1261 replies to this topic

#126 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, and while that is awesome of them, the real frustration is the shoddiness of the Toysaurus empire, and them not getting the product onto shelves in a timely fashion.

#127 ravenjack

ravenjack

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

There are two guys in this thread willing to hook people up with the whole first wave at cost. That's what i did since i can't get them otherwise. Even ebay is pretty lacking in these.

Found them in Clearwater,FL yesterday. Got myself a set and there were 2 12 packs and about 5 of the 3 packs left. I'll offer the same deal at cost plus shipping if you want some, but I won't be back out that way until friday.

The sculpts and size are pretty decent, but I am really looking forward to the humans.

Edited by ravenjack, 12 March 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#128 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, and while that is awesome of them, the real frustration is the shoddiness of the Toysaurus empire, and them not getting the product onto shelves in a timely fashion.

I feel your frustration, and agree it's awesome for board members to help out but adding the cost of shipping to something that really should be stocked everywhere isn't worth it. I've had a sour taste for Toys R Us for some time now, just the way they handle business is very bad.

#129 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

i'm one of the people that will grab stuff for board members.....i got plasticsoul a set, plastic i'm still scrounging for that muscle fig you want before i ship these out if that's cool, but to anybody and everybody i don't mind grabbing you guys some. just keep in mind my sales tax in tennessee is 9.75%(ouch)

#130 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

I agree with the dislike of TRU totally. The one here doesn't even stock new merchandise. It almost closed down awhile ago and now is all but dead.

Good news though now that i am able to share it with everyone! Humans will be in wave 2 randomly packed into every size assortment including 3 packs! That should make finding them much easier then it would be if they were only in blind assortments or 12 packs. The only thing these figures lacked was any type of randomization but that will change with the hunters mixing things up.

No problem jason76basin i don't mind waiting at all bro.

Edited by PlasticSoul, 12 March 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#131 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well, humans being dispersed in wave 2 is great news. Hopefully, that release will include more than 16 figures.
And hopefully, we'll get to see them on store shelves ;)

#132 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

i would imagine wave 2 will also consist of just 16 figures, possibly release just about 2 chase figs per wave, but they seem to have 5 or 6 waves planned for this year, so i would think around 16figs per wave to be the norm.

#133 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yeah according to the release dates someone posted here it will just be small waves until october when zombies will be done. Takes the thrill out of the hunt but it SHOULD make getting an actual set pretty easy.

Found a review link with WONDERFUL pictures of 12 of the figures.

http://that-figures....-1-12-pack.html

Edited by PlasticSoul, 13 March 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#134 James

James

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hey guys, I joined this forum specifically to discuss this line - which is the coolest line of modern toys I've ever seen. I found them at Toys R' Us a few days ago. I found them in the Pokemon/Creepy Crawler aisle, and there was just a small block of shelf space devoted to them. Here's a video review I made:

I can't wait to see what all the other figures are going to be, and I hope this line becomes successful and lasts for several years.

#135 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hey guys, I joined this forum specifically to discuss this line - which is the coolest line of modern toys I've ever seen. I found them at Toys R' Us a few days ago. I found them in the Pokemon/Creepy Crawler aisle, and there was just a small block of shelf space devoted to them. Here's a video review I made:

I can't wait to see what all the other figures are going to be, and I hope this line becomes successful and lasts for several years.

Welcome! and cool review

#136 James

James

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

Welcome! and cool review

Thanks.

I'm really excited to see all the other figures they're going to do. Jakks said they have over 100 planned for this year, and if they're all as good as these first 16 it's going to be interesting.

Here's the price guide I've come up with so far.

King Guts
Grave Lincoln
Neil Armgone
Rigormortis Lourdes
Jon B. Gone
Brain Eatin' Brandon
Decayin' Don
The Corroding Kid...I have these all worth 63 cents each, based on the fact that they are produced twice as much as the package exclusive figures.

Erik the Dead
Gutslingin' Grimm
Cap'n Scurvy Jack
Inspector Bones.....In my opinion the coffin exclusives are all worth $1.25 each.

Mighty-Bite Mac
Piece Mail Pete
Officer R.I.P.
Headless Halpert....The 3 pack exclusives I calculate are all worth $2.75 each. This seems expensive, but consider that the only reason to pay $4 for a 3-pack is to get one of those exclusives, thus the majority of the 3-pack cost comes from that figure.

Of course this is just for now, and all these prices are subject to change depending on what Jakks does, how the line sells, etc.

Edited by James, 13 March 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#137 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Are they in Columbus yet? Nooooooooooo.

#138 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Are they in Columbus yet? Nooooooooooo.

:wallbash: Yep same story at TRU around here in Cali...I got an answer that I know is wrong (at least I hope) but one guy at TRU said they won't be carrying them ever at that store

#139 James

James

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Are you guys looking next to the Creepy Crawler stuff?

#140 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm looking throughout the whole store.

#141 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Are you guys looking next to the Creepy Crawler stuff?

Yep I've looked everywhere at multiple TRU's and even have the item number, which is how I was told that won't be carried

#142 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, went yesterday to TRU, still no dice. I guess Chicago is such a small city that they didn't bother to have a varied inventory. They did finally stock some GI joe stuff, for the past couple of months the aisle with the Joe tag had other random army toys but not a single GI Joe branded item, cept for 1 mech thing, and I don't mean 1 product, I mean 1 box. Man is that store run poorly.

#143 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Still not in MD near me. Thinking about pre-ordering the next wave's 12 pack on Entertainment Earth just in case my TRU never gets them. The $5 shipping is less than I've wasted in gas looking for them.

Edit: Pre-ordered this set coming in May:
"S.L.U.G. Zombies RIP Tombstone Carrying Case Set
This case of 4x individually packaged carry cases includes:
2x S.L.U.G. Zombies RIP Tombstone Carrying Case V1
2x S.L.U.G. Zombies RIP Tombstone Carrying Case V2"

$43 including shipping for four 12 packs. I've got kids, so the extra set works for me. I'll just hit up TRU for the 3 packs if I ever see them.

Edited by iwao, 16 March 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#144 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I checked a Chicagoland TRU thinking I'd have luck, but no dice. :verymad:

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#145 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, I hit up TRU after work again today, and nuffin'.

#146 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

i'm hitting my toys r us this weekend to see if wave 2 is out there yet, they had wave 1 extremely early, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for them doing wave 2 pretty quickly also.

#147 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hot damn. I may break my resolve, if you guys get series two before we do. I want a few of those wrestler zombies, and humans RULL BAHD.

#148 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

none in Philly yet...

#149 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

i'll post most likely tomorrow if there's series 2 here yet, my goal is to hit the flea market then toys r us. i may sleep in and forget about the flea though

#150 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

i'll post most likely tomorrow if there's series 2 here yet, my goal is to hit the flea market then toys r us. i may sleep in and forget about the flea though

Hey Jason where do you live that your toys r us had them? The tRu website doesn't even have them on there anymore.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com