• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

I was wondering if there was a remake of the BB poster out there? Has someone scanned it in and has a pdf I could print off? I wanted one, but didn't want to spend a ton on a mint poster. Anyhow if you know of any let me know I am more than willing to buy one! Thanks

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#2 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

BTW I would be willing to spend like $25-30 on an English version poster if this is available feel free to pm me.

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

I'm not sure on the value of these things. I got mine for, what I consider to be, a steal.

Got it in a lot with all kinds of goodies for $120, but I do think I got a spectacular deal and that is not indicative of it's actual price. Mine is also the Canadian English/French poster, I'm not sure if that raises/lowers/does anything for value.

I inquired about a repro awhile back, I don't remember anything coming out of it. I think it's just too big and nobody in our little collector group has the means to scan it. Not to mention that they are frequently found in beat up shape, (it's giant paper after all). Mine is in pretty rough shape.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

jkairs has the means to reproduce the BB poster since he is able to reproduce the MUSCLE poster and put them up for sale, but he can't get ahold of an original BB poster reasonably.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

I have it on my 'to do' list

though, I only have a copy of the Japanese poster to scan...

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

I work with a print shop that makes signs, banners, and stickers all day long.  We can make paper posters, but customers rarely want these as printing on vinyl or canvas looks so much better -- and the prints are much, much more durable.  We make art pieces, and most importantly we make vinyl stickers and signs for businesses to put on their doors and windows.  We can make incredible stickers and wraps for vehicles too.  Just something to keep in mind, as I may be able to help people out here with their creative ideas.

I looked up the Battle Beasts poster. What I would suggest is doing a hi-res scan of each character separately.  With a lot of home-use scanners, you can remove the lid to do this. No need to have an industrial scanner. With some Photoshop work, I (or someone else) could take out the noisy background design, take off the banner at the top, move the logo to the center, work all the characters (in sharp detail) around the logo, and print as a single image with no creases or folds.  This would be an original art piece -- far more interesting than a reproduction.

Just some ideas.

Edited by steverotters, 09 March 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Well, my poster is in reasonable shape and it is intact. There are some definitive crease marks but the overall picture is pretty nice.

I'd be willing to send it out to have it scanned to whoever wants/is able, but I would need it back as fast as possible. It's one of the main pieces in my living room and it would mean having an empty frame hanging there for an extended period of time.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

I'd be willing to help chip in financially on such a project. The only creative I have for such projects is the ideas of the local kinkos and they are usually not great :) I am sure whoever put the time into could sell it and make at least some money for their efforts!

Edited by optimusdrizzt, 09 March 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#9 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Well, my poster is in reasonable shape and it is intact. There are some definitive crease marks but the overall picture is pretty nice.

I'd be willing to send it out to have it scanned to whoever wants/is able, but I would need it back as fast as possible. It's one of the main pieces in my living room and it would mean having an empty frame hanging there for an extended period of time.

I would take you up on that offer but it's probably best to talk with jkairs, since he just needs to get ahold of one (preferably the U.S. English version) and then he can reproduce it.

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

What I would suggest is doing a hi-res scan of each character separately... take out the noisy background design, take off the banner at the top, move the logo to the center, work all the characters (in sharp detail) around the logo, and print as a single image with no creases or folds.  This would be an original art piece -- far more interesting than a reproduction.

I agree that this sounds cool, but it's a bit different than what OP was requesting.

The poster being pre-folded means scanning it in those individual portions regardless of how big the bed is. I have access to an industrial copier/scanner/printer beast at my office which I'd rather use since my home scanner isn't large enough to be effective for this size of project. Transporting pieces of my collection into my office to scan is the main bottleneck in my process of getting all of the boxes digitized and restored like I've been planning to do for a long time now. This falls into that same category ;)

Might work with you on this once I see how it turns out with mine?

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I say, if someone is going to take the time to scan and print the poster, why not improve it too? 

If you guys just want reproductions including faux-creases and imperfections, then it sounds like you have the set-up.

I'm talking about a much more involved art-piece that would feature the logo in the center and all 72 characters around it, without the busy background and the banner.  Its the kind of thing an adult-fan would put in his living room. Provided a person has enough wall-space, you could display both. 

Anyway, here is one on ebay:   $20 current bid, free shipping, and 2 days left.  ***sightings*** 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4635ea7eed

Edited by steverotters, 09 March 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#12 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

What are the measurements of the existing promo poster?

