also!  I know this is basic...but if you guys want to be a help, please "like" where appropriate, retweet, and follow the socials.

I know it's pretty lame to have to ask, but with young pages, that stuff will add up.  I've done soft announcements here and on other forums.  More coordinated and public announcements with some toy blogs and news sites are planned.

Without an audience, these toys will be hard to make.  Although licensed and factory-produced, these won't be on the shelves of Target and Wal-Mart!

Edited by EdGein, 21 December 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#16 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Although licensed and factory-produced, these won't be on the shelves of Target and Wal-Mart!

Where would they be sold? Online only?

#17 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Most likely. I don't think it has the audience (and I don't have the money) for retailers. At this point, it's really hard to gauge how much of an audience I will have.

I'm most likely going to Kickstart to get an idea of audience size rather than just guessing at units to order, and then carry stock in the LRT online store. I'd like to have a small convention presence too, with exclusives.

It will be a slow-roll of releases, continuing onward based on sales and viability.

#18 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Most likely. I don't think it has the audience (and I don't have the money) for retailers. At this point, it's really hard to gauge how much of an audience I will have.

I'm most likely going to Kickstart to get an idea of audience size rather than just guessing at units to order, and then carry stock in the LRT online store. I'd like to have a small convention presence too, with exclusives.

It will be a slow-roll of releases, continuing onward based on sales and viability.

Let me know if you need help. I've done design work for many toy companies.

This sounds like an exciting project.

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

I have done zero design work for many toy companies, it would also be willing to help if called upon.

#20 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

I'm excited as heck, personally. Unlike most people here I actually do like fully painted figures the most but I'd enjoy monocolors too. Heck, I'd enjoy stickers or enamel pins or literally any possible piece of merchandise based on some of the TBB monsters/villains.

Muckoid and Liceplant were my series one favorites, while every single new design from the second series was fantastic.

#21 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

Could always do the first run as monochrome colors, and a painted series if/when interest picks up. They work well for both but I loved the Trashors colors with the original line.

Would also love to see the humans make a come-back, though compared to the monsters most were a bit too similar for my tastes. You could really go nuts with those designs!

Do believe anyone here would step up if any help was needed.

Edited by mannakat, 23 December 2017 - 02:42 AM.

#22 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the offers to help.  I'm pretty set for now.  I've got art and 2-D stuff getting done now.  I'm starting sculpting after Christmas.  Got other teams working on other aspects as well, but if I find myself shorthanded on some aspect, I will not hesitate to ask--I'm happy to have the eager fans ready to step up!

I'm excited as heck, personally. Unlike most people here I actually do like fully painted figures the most but I'd enjoy monocolors too. Heck, I'd enjoy stickers or enamel pins or literally any possible piece of merchandise based on some of the TBB monsters/villains.

Muckoid and Liceplant were my series one favorites, while every single new design from the second series was fantastic.

:thumbsup:

#23 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

As long as the designs and scales are consistent i'm all in. 

#24 Bazoon

Bazoon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

Really looking forward to that project. So much potential with Mel on board :) Please make the figures different and easily distinguishable from the first and second original series to keep the classic toys special!

#25 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

I understood what was meant, no worries!

Series 2.........way ahead of you.

Factory, though there may be some limited, specialty hand-cast versions.

Who will be doing the sculpting? Id love to do turn around drawings to assist them.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com