#1 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

I got my first set of these from a board member when the series started, and have kept with it since. It's the only major Marvel line not part of this topic heading, but figured there had to be a few of us out there.

So, anybody else collect these?

Anybody else depressed at watching the line be rammed into an early grave because of their awful marketing decisions?
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#2 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

I've always been on the cusp of getting some of these but never quite pulled the trigger. I finally bought some of the new Batman: Brave and the Bold Action League

I recently saw photos of somebodys collection thought and they had almost a full roster of Mystiques Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and I wished I'd at least got those figures and the five wolverines that came with them :D

#3 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:11 AM

I had the Brave and Bold figures for a while, but I've always been a Marvel guy (until fairly recently), and The B&B were way too stylized for my liking. I sold them shortly after buying them, regretted it a bit when Etrigan came out, but haven't gone back. I do some of the DCUC to fill my limited DC figure needs. Just ebayed for the huge Kilowog. Can't wait to get him!

For my part I've collected every individual SHS character they've sold in US stores with the exception of Falcon, as I'm waiting for either the Winter Soldier Saga 3-pack to actually be sold in stores, or that big $30 TRU pack to come down in price.

Anytime I get a new version of a character I already have, I pick the one I think is the best representation and give my extras to a coworker for his son. The only extras I've kept are Weapon X Wolvie, Black suit Spiderman, Silver Centurian Iron Man, and Clone costume Spidey.

Still, ignoring those, I have something like 130 different characters now. It's a cool line but since it became popular they turned it into a show, a video game, some cars, bedsheets, marbles, puzzles, what have you, and have reduced the number of actual figures coming out by like 2/3. So basically they had a line that was very successful and decided to ride that success by drasticly reducing production of it in favor of other things. Great move. I give it till this christmas.

#4 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:18 AM

For Action League so far all I have is the Gentleman Ghost deluxe pack and the Gorilla Grodd deluxe pack.

Do you have any of the playsets? That has been another one of the things that really has peaked my intrest with super hero squad. If I had more display room I'd have probably picked up a few.

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

I collect them. At first I was trying to buy every character, but then they started making like 50 iron man ones or 50 of whatever the upcoming Marvel movie was at the time and got bored. I started just buying characters that I liked or thought were unique in some way. I didnt need 50 different iron mans.

Although I like them and have literally 100+, I think they are inferior to the Galactic heroes. One thing I dont like about the Marvel ones is that some of the poses you cant do anything with. There is a couple of them that are stuck in some gay pose and you are stuck with that pose. All of the GH poses are pretty solid.

Sort of off topic, but those are the only two lines I collect, the Marvel ones and the GH's. Never picked up the Transformer ones, JI Joe, Toy story etc...

Back on topic. I am looking for an extra Moon Knight figure for a potential custom idea so if anybody has a duplicate to sell or trade hit me up.

#6 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

I totally agree that the posing of some of the figures are awful. Scarlet Spider is probably the best example of that.

What I dislike about Galactic Heroes (and I do own many of the original trilogy figures) is that they have decided to go mostly without articulation. For what they cost and the number of times each mold is reused they should at least have head swivel or arm movement. And if I have to choose between the occasional oddball pose for Tigra or Nightcrawler, or totally unarticulated figures holding hilariously large weapons whether they deserve them or not, then I'll usually pick the first choice.

That having been said, some of the SHS figures are losing articulation more frequently too, so that argument may go away shortly.

And I've got a Moon Knight waiting to be turned into a Sleepwalker at my house. One of my Spring Break projects.

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:59 AM

I've got a Moon Knight waiting to be turned into a Sleepwalker at my house. One of my Spring Break projects.

:o I don't know whether to be upset about this post or commend you on your awesomeness because that is EXACTLY why I am looking for an additional Moon Knight hahaha. I may just turn the one I have into Sleepy sooner than waiting for a dupe. Sleepwalker is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. I even got a tattoo of the bastard. I own every sleepwalker issue up until they canned him and I also own pretty much every guest or cameo appearance comic that he was in. I saw Moon Knight and the first thing I thought of was making a Sleepwalker custom. I can't believe there is someone other than just me who thought of that, most people dont even know who Sleepwalker is these days. If/when you complete it, please, please, please post pics I would be very interested in seeing how it turned out. I may buy a couple MK's on ebay right now just so I can do it too.

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

I had about a hundred of these until a year or so ago. Then i sold them all. I miss them, kind of, when an awesome new figure like MODOK comes out. But then i remember that they were overpriced and there's about a billion of them, and i don't miss it so much anymore. :o
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

I love these guys as well and have to have around 250 of them plus every GI Joe, Brave and Bold and non-movie Transformers that have been released. At this point though it's become pretty difficult to keep up on all the lines, especially with some of the limited non-USA releases I've had to track down. Still love them all the same though!
-Barry

#10 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

:D I don't know whether to be upset about this post or commend you on your awesomeness because that is EXACTLY why I am looking for an additional Moon Knight hahaha. I may just turn the one I have into Sleepy sooner than waiting for a dupe. Sleepwalker is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. I even got a tattoo of the bastard. I own every sleepwalker issue up until they canned him and I also own pretty much every guest or cameo appearance comic that he was in. I saw Moon Knight and the first thing I thought of was making a Sleepwalker custom. I can't believe there is someone other than just me who thought of that, most people dont even know who Sleepwalker is these days. If/when you complete it, please, please, please post pics I would be very interested in seeing how it turned out. I may buy a couple MK's on ebay right now just so I can do it too.

