952 replies to this topic

#901 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Y'know, I was just starting to really dig him in Fury's old job, up until Fear Itself. That series almost made me give up on Marvel all together.

Have you seen the Apocalypse, from this line? He's even friggin' bigger than Hulk.

#902 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Size of Apoc I believe will be remedied next year with the new hulk body! Can't wait to get em.

I really like the Shield uniform on Cap, but since I havn't read Fear Itself I can only imagine how attrocious it was to make you consider quitting Marvel. :lol:

Since I typically get bound volumes from my library, it's usually 6 months to a year that I even get to catch up on any recent archs.

Posted Image

#903 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

So picked up my Future Foundation team pack today, I had a hunch Wal-Mart would stock right before Thanksgiving. Do they all have that dark grey wash on them. I thought they where supposed to be a very striking white. Now I'm a little worried they'll X-Force it and FF Spider-Man will look really odd with these guys.

#904 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

I wouldn't doubt it. Not diggin the whole X-force thing. How do you mess up silver and black like that?

I stopped by one walmart and they had like 20 Sentinels in stock, and probably about 40 team packs! It was insane. I can only imagine alot of em will wind up on clearance next year.

Have you seen the Metal Absorbing Man yet? I can't find one. I suppose he may show up in a future refresher case.

Posted Image

#905 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

No sign of metal Absorbing Man in my neck of the woods yet. Although it sounds like there have been a handful found at retail.

#906 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Speaking of variants anybody peeped the refresher Electro, translucent yellow forearms. I'm in if I see one of these bad boys.

#907 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

count me in if u see 2!
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#908 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

ive seen that Electro at Target... if its still there tomorrow i'll pick it up for you guys.

#909 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

Not mine, I don't buy MU anymore, but it is pretty damn cool!

#910 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

I like variants, but lately they have been annoying me. I don't like going on a toy run to find one figure. I'd prefer it if they would released a whole bunch of variants all at once. Kind of like they did with the Warpath, Marvel, Vision variants.

So right now there is an Electro, Thor, Cap, and Absorbing Man variant. And they are all in 3 different refresher cases. Which means each store in my area will have to get a different case to increase the chances of finding them. Not really worth all the hunting trouble.

Posted Image

#911 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

im still picking through falcons and doctor dooms. i just saw a nightcrawler / storm 2 pack today, but i passed. storm sucks. i hope to find ice man / wolverine / magneto before christmas, but i doubt it. electro looks really neat.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#912 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Okay, Found the Gift Set today. 30 bucks ain't a bad tag for 5 figs I think, even if they are all repaints. They can get very sloppy though. I found them in a completely seperate toy ailse, so if you are looking for them, which I assume none of you will be :lol:, they might be stacked in Holiday Special ailse of your Wal-Mart. found with the Transformers and Star Wars Gift Sets.

Also found the Electro Variant today.....err... VARIANTS. I had heard something about this, but didn't believe it was true. Apparently there are 2 Electro Variants. One has a painted head crest, and another has a Translucent crest. Kind of weird for them to do that. But whatever. I bought both, cause I was happy to find anything I needed today. :)

And!!! I got my DD/BE QS/WM Comic packs in the mail! At least I think that's what they are. Havn't had time to open the box just yet. :p

LOTS OF MARVEL UNIVERSE ACTION TODAY!!! YAAAAYYY!!!

Posted Image

#913 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Most excellent, I had to spend my weekend content with my Superhero Showdown Mole Man I got in the mail.

Did you actually pick up the gift set or just see it?

#914 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

Yeah I snagged one. Ain't half bad. They had like 14 in stock at the WM I saw them.

IM's shoulder swiveles are loose. But everyone else seems pretty sturdy.
No stuck joints, cause there is only basic paint apps. No washes on them.
Thor looks pretty good. The under arm paint is a different flesh color from the arms and head though.
Cap is good too. The shield clip is loose, and since it's that clear plastic the clips might bust off with regular play.
Spidey's legs want to fall off due to the way they have him jammed in the package.
And you may have to cut Wolverine's sword out of the bubble. The hilt is pretty snug in there.

For $30 bucks it's a good value for 5 core heroes, but be picky, cause as I mentioned the paint apps on the faces can be rough. I wouldn't advise buying it unless you really must have it. Aside from the Clear Shield, and the 90's Style Thor paint apps, there isn't anything new worth having in there. I do like Thor the most. He's a lot better than the Secret Wars version in my opinion.

