#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:17 PM

http://www.mame.net

Rocks! That's all I can say.

My friend bought a Mortal Kombat arcade a few years back and set it up for MAME, which allowed him to play thousands of old arcade games on one machine. He eventually sold it before I could buy it from him. I've been wanting one ever since.

Well, I got one! Sort of. I got all the MAME roms, and the MAME32 Emulator program for windows, but playing with the gamepad just wasn't the same. So last nigh, I went out and got one of THESE!

The X-Arcade 2 Player Classic Arcade Console

Posted Image

This thing is JUST like the arcades.
Now I have over 2000 arcade games to play, along with my NES and SNES roms (which work great with this controller, hehe). Imagine playing Zelda or Metroid on an arcade machine. What a feel!
By the way, it hooks up as a keyboard, not a game controller, and it has 3 programmable modes. This thing ROCKS! I have it hooked to my laptop in the living room, and my kids and wife LOVE it!

Ratings:

MAME32 and Roms - 10 of 10 (actually closer to 20 of 10 ;) )
Cost: Hmmmmm ;)

X-Arcade Dual Player Controller - 10 of 10 (equally as pleased as with the MAME32)
Cost: $149.99 plus tax.

Value/Satisfaction rating: Sorry, I can't count that high....

#2 Tsuzuki

Tsuzuki

Ph33r M3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 11:50 PM

MAME is awesome! It's been a while since I've played games, though.

As for the X-Arcade 2, it looks cool. I'd like to have one, but I'm not ready to shell out that much money for one....yet. :cry:

#3 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 02:22 AM

WOW i've had my eye on that controll pad for some time now but it's way outa my price range.

I'm not sure if i had told you or not Jon i restored an old arcade game and it
works perfectly.

the original case is from the game ROLLING THUNDER
but the mother board has been changed to HAMMERING HARRY

i would have prefered rolling thunder but harry is a great one for the kids.

i have mame on my pc with about 50 game roms
but most of the sites i've used have stopped downloads

does anyone know of any good sites with game rom?

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#4 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 27 January 2003 - 07:50 AM

it seems like a bunch of people are interested in roms and emulators, it also seems like at least one person has each type of rom that is wanted, we should all trade roms that we have (not an official site thing, that would just be trouble) but if someone set up a private temporary ftp, we could all upload what we have and download what we dont.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:31 PM

we should all trade roms that we have (not an official site thing, that would just be trouble) but if someone set up a private temporary ftp, we could all upload what we have and download what we dont.

Bloody great idea

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com