Hehe, will do. I made a sleepwalker Minimate a few years ago. I think I may still have him, but his leg broke off so I may also have tossed him.

The Moonknight fig is perfect though. Cut the staff out of his hand, shorten and scoop the cape, and he has that flat face which fits perfectly.

I too have every issue of Sleepwalker, not every cameo though. Still, it was a good book. I enjoyed him popping up in the Great Lakes Avengers: Misassembled trade refusing to join.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find my minimate, and when I finish the SHS custom I'll post some pics here.

I love these guys as well and have to have around 250 of them plus every GI Joe, Brave and Bold and non-movie Transformers that have been released. At this point though it's become pretty difficult to keep up on all the lines, especially with some of the limited non-USA releases I've had to track down. Still love them all the same though!
-Barry

Do you have Crossbones/Winter Soldier/Mary Jane/Wrecker/Gargoyle/Nighthawk, and can I buy him from you? Hehe.

I have the GIJoes ones too, at least the non-movie GIJoe ones. I'm sad they cancelled the third wave though.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

At this point though it's become pretty difficult to keep up on all the lines, especially with some of the limited non-USA releases I've had to track down.

I only follow Robot Heroes due to the TF fandom, so how many figures in the other lines have been canceled for release in the US?

I wanted to collect Superhero Squad, but the line was so enormous even at the time where I was interested, so I never bothered. Didn't even finish the Iron Man movie collection like I wanted. The only two pack (Cap Punisher/Deadpool) is long-gone, and I just have leftovers from one of the IM four-packs left to unload.

#12 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Hehe, will do. I made a sleepwalker Minimate a few years ago. I think I may still have him, but his leg broke off so I may also have tossed him.

The Moonknight fig is perfect though. Cut the staff out of his hand, shorten and scoop the cape, and he has that flat face which fits perfectly.

I too have every issue of Sleepwalker, not every cameo though. Still, it was a good book. I enjoyed him popping up in the Great Lakes Avengers: Misassembled trade refusing to join.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find my minimate, and when I finish the SHS custom I'll post some pics here.

Do you have Crossbones/Winter Soldier/Mary Jane/Wrecker/Gargoyle/Nighthawk, and can I buy him from you? Hehe.

I have the GIJoes ones too, at least the non-movie GIJoe ones. I'm sad they cancelled the third wave though.

Unfortunately I don't have any doubles in the collection, but with regards to GI Joe, the third wave was not canceled, it was just a Canadian exclusive. You can find the figures from wave 3 all over ebay. What is REALLY hard to find was the 5-pack that was supposed to be a Walmart exclusive with Tomax and Xamot that DID get canceled but there were a handful of them floating around from the factory in China last summer. I've only seen 2 or 3 of those pop up ever!
-Barry

I only follow Robot Heroes due to the TF fandom, so how many figures in the other lines have been canceled for release in the US?

I wanted to collect Superhero Squad, but the line was so enormous even at the time where I was interested, so I never bothered. Didn't even finish the Iron Man movie collection like I wanted. The only two pack (Cap Punisher/Deadpool) is long-gone, and I just have leftovers from one of the IM four-packs left to unload.

Quite a lot of figures from each of the Marvel and TF lines have been either canceled, postponed indefinitely or foreign exclusives. From the TF line, my favorite non-US release figures are Predaking which was a UK exclusive and Laserbeak which I do not believe ever saw an official release. If I remember correctly, the wiki entries for Superhero Squad and Robot Heroes have a lot of info about the exclusives.
-Barry

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

...unless you mean a different wiki, didn't seem all that detailed, unless there's not that many missing figures after all. I know all about the TF ones, but Wikipedia coverage is terrible and outdated, and the Super Hero Squad page is a tad ugly.

Ricochet/Predaking and Inferno/Tigatron weren't UK exclusive only, but the Universe Robot Heroes were canceled in the US before we got them here. I need to hunt down Inferno one of these days, for the Royalty!

#14 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

...unless you mean a different wiki, didn't seem all that detailed, unless there's not that many missing figures after all. I know all about the TF ones, but Wikipedia coverage is terrible and outdated, and the Super Hero Squad page is a tad ugly.

Ricochet/Predaking and Inferno/Tigatron weren't UK exclusive only, but the Universe Robot Heroes were canceled in the US before we got them here. I need to hunt down Inferno one of these days, for the Royalty!

I guess I was misinformed then, I saw that on another board and the only ones I've ever seen available were in from the UK so I assumed it to be true. Where else were they released? Must have been very limited if so.

