37 replies to this topic

#1 laserbeast

laserbeast

Beyond Budding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

I'm new to these, well kinda new, been collecting for little over a month now, heavily. I obtained the following figure on ebay a few months back on an impulse purchase, got it, stuck in a sealed bag and stashed it away. Being I am getting into these a little heavier I would like to know what it is, or more specific where it came from originally and if anywhere, I thought this would be the place to ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

As far as i know there were two Gold figures available with the UK Volcano set however these figures were from the UK series 1 (Galthasin has the gold figs im sure so he can confirm which sculpts they are)

The gold figure you have is a figure from the series two (i think his name is Stalactite the Unforseeable) as far as i know he is not yet available in gold for the uk so i imagine he is an italian figure. Perhaps one of the italian collectors can give us more insight into which figures were available in gold
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#3 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Those two Gold Figures are available with the new(ish) Series 2 playset: The cavern of Roscamar. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e...:1|240:1318

As you can see the figure shown on it is gold, and it comes with 2 different Earth tribe figures So I'm pretty certain that is where the new gold figures came from :)

Nocturin
Posted Image

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

There is a series of Gold figures that came with a backpack in Italy. There is also a set of exclusive Gold figures for the cartoon series which can be seen here Gold Gormiti. There is also three more gold and three silver "Playset" exclusives that belong to the Cartoon Series. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. I do not know much about the new UK series two but it sounds like they have gold figs too. I hope Gormiti is here to stay in the United States. I hate paying for shipping from Italy :)

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Those two Gold Figures are available with the new(ish) Series 2 playset: The cavern of Roscamar. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e...:1|240:1318

As you can see the figure shown on it is gold, and it comes with 2 different Earth tribe figures So I'm pretty certain that is where the new gold figures came from :)

Nocturin

God dammit! Apparently there are 5 exclusive figures for the UK series two. 2 are in the eggs, 2 are in the muraden and the peak of the eagle playsets and i assumed the other one would be available in the cavern of roscamar. I wonder if all the cavern of roscamar are gold figs or if you get normal colours like what happened with the volcano. The volcano set i got did not have gold figs so i assume i have the wave 1 volcano and the gold figs were maybe in the second wave volcano.... :) i dont really wanna buy two caverns to get the different variations, which is what i'll likely have to do with the volcano.

#6 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I believe all 5 Exclusive UK figures are available in the eggs, One in each of the 5 different eggs. So on the bright side if you have allready bought the Muraden and peak of the eagle play sets from series 1, you won't have to get them again to get the new figures. :)
Posted Image

#7 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

I believe all 5 Exclusive UK figures are available in the eggs, One in each of the 5 different eggs. So on the bright side if you have allready bought the Muraden and peak of the eagle play sets from series 1, you won't have to get them again to get the new figures. :)

In this picture below the first two figures The Whirlwind guy and the Turtle guy are available in the Muraden/Peak of the Eagle twin pack. From what i had gathered two other exclusives (fig.3 and 4) would be available in the magic eggs, so that would leave Bombos (fig.5) and i guess Stalactite (the figure in gold that is pictured by laserbeast). Although Stalactite does not seem to be regarded as exclusive according to the collectors leaflet. Between UK series two and the U.S. Final Evolution repaint variants collecting this line is getting complicated :)

Attached Files

#8 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Stalectite is deffinatly not an Exclusive figure as I got one In normal Booster (foil) packs. I believe it's just the gold ones that are exclusive to the Playset. I currently have a set of all 5 different magic eggs on order, they should be here at the start of next week. As soon as I've opened them, I'll let you know which Figures I got in them, and which egg they came in :)

If Bombos isn't exclusive to the Magic eggs I wonder what else he will be released with?

Nocturin

Oh and am I the only one wandering where the Cereal Exclusive figures are? I thought all great toy lines had to do some cereal figures? :)
I can allways keep wishing
Posted Image

#9 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Maybe they'll show up in
Canadian Shreddies boxes, :lol: , :D .
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#10 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

Maybe they'll show up in
Canadian Shreddies boxes, :lol: , :D .

Don't Make me come over there!
Posted Image

#11 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

In france 5 gold gormiti are available : 3 in the playset island of gorm, and 2 with the vulcano playset.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#12 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Gold gormiti in the Isle of Gorm?! In my UK one, I got 3 Of the Tribe Leaders and 3 un-opened Gormiti Foil packs, all of which were normal colours :lol:

What were the three gold figures in the French Isle of Gorm?
Posted Image

#13 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

Gold gormiti in the Isle of Gorm?! In my UK one, I got 3 Of the Tribe Leaders and 3 un-opened Gormiti Foil packs, all of which were normal colours :(

What were the three gold figures in the French Isle of Gorm?

here we have 2 different packages of the island od gorm. one like in UK, with Gheos etc..., and one with 3 golden figures, from serie 2. here you can see 2 of those 3 in the right

Posted Image

For the Volcano, we first had it with 2 lava gormiti (l'ange ardent & cracheur de feu - french names), and in a second wave the same volcano with rthe same 2 gormiti but in gold !!

