#301 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

So excited for the future of this line. I'm so in love with the fact that they're doing characters from the revival series - Hoping they do more of the Perfect Large Numbers, I'd love to get Peek A Boo 

Also the rest of the 7 Devils (Springman and SteCasse King would be so interesting as this type of super articulated figure) and I'm really really holding out hope they move on to some Throne Scramble characters too - I'd love Mariposa in this style of figure, and though I'm not holding my breath as far as team members, how cool would characters like Mixer Taitei be in this style?

I voted for Junkman, Springman and Satan Cross in the vote thingy so I really hope they continue rolling out this awesome mix of new and old stuff

I'm so excited for the Sunshine, definitely the best Sunshine figure any company has made IMO

I normally collect the Romando line, but there are certain characters that just have lame Romando (Sunshine, Black Hole, etc) so it's awesome to have an alternative

#302 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

I really would love a Junkman.

And I have a feeling that Polarman isn't too out the question, seeing as we were just given OCE Warsman with claws broken the same as they were during their match. And probably Psychoman. He gets a lot of visibility, and fought Buffaloman, who we already have a PLN figure of.

Turboman was also a big player, and would fit with their releases of Buffaloman and Psychoman. And to top it off, Springman finishes that PLN tag match, and also fills the hole missing in the Suguru+Mongolman vs. Buffaloman+Springman.

#303 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

I really would love a Junkman.

And I have a feeling that Polarman isn't too out the question, seeing as we were just given OCE Warsman with claws broken the same as they were during their match. And probably Psychoman. He gets a lot of visibility, and fought Buffaloman, who we already have a PLN figure of.

Turboman was also a big player, and would fit with their releases of Buffaloman and Psychoman. And to top it off, Springman finishes that PLN tag match, and also fills the hole missing in the Suguru+Mongolman vs. Buffaloman+Springman.

Yeah I'm not too far into the revival series yet but just based on volume covers it seems like Pyschoman gets pretty prominent, I'm definitely expecting a figure of him

Springman is my favorite OG villain so I'll probably explode if/when they announce him

I just love the fact that we're finally getting figures of the brand new characters. I'm trying to 100% this line so I'll buy whatever they make! It would be cool if they could do a figure of Meat somehow. Like maybe reissue Kinnikuman again with a different color scheme and put Meat with him

Junkman is one of my most wanted for sure - There's something about his design that I just love and his Romando is one of the weaker ones. I need a better version of him. I've had my eye on the CCP Junkman that came out recently too

Edited by unclevatred, 05 January 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#304 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

It would be cool if they could do a figure of Meat somehow. Like maybe reissue Kinnikuman again with a different color scheme and put Meat with him

Yeah, I've been hoping for a Meat for a while. It'd be great if he came as a glorified accessory pack for Suguru. A bowl of gyudon, chop stick hands, and a couple goofy faces for Suguru. That might be asking for a lot, but I could see that being a must-have for fans.
I guess the SpiceSeed Meat kinda does the job...But not at that price!

#305 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:25 AM

Yeah, I've been hoping for a Meat for a while. It'd be great if he came as a glorified accessory pack for Suguru. A bowl of gyudon, chop stick hands, and a couple goofy faces for Suguru. That might be asking for a lot, but I could see that being a must-have for fans.
I guess the SpiceSeed Meat kinda does the job...But not at that price!

Spiceseed's stuff is so nice but yeah the pricing is insane. I'd love to get their Spring Man statue but their stuff is waaay over my cap for what I'd pay for any figure.

I don't have a single figure of Meat, now that I'm thinking about it. The Romando line is the one I'm big into collecting but their version of Meat is kinda weird. I'd need an actual SH Figuarts Meat to go with my SHF's though - It would bother me to have some other company's version of him posed with the SHF's. I'm super anal about posing things together with matching lines and stuff.

#306 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

16508801_10155069295180530_6466142552294

Another recolour on the way!

#307 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

16508801_10155069295180530_6466142552294

Another recolour on the way!

I'm actually stoked for this figure. The head is new, I love the colors, and I just love that they're doing figures of brand new characters

#308 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

9,180 yen, preorders open on the 10th.

wdguNRB.jpg

kU1CUfb.jpg

#309 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

bFGSDeR.jpgHdRvkId.jpg

#310 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

All new skirt segments as well.

Here is a review of both Ramenman and Nemesis:

http://bandai11.blog...entry-2348.html

#311 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

Nice, saw this on NY the other day. I'll be pre-ordering it for sure. It was a good choice from the prototypes shown given the current hype around the fight between Shogun and Budo! I was really hoping to see Silverman though!

Same release month as DBZ Nappa.......August is gonna be an expensive month I feel!

#312 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Even more cool shots, especially of Nemesis.

http://tamashii.jp/akiba_sr/?p=4554

Also, this great shot of Ramenman and Lee

P2350253-680x511.jpg

#313 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Same price as Big last year, but with one less head and (it looks like) no extra clip stand, as seen below.

g6PZyeg.jpg

That said, I didn't end up getting Big the Budo last summer, but Strong's color scheme is more appealing, so I'll probably pick him up. 
Preorders are open now on Nippon-Yasan

EDIT: He does actually come with the big arm for the Tamashii stages. That's a plus! 

Edited by HobbyQuest, 10 February 2017 - 05:29 PM.

#314 Sonny545

Sonny545

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:51 PM

Just placed my pre-order at the premium bandai store but I can't say that I'm really excited about him. I hope they will announce some new characters soon, I'm not a big fan of the recolors, especially when we are still missing a bunch of other characters. 

#315 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

This may sound like rambling, but I hope I do a good job on this post.