Here's the link to the Superhero Squad wiki:

Superhero Squad Wiki

and it's for the most part up to date. Quite a few of the 4 packs either did not get a release here or were very limited but have been on ebay for ages. Wave 19 is not yet out yet though those figures were floating around a couple months back and I just saw now that I guess the Kraven figure is coming out after all!
-Barry

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, that was the page I saw, but I missed the blurb on the four-packs. It's sad that these neat if not perfect figures get shafted so often, or oversaturated with the rest of their respective movie merch.

Those two sets were released elsewhere in Europe - offhand I know Germany was one country - as well as Australia and some spots in Asia. It would have been nice if Canada got them like the last Combat Heroes sets, but that ship has sailed.

Edited by Boaconda, 05 April 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#16 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

:shok: I don't know whether to be upset about this post or commend you on your awesomeness because that is EXACTLY why I am looking for an additional Moon Knight hahaha. I may just turn the one I have into Sleepy sooner than waiting for a dupe. Sleepwalker is one of my all time favorite comic book characters. I even got a tattoo of the bastard. I own every sleepwalker issue up until they canned him and I also own pretty much every guest or cameo appearance comic that he was in. I saw Moon Knight and the first thing I thought of was making a Sleepwalker custom. I can't believe there is someone other than just me who thought of that, most people dont even know who Sleepwalker is these days. If/when you complete it, please, please, please post pics I would be very interested in seeing how it turned out. I may buy a couple MK's on ebay right now just so I can do it too.

Okay, I more-or-less finished my Sleepwalker Custom. I'm planning on adding the little bit of cowl under Sleepy's chin eventually, once I decide how I want to do that. I'm not much of a sculpter so if I can't cut it, glue it or paint over it it's not an option for me. I think some of the chunks of cape I have leftover can be repurposed.

Anyway, a few notes. The purple paint I used for the cape did not paint on solid, but I liked it so kept it that way. Also, his flesh is a little too green for my liking. I tried to make it somewhat paler, and even then still too green.

In general though I liked how it came out. I like the color scheme. I liked it when it was on Trap Jaw, and I like it on Sleepwalker.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Wow TOM, that turned out absolutely fantastic!!! I am very impressed. These last couple weeks have been nuts so I havent even been able to get a hold of an extra MK, or start on the one I have. I must say yours turned out beautiful. If mine turns out to be half as awesome then I will be happy. Now I have to do one because that turned out so sweet. Again, that is AWESOME!!! Great work.

#18 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

Nice Sleepwalker. Have they done a Darkhawk in this line yet?

#19 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

That is a tremendous Sleepwalker custom. Doc, have you had a chance to finish yours?

To the topic: I have only tumbled for the non-movie GIJoe Combat Heroes and Batman Brave and Bold (this one is Tortle's fault, his review made me want them!) lines, but that is it so far.
Similar to Doc Moore, I wanted to get into the Superhero Squad line, but the plethora of Spiderman and Iron Man and Wolverine figures was way too much for me....

#20 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

I plan on picking up a few (im WAY late ...) as i like the style of a few specific figures but i cant jump into the entire line due to the design. Its simply not something i can stomach.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#21 clig76

clig76

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

I plan on picking up a few (im WAY late ...) as i like the style of a few specific figures but i cant jump into the entire line due to the design. Its simply not something i can stomach.

I can't decide on this line. I love the vast selection of characters but I am not a fan of the kid friendly smiling faces. Cool product none the less.

#22 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I have one and it was enough for me. There isnt much that you can *do* with these figures but if a person just plans on setting them on a shelf then i suppose they might be of some value. Personally , as a person that doesn't collect 6'' figures, id rather have teh Marvel Legends Iron Man . Big, chunky and poseable.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#23 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

I like this line a lot, and I collect it semi-seriously. Great little figures; if I had one criticism it would be pretty much the same as for a lot of these Marvel lines - too many Spidey/Hulk/Iron Man figures. However, in fairness, they have done a pretty good job of covering a lot of the less well-known characters too, and there's a great variety out there.

And fortunately for a cheapskate like me I see Super Hero Squad on clearance quite often :lol:

Attached File  SHScoll.JPG   212.59K   24 downloads
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#24 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

I like this line a lot, and I collect it semi-seriously. Great little figures; if I had one criticism it would be pretty much the same as for a lot of these Marvel lines - too many Spidey/Hulk/Iron Man figures. However, in fairness, they have done a pretty good job of covering a lot of the less well-known characters too, and there's a great variety out there.

And fortunately for a cheapskate like me I see Super Hero Squad on clearance quite often :lol:

Attached File  SHScoll.JPG   212.59K   24 downloads

Awesome collection! I got a bulk of mine a while ago when (unfortunately) Kay*Bee Toys went out of business. Maybe too many Hulks and Spider-mans and Iron mans, but I do love the Dethloks and Moon Knights and Sentries and Black Panthers they released. Excellent line and Thank you for posting that photo, SD! I had forgotten who came packaged with whom.

Cheers!

GVM

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com