No replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

NightmareChica.png

We're back to Five Nights at Freddy's 4, and the nightmares! Chica is, of course, one of the first two animatronics you see in most FNaF games, along with Bonnie, and thus it's no surprise that Nightmare Chica and Nightmare Bonnie tag-team you early in the game. Chica was always kind of creepy, mostly because teeth do not belong on stuffed birds, but Nightmare Chica ups the ante quite well. And even the cupcake gets in on the action, too!

NightmareChica-Stand.png

SCULPT: ***

Like most of the other figures in this series, Nightmare Chica has the problem of representing negative space with painted-black plastic. It's not as apparent as it is with some of the other figures, and actually looks slightly more convincing. The mouth is kind of an issue, but overall Nightmare Chica looks like she should.

NightmareChica-Face.png

PAINT: **1/2

When I bought this figure, I had about five or six Nightmare Chicas to choose from. This one had the best paint. Notice how her eyes are horribly lopsided, with the red one compleely missing its mark - that was the best paint job I could find. If you can find a figure with decently-applied paint, it'll be a good thing, but that's a big if.

NightmareChica-Side.png

ARTICULATION: ***1/2

Nightmare Chica has the same articulation as everybody else in the line, complete with limbs that pop off easily rather than break. It's pretty consistent.

NightmareChica-Cupcake.png

ACCESSORIES: N/A

Nightmare Chica comes with no accessories. Now, see the cupcake in her hand? That's a separate object, which she only carries some of the time and which acts on its own for at least one jump scare. She should have come with it as an accessory. But no, it's sculpted into her hand. That's just weak, especially since the original Chica figure in Series 1 came with Cupcake as a separate object. Nightmare Cupcake isn't even held in a way that works for any of Chica's poses. To be honest, it may have soemthing to do with the BAF part she comes with - she's got its torso and head. But again, this was not an issue with the previous Chica figure.

NightmareChica-Rage.png

THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR

The figure is pretty durable, so you should be good to go.

NightmareChica-TwinCupcakes.png

VALUE: ****

All of my criticism is moot when you realize that this is a $10 figure.  Value like this is utterly fantastic- and it's better-quality than some $15 toys, too.

NightmareChica-Pumpkin.png

WHERE TO BUY

Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Gamestop - pretty much anywhere.

NightmareChica-Comparison.png

OVERALL: **1/2

The cupcake is egregious. Well, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say, but it's true. The way they handled Nightmare Cupcake is really messed up, especially considering the way Cupcake was included in the ordinary Chica figure. Other than that bit of weirdness, and the dodgy paint, it is a good toy - it has a better likeness than some of the figures in this wave, and even has a Gamestop-exclusive variant, which we'll see soon enough.

NightmareChica-Neon.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com