#1 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:vintage trash

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Anyone have any idea on what these are? There were no markings on any of them :-(

Attached Files

#2 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

Those are pretty damn cool.

They appear to be bootleg ultraman Kaiju keshi

Edited by MantisFang, 01 June 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#3 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

Those are pretty damn cool.

They appear to be bootleg ultraman Kaiju keshi

Awesome! I thought they looked familiar. Especially the bottom right and top left dudes. I love how rough they look. I wonder how old these figures are. 

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Hang on a second, don't be throwing around "Answereds" so flippantly!

If they're Ultraman monsters, I'd like to know which, seeing as I don't recognize any of them. :notme:

The red middle guy does kinda look like Melba, but the sculpt appears so mangled that it's hard to be sure. The middle yellow one looks like Mochiron if I squint at it while not wearing my glasses, but otherwise looks too much like a rock or gem monster instead. And I definitely don't recognize that crab.

#5 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...I am no where even kind of close to as knowledgeable as you are when it comes to Japanese monsters from all the various lines, but none of them looked familiar to me either. They certainly have the look and feel of bootleg Ultraman keshi, but I think they might be original generic creations. Super cool regardless!

#6 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

That toad- looking fella, on the bottom-left, is friggin-great.

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

That frog, amphibian or whatever is really cool! It's also the only one where I get some pang of familiarity, but I think it might be the pose and style of the figure rather than this particular design. The body and legs bunched together like that, oversized head, and the tail curling but near the body, all remind me of various dinosaur minis I've seen before, but not a specific one.

The three yellow-orange - I love this color, by the way - guys and the red crab almost look like designer sculpts that are intentionally emulating vintage kaiju toys, whereas the other red ones look more genuinely vintage and broken. I don't believe they actually are designer figures, but if someone told me that they were a Gargamel creation or something like that, I'd totally buy it.

#8 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

Haha I got trigger happy. I noticed I probably made a mistake on marking as solved when I couldn't find any Ultraman frog characters that matched up. 

EDIT: I hope we can somehow pinpoint where the heck these came from. These are from this big bag of toys I bought last month. Pretty much everything I've been posting lately has come from that one major purchase. I've just been slowly trying to ID them, pick the ones I want to keep and figure out which to sell and for how much. A lot of work :-*( haha but fun. 

Edited by retroworldkorea, 01 June 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#9 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

I can't shed any light on their identity, but I dig 'em! Especially the yellow birdlike one.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

They look like hand-made original sculpts to me.  These type of sculpts would be fairly easy to mold and cast at home.  What is the context in which you acquired them? 

#11 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

They look like hand-made original sculpts to me.  These type of sculpts would be fairly easy to mold and cast at home.  What is the context in which you acquired them? 

There is a dude at the flea market neighborhood with a little shack shop. He sells mostly old Japanese toys. He had a bin of keshi a while back that I was slowly picking through. I eventually just bought the entire tub. A few weeks later, he brought a mini tub filled with keshi just for me. These were in that tub. All of the stuff he sells there is usually quite old. But I have no clue where he gets any of this stuff from. Flea market people never reveal their sources haha. He also doesn't really know much about keshi and was surprised that I even wanted all of them haha. 

#12 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

Cool.  My vote is hand-cast original characters and not mass produced.  Like many of us here, collectors experiment with creating originals all the time.  His source probably made them or got them from someone who made them personally.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

I have most of these I've gotten in mixed lots, I'll take a look around and see if I can find a name

Edited by Ericnilla, 01 June 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#14 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

Is there anything that you DON'T have? Mad jelly at the amount of goodies you own. haha

#15 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

That frog/toad, pteradactyl and crab-thing are all awesome!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#16 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

I see two that resemble ultraman Kaiju.

The crab monster appears to be loosely based on Reigubas
$_1.JPG

and the one next to it looks like one that I can't find a pic of... Will post a pic if I can find one.

They aren't exact sculpts of course because they are definitely original bootlegs based on kaiju.

Sheesh you would have though i shot someone's grandmother. :{

Edited by MantisFang, 02 June 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#17 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

Damn they really know how to shape things eh... These kaiju Monsters are damn cool, especially the whatsyagonacallit on the top right

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Sheesh you would have though i shot someone's grandmother. :{

Wait... would you?

#19 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:22 AM

Perhaps, if she drew on me first... ;D
granny.jpg

Wait... would you?

#20 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Reicubas looks nothing like that crab monster other than the general idea that they're both crabs, and I suspect these are older than 1997, when he showed up in Ultraman Dyna. I'm glad Eric's run into these before, means identifying them is more likely and rules out the hand-made idea. We'll see what he turns up. I've had no luck on my end doing better to ID them.

#21 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Perhaps, if she drew on me first... ;D
granny.jpg

That looks like Christmas at my grandmas house.

And, if you wait for her to draw first, you'll be dead before you hit the floor.

Best to sneak up on her. Her hearing isn't what it used to be.

#22 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ultraman has the best crabs.

I stick by my statement.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#23 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

Sure it does.

It looks enough like that crab monster to compare them as having definite Ultra Kaiju influence.

Reicubas looks nothing like that crab monster

Edited by MantisFang, 02 June 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

. I'm glad Eric's run into these before, means identifying them is more likely and rules out the hand-made idea. We'll see what he turns up.

I hope someone can ID them, but having seen them before certainly does not rule out hand-made. 

#25 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

These are still a mystery. How sad :-(

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com