2 replies to this topic

#1 BzzzapOuch

BzzzapOuch

Oh, Gitaroo Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 05:22 PM

On numerous occasions I've heard several complaints about how the first Devil May Cry was too short and too easy, so if you're going to complain about this too, then you should maybe skip this.

Dante is back...and he is better than ever. I just picked this up 01/29/03, and haven't beaten it yet, so I'll just rate this based off what I've seen in the game so far.

Yes, it is pretty easy, even though the game is supposed to adjust difficulty settings based on how well you are doing. Look at it this way, Dante is no push-over, the funnest thing about this game is slicing through numerous enemies, running up and along walls, jumping high in the air and shooting upside down, shooting in two different directions at once, and tying all that together into insane combos. To top it off, Dante's devil trigger looks better in this one(For those who dont know, when the "devil trigger" is used, Dante is transformed in a demon with enhance strength and speed).

Yes it is short. Do you want to play an action game for 40 hours?? How can you possibly make a character interesitng for that long?? Ah, thats why long games are best left to games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and Baldurs gate, due to the character building in RPG's. Dante does change a bit in this game however, you obtain amulets to enhance your devil trigger, and you can also upgrade your sword and guns in this one. This game is averaged at around 6 hours per disc(disc 1 is Dante, Disc 2 is Lucia, each with their own personal adventures), and the game may have replay value for most, due to the fact that after "normal" difficulty is beaten, you have the chance to play at harder settings.

I bought the first part to this game when it came out, and I still own it. I'd suggest you play this first, it should only take about 6 hours or so to beat(you can find it used for around $15). If you have problems with shorter games, then just rent it, I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Posted Image

#2 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 10:58 AM

i played through the first devil may cry and yeah it was short but it is a cool game and i would recommend it because it is fun to play. i am surely going to buy DMC2
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 11:07 AM

i played through the first devil may cry and yeah it was short but it is a cool game and i would recommend it because it is fun to play. i am surely going to buy DMC2
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com