Posted Image

#915 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

People are finding the Thor and 1st App Cap variants at Family Dollar of all places! Didn't even know they carried em. I have a FD 5 mins from my house, so I'm checking tomorrow. :p

Posted Image

#916 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Shazbots..What a bust for me. Wound up going to 5 different Family Dollars, and they all had the normal versions of Cap and Thor, but no variants. :( Suckage. All had the same exact figures, 2 Caps, Thors, and IM, and 1 Wolverine. LAAAME!

Posted Image

#917 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

I had to rearrange my Marvel shelves this weekend, ran out of room. I always seperate my variants, costume changes, and Non 616 figs from my main set of single characters. And well, I thought you guys would like to see Hasbro's nonsensical sales strategies put into a visual perspective.

Attached File  100_7954.JPG   452.14K   20 downloads

There are about 150 figs in there (ignoring the Megabloks). Of course some are from other series like Iron Man, X:O, and Captain America. But I think you can get the idea. And that isn't all the variants, there are a number I never found.
Now sure not all of them are unnecessary. I know there is probably nearly 30 in there that I would have bought even if I didn't collect the variants, mostly costume changes. But right now my secondary variants set outnumbers my single character set by about 30.

I didn't think nothing of it till I ran out of room and needed to reshift my shelves. Lining them up in a row was the only way to fit them all in there, and then I had to remove Iron Spider-Man's little arms. I still don't really mind it, but it's the outnumbering of unique characters compared to variants that bugs me. I don't recall any vintage lines doing this kind of thing, and it really annoys me that it's become so prominent with Hasbro's core lines. In fact, I can't think of another company that does this to such an extent that Hasbro has over the past 10 years.

Back in the day, we would get different costumes sure, but they never just flat out repainted figures in different hues of the same colors. Toybiz was no where near this bad when they were doing their Marvel lines in waves. You might get 1 variant for every wave. But even then most costume changes were new sculpts.

Posted Image

#918 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Unwrapped my Guardians of the Galaxy team pack on Christmas and it is awesome. Just what I needed to punch me in the arm and get me to set up a new display on my shelves. I really liked Star Lord, I spent all night just playing with him on the couch. Hope to find the latest wave this week, I didn't get to the stores much the week before Christmas so if I missed them I'll be bummed.

#919 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

The good news is I found Wonderman/Quicksilver and Daredevil/Bullseye at retail, the bad it was at Fred Meyer and not one of the retailers most of you will have around. Also my Wonderman has a super loose right arm he can't raise it above his head. Been having a lot of fun with Quicksilver.

#920 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

I saw 2 Bullseyes this past weekend. The first I spotted at TRU and picked him up. He has great paint apps too. Then I noticed another at Target with less quality paints. Just wondering if anyone else has seen him around lately? Maybe Hasbro is infusing more the previously scarce figures back on the pegs. I thought I was extremely lucky seeing 2 of them. That one was eluding me from the start.

#921 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Found remnants of Wave 17 at Target today. Missed Pyslocke, Storm, and Daredevil. But I got those other 3 guys. :p

Hopefully they will pop up again. Looks like only 1 case was stocked, as there were 2 of each of the guys I picked up. I havn't checked yet, but if the Thor from this wave is close enough to the SDCC version in color, then I'll have to snag a second one to replace the busted foot on my SDCC one.

Posted Image

#922 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ah, I've been slacking in my searches for new MU because of the after Christmas slump, hope I haven't missed anything good.

I did get my Shocker from the Spider-Man line direct from Canada today :woot:

#923 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

How is he? I've been hopeing Hasbro would stop screwin aroung and give us more decent MU offerings of SM villains. They would sell like hotcakes, so I don't get it. I need more guys for my 1000 Spidey repaints to fight. :p

Posted Image

#924 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Score today. Got the last 3 figs from this wave! Checked another Target, and they didn't have them out, so I scanned a random fig to see if there were any in the back, and there was a stocker right there, so I managed to get him to pull the case from the back!

He almost didn't cause he said that they have had problems with Hotwheel collectors lately. But he was cool about it, and totally did me a favor. :) The case he pulled was a long end-cap. So if you don't see em on pegs walk around to see if the endcap is out.

Posted Image

#925 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

The Shocker is same old story different figure, decent offering with below grade articulation. Certainly on par with the last couple of offerings but with less of a chance to see another sculpt down the road, he'll round out the back of a villain crowd nicely.

Found the newest waves pegwarmers today happy to own even an outdated version of Patriot, I'm having my doubts about whether or not I searched well enough for an endcap though.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com