Posted Image

Edited by trumanshower, 17 January 2009 - 11:29 AM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!

#14 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Crap pants! I don't wanna order the Island of Gorm until i am assured the Gold figures are in there, I know the gold figures are in the second wave of volcanoes, but be careful UKers be sure you are buying the 2nd wave

#15 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Are Gold gormiti figures just painted gold the kind that just wears off if there touched or are they in gold coloured plastic?
I want to know this because my mum bought a Island of gorm from Argos before Christmas for my brothers birthday thats soon and that came with 3 Series 2 Playset only Figures in Gold and im gonna try to get my brother to give me them for some of my spares he will probally ruin the paintjob on them hes not that carefull with his toys unlike me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

Acidonia - Can you see the gold figures without having to open the box? For example if i went into Argos and asked to see it would i be able to see if it contains the Gold ones?

#17 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

Acidonia - Can you see the gold figures without having to open the box? For example if i went into Argos and asked to see it would i be able to see if it contains the Gold ones?

No you can'nt see the gold figures without opening the box the box just says contains 3 figures theres nothing saying it has gold figures in the box. The box has series 1 and series 2 art work and series 1 and 2 figures on the package it is in 2 languages it has Island Of Gorm and la isla do gorm just under it.
The figures all come in a large clear sealed plastic bag the figures are 3,4 and 5 on this picture.
Posted Image

Edited by Acidonia, 19 January 2009 - 05:00 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

I find that Argos is allways happy to open boxes for you if you ask them nicely. Especially as when I got my Isle of Gorm it wasn't sealed atall. :yahoo: Just explain to the shop workers as there are different figures included and that you are looking for certain ones.
If they refuse to let you, you can allways buy one, open it there and then in the shop, then return it if it hasn't got gold figures in. If you do that once, they will happily let you open the boxes afterwards to avoid having to go through the rigmoral of refunding you repeatedly untill you get the pack you want :p

Nocturin
Posted Image

#19 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

here the box of wave 1 and 2 are a little different

#20 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

here the box of wave 1 and 2 are a little different

This is the box the Uk Gold Island of gorm come in its got the same image on both box sides.
Posted Image
And here are the figures.
Posted Image

And argos love to bring stuff out weeks before their real dates. Got the first wave of last years Yugioh tins 3 weeks before everywhere else started selling them. The tins came with the latest booster at the time that you could only get first edition prints of from the tins and the booster packs of that set came out like 3 weeks after the tins meaning the whole list of cards was known early.

Edited by Acidonia, 22 January 2009 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

I've been debating posting anything in this thread because of a bias I have. Ever since Mcfarlane toys painted some of their early figures gold in the 90's I've had a bad taste in my mouth about the idea. Does the gold paint really make the figure any cooler? Or is it just supposed to be neat that you can get the same figures you already own in a virtually pointless color scheme? Maybe you can treat them like trophies. Although I've been putting alot of thought into this and came up with two conclusions: 1. If a figure was given no paint aps but made out of clear plastic I would probably love it (Maybe it's the Predator fan in me) 2. If the figure was actually chromed in gold, silver, copper, or bronze colors I would probably dig it. Something about metal tone paints and metal tone plastics (not counting chrome finish) on toys comes off as cheapening the toy. This could have something to do with the inferior metal colored plastics that the toy companies used to use for figures or accessories that would commonly show little stress lines. Can anyone help shed some light on the interest in these gold Gormitis?

#22 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

i think what the main thing it comes down to is completing a collection. a lot of collectors are after all known variations and want to get every possible sculpt. just look at the several muscle collectors who are trying to complete a full color set. that's well over 1000 figures. plus, the time it takes to acquire the "rare" colors.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#23 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Yup! Gotta catch 'em all! When i was buying FOP i activley sought Xar because i HAD to have him. I don't like the figure at all, but he was kind of essential. The Gormiti gold figs are no where near as cack as Xar. It does piss me off a little that they do things like this as i have mentioned before i already have a Gormiti volcano and yet i am likely goin to have to buy another one as the set i got did not have the gold ones. I think as collectors we actual suffer from an illness. If i had every single Gormiti figure aside from the gold ones, i dont think i could sleep well at night. :)

Edited by musclemenkids, 25 January 2009 - 03:15 AM.

#24 Professor

Professor

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

The box on that photo looks exactly the same as the ones we have here in the Philippines. The price tag is uber expensive though, roughly around 65 USD. I bought the forest, volcano, sea, and air playsets and I have to honestly say that they all suck major ass. The island seems hella' sucky as well, but I dont think I can resist the temptation. :)

Ugh.
Filth fighters standing for all that is clean!

#25 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

$65!?! ouch. have you tried to find it online for cheaper. i understand you'll still have to pay a mighty postage fee, but i'd look around and see if you can get it for cheaper.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com