(None of the current ebay sellers bothered to put dimensions)

Do the USA and Japanese posters feature the exact same characters and identical depictions of each character?

Attached Files

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

I say, if someone is going to take the time to scan and print the poster, why not improve it too? 

If you guys just want reproductions including faux-creases and imperfections, then it sounds like you have the set-up.

Well, it's the difference between having a digitally restored reproduction of an original printed piece and a custom designed piece of fan art. I agree that it could be fun to do something like that, but it's different than what was being requested. And of course, I remove any noticeable creases or other imperfections when I'm working on a scan. That's the whole "restoration bit" ;)

here's a previous restoration I did on a scan of the MIMP logo: http://www.littlerub...209833&p=575175

I'm talking about ...the kind of thing an adult-fan would put in his living room.

Well, my poster...is one of the main pieces in my living room

:p

Edited by bachamn, 09 March 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#14 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

I like your idea, Steve, but I do have to agree that they meant "remake" in the sense of a replica of the vintage poster. Not the greatest use of the word, but it is what it is.

My poster is in much better condition than that one, as mine isn't missing chunks. The crease lines in mine are a little more pronounced, but I'm sure it's easier to fix creases than missing chunks of poster.

I am no digital wizard though, so I could be wrong.

Edited by Draznar, 09 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

I am no digital wizard though, so I could be wrong.

Creases suck because they usually extend the length of the whole freaking scan but it's relatively easy (albeit time consuming) to get rid of them

but I'm not a wizard, I just play one on the internet  :sorcerer:

#16 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

I make custom designed pieces of fan art.  If anyone wants to pursue this avenue, let me know.  There was an individual on here who made a vectorized image of one of the Battle Beasts.  (I can't find the post.) I believe it was original -- it was a front view, completely symmetrical, with bold colors.  It would have looked perfect as a sticker or a large print.  I can make precision-cut wall graphics on premium vinyl.  If anyone has heard of the brand name Fatheads -- we do exactly this.  I could take a photo or a drawing of a Battle Beast and make a vinyl decal of that image to stick on your wall. I could make it look like a 3ft or a 6ft Battle Beast is standing in your living room, or busting through the wall even.  Logos of your favorite toylines would look amazing as precision-cut vinyl applied directly to your wall, or even your car.  

As far as this poster idea, I would like to pursue designing something different (perhaps similar to this Pop Funko poster) that presents the Battle Beasts crisply and clearly without the promotional aspect associated with selling the toys.  I could use the images from the original promo poster or the redesign theme that I alluded to above. Or photos of each toy even. 

I've been told that this is off topic (and I agree that it is NOW), so if anyone wants to pursue these ideas, just PM me. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 09 March 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

I've been told that this is off topic (and I agree that it is NOW), so if anyone wants to pursue these ideas, just PM me. 

It isn't off topic, I think it's par for the course and a great idea. Depending on the size, i would even consider getting one. We're just trying to address what we think Optimus' main concern is.

<p> </p>
<p>

#18 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Sorry about my wording guys! I was interested in a replica because I thought it was the easiest option, however after reading this thread I'd be fine with either/or. I would just like to have an awesome BB poster up behind my collection. I think either project would do well. Although wouldn't it be easier to get a solid replica template and customize it off of that? 

#19 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Draznar, what is the size of the original poster? 

What would be the size of your ideal poster?

#20 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

I hope jkairs sells those repro MUSCLE posters again. They were for $14.99 on his ebay, but I don't know if he will make more. I'm checking ebay and this guy is trying to sell a real MUSCLE poster for $250. Yeah I'll take a $15 repro poster over a $250 real poster anyday of the week. So I been waiting for someone to put out a repro BB poster as well, since their are two benefits to getting a repro, 1 It's significantly cheaper. 2 It's in brand new condition.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

I have a high res scan already. I was trying to clean up the creases so I could pawn these off on eBay for $15 shipped, but don't have time.
If someone wants to spearhead this, I will email you the file.

Attached is an example of the creasing.

Attached File  bb-poster-creasing.png   2.25MB   14 downloads

Not bad, but not the best.

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Yep, only the Japanese one.

Email sent.

#23 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

For the first one, I just got rid of the crease and the background.

For the second one, I also bumped the contrast and saturation.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 09 March 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#24 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

I like the 1st image w/o the contrast boost. It has clearer margins and better details

#25 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

My poster is 29 1/2",tall, and 23 1/2" across.

If you guys are ok with Jkaris' Japanese poster, I won't worry about sending mine out. I'm fine with either or!

<p> </p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com