#1 deano9

deano9

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Hi guys

Just spotted these repro shields for laser beasts on ebay. The chap does all shields from 76-112.

They seem pretty good. I only have 1-76 BB so don't know much about these shields but they seem an extremely good repro.

Deano

http://www.ebay.com/...437536567&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/...857940017&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/...857950641&rt=nc

#2 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Thats a member from here Tokyo-never.

They are extremely well done!Factory mold and everything!

#3 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Thats a member from here Tokyo-never.
They are extremely well done!Factory mold and everything!

Yep I have a full repro Claw set from this guy - top notch work!

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

more of a "Sightings" post really, but here's the existing thread about these: http://www.littlerub...9156&hl=shields

but yeah I have a set of the vintage reproductions and a set of 12 sleds. I eventually plan to get more sleds so all of my LBs can be kitted out (though I've found that not all of them are big enough to wear them across their backs)

Edited by bachamn, 19 April 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#5 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Is there a thread that would have all the links to the repro stuff out there? If not that may be a good idea. I know purest don't like it but with the BB prices going up it may be the only way some people can get there collection of the laser beasts kick started.

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

Well, there's a thread about the lasers but posting in there almost always results in some sort of whining or drama. I do own quite a bit of reproduction stuff though so I could eventually make a post or two about them on my site, that could be fun.  Does suck that tokyonever's site for the shields and sleds is no longer up; I guess it probably wasn't generating enough cashflow. Hopefully they'll still be available for a bit longer.

with the BB prices going up it may be the only way some people can get there collection of the laser beasts kick started.

fwiw, at the moment BB prices are down about 30% from when I started re-collecting in 2012 :)

#7 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

I ordered the repro stuff from laser-shields.com back in 2013 when he first opened, I must of been Johnny's first order. I ended up buying every type of shield in every color and 30 or so sleds so that I could turn my Shield Battler-6 into the Shield Battler-36. Now all my Laser Beasts are ridiculously geared up to the max, with a shield on each arm and also dual laser guns (1 original 1 repro) while being on their sled with another shield mounted on it with another laser gun attached. Totally over equipped to the max. I spent a thousand or so to upgrade my set with these repros, and I can say they are of the finest quality. Was worth it for me to enhance my collection. I mean I would of never been able to afford to get that many sleds otherwise. I was surprised to see his site down, but I atleast got one of everything from the shop, so I didn't miss anything. If you want the reference, here is a link: http://laser-shields.blogspot.fr/

Edited by FANtomCore, 20 April 2015 - 06:44 AM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

I ordered the repro stuff from laser-shields.com back in 2013 when he first opened, I must of been Johnny's first order. I ended up buying every type of shield in every color and 30 or so sleds so that I could turn my Shield Battler-6 into the Shield Battler-36. Now all my Laser Beasts are ridiculously geared up to the max, with a shield on each arm and also dual laser guns while being on their sled with another shield mounted on it with another laser gun attached. Totally over equipped to the max. I spent thousand to upgrade my set with these repros, and I can say they are of the finest quality. Was worth it for me to enhance my collection. I mean I would of never been able to afford to get that many sleds otherwise. I was surprised to see his site down, but I atleast got one of everything from the shop, so I didn't miss anything. If you want the reference, here is a link: http://laser-shields.blogspot.fr/

yeah I never went fully in on the custom-design shields, the lower-12 obviously because I already had the ones Coelacanth and I put out. I noticed that on the upper-12's too there's some Beasts that don't do well with a shield (or sled, like I mentioned before) 

Assuming you picked up a set of the reproduction lasers when they were around too? I ended up selling off most of the ones from my set, but I did keep an extra Sea Panic laser so he's dual-wielding as well with one in-hand and another mounted on top of the shield on his arm. looks badass  e+

#9 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

yeah I never went fully in on the custom-design shields, the lower-12 obviously because I already had the ones Coelacanth and I put out. I noticed that on the upper-12's too there's some Beasts that don't do well with a shield (or sled, like I mentioned before) 

Assuming you picked up a set of the reproduction lasers when they were around too? I ended up selling off most of the ones from my set, but I did keep an extra Sea Panic laser so he's dual-wielding as well with one in-hand and another mounted on top of the shield on his arm. looks badass  e+

I ordered 2 shield sets from you or was it Coelacanth actually, I plan to sand down 1 set out of the 2 so that it can fit the sleds. I mentioned this before that they were slightly too big too fit and modifications was necessary. I bought a set of repro lasers off ebay. I have a full set of original laser guns and full set of repro laser guns, although the repros are missing 3 out of the 36 guns. tokyo-never, no longer has his site up, but he will often sell those repros on his ebay account since he invested $6,000+ on it from the molds and probably hasn't quite made his money back yet even though I dropped a thousand on his store. I asked if he'd do the drills but he said unlikely since the molds are too costly, and seeing from the fact his shop closed down, it's guaranteed he will not be repro-ing the drills :/

Edited by FANtomCore, 20 April 2015 - 06:57 AM.

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Moved to the Sightings section.

#11 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

Yeah I wish there were still laser repros going on they would make my spending on laser beast go way down when I start collecting them.

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#12 deano9

deano9

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

Does anyone know if there are any Battle Beast weapon repro's out there? Or know of anyone that makes them?

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:22 AM

Does anyone know if there are any Battle Beast weapon repro's out there? Or know of anyone that makes them?

Nilla has the weapons for the few Beasts he's cast up in rubber, but overall it's not something that has ever really been tackled. I feel like I read about Marty making some customs at some point, but overall the price/availability of the originals isn't that awful (for most) to warrant reproductions I guess.

#14 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

Would love to have dual weilding Battle Beasts, but yeah just not worth the efforts to cast every weapon I guess.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com