Right now, a lot of people are deciding whether or not to go with SH Figuarts Street Fighter figures, or Storm Collectibles Street Fighter figures.

xRKOmYi.jpg

Storm has stated that they aim to marry western styled sculpting with eastern styled articulation and accessories.
I think we can clearly see what they mean by this by examining how Ryu's arm is sculpted. There is a lot of exaggerated realism going on there, with a lot of character.

The SH Ryu's arm is clearly a muscular arm, but it's abstracted. In order for me to get a better idea of the character in that arm, it helps to look at his arm compared to other SH figures with similar arm structures.

sG0P8Uz.jpg

You can see that against these Kinnikuman figures, his arms are characterized by his shoulders the most. Kinnikuman has a chunkiness, with the greatest quantity of developed muscles. Ramenman has slender, straight arms, that convey a sense of great power within a small frame. Nemesis has sculpted, refined arms. One of the most fun things for me in the SH line is to compare how Bandai sculpted in all these unique characteristics to each character's musculature, while being very subtle about the differences.

Back to Storm Collectibles, their statement of leaning toward a Western style of sculpting reminds me of my belief that a NECA Bruce Lee would have a far better body sculpt compared to the SH Bruce Lee, although would likely not have as much range of motion.
NECA just has as great sense of capturing a person's anatomy, and the way clothing fits on the body, as well as the textures of different fabrics. This is what leads me to prefer the NECA Dark Knight Joker over either the Mafex or the SH Joker figures.

Well, low and behold, Storm has sculpted Bruce Lee statues in scale with their MK and SF figures.
ZkDSUMQ.jpg

Imagine how great that figure would be if it were articulated. So far, the Storm Collectibles action figures pose very well, while still retaining the sculpt. It would destroy the SH Bruce Lee.

Storm has also made some really amazing 1:6 and 1:4 Hulk Hogan sculpting.

XDscysI.png

With this 2-second Photoshop, I now believe Storm Collectibes is the company who could give us the best Kinnikuman action figures done in the realistic style of the CCP statues.

I don't mean to say I want Storm Kinnikuman figures instead of SH Kinnikuman figures; I want them in addition to.

Both companies make great figures, and Storm doing just one or two Kinnikuman characters would likely add a bunch of new fans to the series.

I don't even need a whole cast of Storm Kinnikuman figures. They can just start small and see how it goes from there, let SH be comprehensive about it. Although I should mention that in just a short time, Storm has already given/promised 4 totally unique characters.

However, I will say, I do wish Storm had the WWE license instead of SH. I don't really know too much about real life pro-wrestling, but Storm WWE would no doubt be objectively better than the SH figures, and make for some amazing figures.

Edited by toyhandle, 17 February 2017 - 10:52 PM.

#316 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

I don't have any SH Figuarts but I'm considering these. If someone doesn't mind answering,how do these scale against other SHF brands? Like could I later get a Stone Cold or Leonardo and pose them fighting? Also I'm seeing the ring on Amazon for 20 bucks. Is that the whole thing or just a corner? Will it fit 2 wrestlers?

#317 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

The ring is a corner. You'd need two to complete half a ring, or four to flesh one out entirely. I think I asked before and it was determined they couldn't be made into a super-sized 3x3 ring if you had nine of the stands. They come in blue and red so some variety is possible.

Figuarts aren't inherently intended to scale with one another in separate franchises, but are typically of a similar size. Nothing would be wrong with the examples you suggested.

#318 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Just when you thought your wallet was safe...!

mainvisual_170222.jpg

#319 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Ashuraman (OCE) July 2017 release. Standard release! Not P-Bandai! I thought for sure he was gonna be an exclusive. Nifty pauldrons included. 
7,560円, so should be about ~5,500 yen with the typical Amiami discount before shipping.

img27_main_z.jpgimg27_sm02_z.jpg

Edited by HobbyQuest, 21 February 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#320 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Brocken Jr. (OCE) July 2017 release. Also a standard release! Nice move, Bandai. New hatless head, too.

5,940円, and should be around 4,300 yen on Amiami.

img26_main_z.jpg

img26_sm02_z.jpg

#321 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

Finally (and least excitingly), a new ring corner set. This time around, there're three chairs included. Same mold as Team Soldier's folding chairs, so if you've been keeping up with releases so far, this probably isn't too appealing. In fact, it might just be for the WWE SHF crowd who want a more neutral option to the previous ring corners.

img01_main.jpg

#322 maximusprime888

maximusprime888

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

oh my those are all sweet!

#323 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Let's take a look at those shoulder pads.

My guess is that we get those, as well as a pair that have the pincers out.

Could this also indicate an OCE Ninja? And possibly Satan Cross? Maybe OCE Ninja will have the pads with the pincers out, like the old romando.

xjBLn0X.png

2z0iyoh.jpg

tnd2p9x.jpg

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Ashuraman come with three of his Crying Face.

F1h8suZ.png

#324 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Now to talk about Brocken Jr.'s Unmasked face,

I'd say this all but confirms an upcoming OCE The Ninja release. The expression comes directly from his match against The Ninja as he's dangling over the Scorching Hell. They even picture The Ninja in the promo shot! I just hope it's the same body as the previous version, and not the chain mail body below. Would be surprised if they did that, but not surprised if they gave us the chain mail head from the Satan Cross fight.

x9rlajT.png

4GwpK7K.png

Edited by toyhandle, 21 February 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#325 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

Damn all these OCE releases!

I'm onboard for Brocken Jr. He's one of my favourite characters and the new edition is more than just a repaint.

Ashuraman on the other hand is straight repaint bar some jewelry changes. I can't justify the purchase so he goes on the pass list along with Warsman and Robin Mask OCE.

Guess this leaves Neptuneman, Terryman, Sunshine and Silverman to go.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com