ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

believe the last 2 went for $550 and $500 respectively.

#4 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

So..................... does anyone on here do loans? :)

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#5 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Didn't someone on here sell or buy one on ebay for $1000 awhile back?

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

I think someone "tried" selling one for $1000.

#7 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

A couple of LB that sold recently on YHJ.

Looks like these hit the actual worth being listed individually rather than the crazy markups on ebay. Hopefully the market has peaked and all prices are coming down - maybe not for stone cobra though!

Killer Hound - 1981 Yen http://page15.auctio...tion/t378320106
Strong Hurricane with a shield - 3355 yen http://page15.auctio...tion/t388335553

Again I will never buy a LB off the ebay scalpers, there have been some really obvious listings in the last couple of weeks.

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

A couple of LB that sold recently on YHJ.

Looks like these hit the actual worth being listed individually rather than the crazy markups on ebay. Hopefully the market has peaked and all prices are coming down - maybe not for stone cobra though!

Killer Hound - 1981 Yen http://page15.auctio...tion/t378320106
Strong Hurricane with a shield - 3355 yen http://page15.auctio...tion/t388335553

Again I will never buy a LB off the ebay scalpers, there have been some really obvious listings in the last couple of weeks.

But the main question here is, rather than the low prices, did these indeed sell!?

I have been pretty pissed on my bidding service lately since I took down that exact some Hound a couple of weeks or so ago for a price even higher than that but the purchase was cancelled by the seller since somehow his reserve was not met or something. Seems like Yahoo JP somehow has an option or a way out for a seller to cancel his listing even after it ended which means that there is a big chance the person who purchased those can expect the same outcome considering the fact I did not get it either while the price I won it for was even higher.

The chances you are indeed becomming lucky with a bargain on Yahoo Japan are getting less and less and I am afraid this also goes for this buyer....

When it comes to the Stone Cobra that is really a figure on its own and prices paid for that figure cannot be compared to any other BB figure out there.

The most recent ones sold for 500+ BUT only the first one of those last 3 was in good condition while the others both had issues of which the last one ranging also over 500 seemed to be pretty beat up with discoloration and other fading issues. $1000 seems like a strange price for a Stone Cobra but for a figure in good condition and without any issues that is not a to strange price because its the most rare figure out there and it has almost reached mythical proportions amongst collectors world wide and the recent one in poor condition sold is the perfect example of this.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

But the main question here is, rather than the low prices, did these indeed sell!?

I have been pretty pissed on my bidding service lately since I took down that exact some Hound a couple of weeks or so ago for a price even higher than that but the purchase was cancelled by the seller since somehow his reserve was not met or something. Seems like Yahoo JP somehow has an option or a way out for a seller to cancel his listing even after it ended which means that there is a big chance the person who purchased those can expect the same outcome considering the fact I did not get it either while the price I won it for was even higher.

The chances you are indeed becomming lucky with a bargain on Yahoo Japan are getting less and less and I am afraid this also goes for this buyer....

Tough break, I think some Japanese sellers don't like shipping overseas (or even dealing with bidding services) that send overseas so they can cancel just after its sold, they might have previously had a bad experience with the service you use. But I can confirm these did indeed sell ^_^  We can debate prices until the cows come home but I think the opposite - less new buyers, less demand = lower auction prices, unless their are some LB armies being formed in the shadows!  There are even some buy nows on ebay that have been relisted on and off for a couple of months now.

Edited by Skullcruncher, 19 August 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#10 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

i recently paid $1,000 for a stone cobra...

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

is there a reason you paid that much? We saw two go last year for exactly half that.

#12 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:53 AM

Sounds like you recently paid a lot.  haha....

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

For me it's just unreasonable to pay so much for the premium figures like the stone cobra and striped carp, knowing that they're just the normal figures with a paint/stain washed over them. I get that SC is a mail-away so that in itself holds some mystique, but in the end you're really paying for the notion of exclusivity, not the figure.

I'm 100% satisfied with my Stone Cobra custom; it's not a difficult paintjob to replicate for someone who knows what they're doing. If you have an SC sized hole in your display that you want to fill without breaking the bank, find a spare normal Cobra and get in touch with ersico ;)

#14 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, I've painted Stone Cobra paintjobs before, not a huge deal. I would be sad if one day someone bought one as the real deal, but it would be pretty obvious once in hand.

#15 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:26 AM

is there a reason you paid that much? We saw two go last year for exactly half that.

Both of them were not in a good condition and one even had grass or moss growing over it, both had serious discoloration issues as well, so these prices have to be placed in the right perspective. Prices via Yahoo are generally lower but with additional costs and bidding fees for intermediate services add up a little as well.

When it comes to premium figures like that the price is also based upon condition similar to the fact that paint/discoloration issues make an easy difference of a couple of bucks for normal BB so its not that strange seeing even poor condition Stone Cobra fetching such prices. Within the last years not even a handfull of Stone Cobra´s in good condition have shown. I paid close to a $1000 myself as well for the Stone Cobra a couple years ago. When is the last time we´ve seen a Stone Cobra out on Ebay!?!? I´ve no doubt one in good condition would hit over $1000 out there during a good period.

For those legendary beasts its not only about the price because even with a bag of $$ its not a matter of how much your willing/able to pay but IF you can actually find one.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#16 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

i paid $1,000 because i didn't think i would get another chance for a very long time to buy one due to how rare they are and plus i was assured that this one is in very good condition. 

#17 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

i paid $1,000 because i didn't think i would get another chance for a very long time to buy one due to how rare they are and plus i was assured that this one is in very good condition. 

I understand the cost of opportunity concern for sure; I think we've all felt that. It's just been my experience that another one (whatever it is) will eventually turn up, so I'm playing the patience game. I just can't justify $1000 for a repaint.

When is the last time we´ve seen a Stone Cobra out on Ebay!?!? I´ve no doubt one in good condition would hit over $1000 out there during a good period.

So there's no doubt in your mind that a normal, auction style listing for SC would reach over $1000? Or are you suggesting that a BiN for $1k+ would sell easily? Personally, I would expect the normal auction to peak around $650 and the BiN to be relisted ad nauseam like the majority of other high end BB/LB stuff currently on eBay. My personal observations and purchases tell me that eBay prices exist for the uninformed and/or those with more expendable income than patience. That's a pretty thoroughly trodden discussion on here. I mean, you know as well as I do that the majority of us do our best to get stuff from Japan, and that most of what's on eBay is listed with a premium to produce a profit. That's fine and all, but let's call it what it is. 

TL;DR

eBay price =! item value

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battle Beasts, Stone Cobra

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com