#76 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:08 AM

I'm tempted to try for Natsuko, if you guys are gonna include her.. XD

Go right ahead, she's in there. I was tempted to contact Mippa about it, because they even look similar, but if you'd like to give it a shot, go ahead.

And edited my post so I actually included the recordings. O.o

#77 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Double-post, but now that I've built my pop shield, I recorded a couple of auditions for the characters.
As of now, it's just Robin Mask and Ramen Man, but soon it'll be more. I really wanna try out for Geronimo, and see what you guys think. XD

EDIT: Oh my, forgot to include the link. Oh goodness deary-me.

http://www.mediafire...php?0qtg3wguzmw

The Ramenman is pretty good, but the Robin Mask needs to be a lot more charismatic.
Posted Image

#78 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

I wonder, could Megami33 make a good Meat/Nachi?

Just saying.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#79 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

I wonder, could Megami33 make a good Meat/Nachi?

Just saying.

Ah, been awhile since I talked to Megami33... she usually only accepts roles in things she knows about, though, unfortunately. I think I've pretty much tapped her out with my scouting.

But she probably would. I might ask.

And I'll be re-vamping my auditions soon, I'm learning to actually do a Sean Connery accent instead of pretending to know how.

#80 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

I had this weird thought...

PsyGuy, who did TMNT and Sonic bastitchized, would make a great Kid Muscle...but that's just me.

Megami33 would make a great Kiki though... but this is for G1.

#81 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Ah, been awhile since I talked to Megami33... she usually only accepts roles in things she knows about, though, unfortunately. I think I've pretty much tapped her out with my scouting.

But she probably would. I might ask.

And I'll be re-vamping my auditions soon, I'm learning to actually do a Sean Connery accent instead of pretending to know how.

Jusht remembah to make all your Essh's sound like thaht. Or atleasht most of them.

ffff, I love writing accents.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 10 July 2009 - 03:23 PM.

#82 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

[/quote]Jusht remembah to make all your Essh's sound like thaht. Or atleasht most of them.

ffff, I love writing accents.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just a perfectionist, so I kinda edit as I go, and for some reason, not all of the S's sounded like they should have Sh's. And plus, my ADD makes me sometimes drop an accent in the middle of a line partially, I've noticed.

Haha I'm practicing my accents by watching Hetalia.

So also, trying to come up with some english-y names for the Chojin Olympics villains. It's really hard... :< The only one I could come up with was "Bell Man" to "Dead Ringer". If anyone wants to help, it's the title page of the second chapter in volume 2 that introduces all the new Chojin competitors.

#83 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

Double-post, but The Voice Acting Ninja has agreed to sing Kinnikuman Go Fight! for us. I'll be posting my english adapted lyrics on here shortly to check them over.

EDIT: Lyrics v. 1 done.

Flashing lightning dashes by across the ring
Shining light on, a fiery warrior's wings
Scatter and gleam, fire, Kinniku Beam!
Turn and leap to my sweet victory

I am the -"Blundering"
Super-Strong, "Could be wrong"
Kinnikuman
I come running "Stumbling"
Brave and Stunning "Tumbling"

Ah, if the love in your heart ain't breakin' through
Then what kind of superhero are you?
Kinnikuman, Go Fight!

Storms are coming, with his finishing moves around
Chojins thrusting, Wrestlers on the bound
Crimson spreading, the mat's bright scarlet rose
Blooming, budding, tonight, through the cold

I am the "Blundering"
Strong and great "Twist of fate"
Kinnikuman
What you've all been "Everyone?"
Waiting for "Off by a ton"

I am the -"Blundering"
Super-Strong, "Could be wrong"
Kinnikuman
I come running "Stumbling"
Brave and Stunning "Tumbling"

Ah, if the love in your heart ain't breakin' through
Then what kind of superhero are you?
Kinnikuman, Go Fight!

Comments and criticisms would be nice.

Edited by bobsinbobsled, 13 July 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#84 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

Okay, I've been working really hard to put together some voice clips for this, so excuse my current inability to post any updates. XD The audition thread will be up on the VAA very soon, I promise you.

#85 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Well, there's a bit of divergence from the original meaning of the song, but then again, I quite like some of the things you tweaked for a song, even if they don't match to translation. After all, by the looks of it, we are doing a sort of thing where we have the dub song track, with my translation in subtitles at the bottom. So I can't really complain.

One point though is that some of these lyrics don't seem to match to the song in regards to syllable count and such, but then I'm sure this is a case of me needing to hear how The Voice Acting Ninja sings the song in time.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#86 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

Well, there's a bit of divergence from the original meaning of the song, but then again, I quite like some of the things you tweaked for a song, even if they don't match to translation. After all, by the looks of it, we are doing a sort of thing where we have the dub song track, with my translation in subtitles at the bottom. So I can't really complain.

One point though is that some of these lyrics don't seem to match to the song in regards to syllable count and such, but then I'm sure this is a case of me needing to hear how The Voice Acting Ninja sings the song in time.

Well, I went over the song myself many times while writing it, and while it may not have fit the original syllable count, it fit the music and rhythm nicely. I'll record something today to show you how it goes.

#87 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

Auditions for Suguru received from Guy Kinniku. :D

#88 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Warning: Sometimes successful auditions don't mean the part'll be played. Trust me on that one.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#89 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

Warning: Sometimes successful auditions don't mean the part'll be played. Trust me on that one.

Oh, believe me, I know what you're talking about. I've done a couple o' projects myself here and there, and discovered after lines were sent in that I didn't like the voice.

#90 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Or people won't take the time to record their lines.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#91 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

Now I know you may have herd this before but if land this role you will not have that problem from me. Oh and I’m saving up for the mic and will you be dubbing the throne arc as well. :wallbash:

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#92 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

Ha, the Throne Arc? We'll be lucky to even get through the 20th Olympics arc! But it's a possibility. And again, I will warn you, you might not want to get that mic just yet, because you don't even know that you landed the role yet. That's up to our casting directors to decide.

#93 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
    Reading.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Yeah but does not hurt if i do save for it i mean the i have i cash is not far from it. And may i ask why will we be lucky if we get We'll be lucky to even get through the 20th Olympics arc.

#94 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

Yeah but does not hurt if i do save for it i mean the i have i cash is not far from it. And may i ask why will we be lucky if we get We'll be lucky to even get through the 20th Olympics arc.

'Cuz fandubbing is hard work, especially on a show broadcast in mono. You need to replace Sound Effects, music, not to mention get lines in.

#95 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
    Reading.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

Ah i see yes.

#96 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

'Cuz fandubbing is hard work, especially on a show broadcast in mono. You need to replace Sound Effects, music, not to mention get lines in.

Toei is really notorious for that. Alot of their older early nighties/early to late eighties anime were broadcast in mono, but Toei never saw fit to, you know, upgrade the sound to stereo or something.

Unless the newer DVD releases did just that.

#97 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Okay, Voice Acting Ninja is going to start recording ASAP, he's got everything cleared up, and he should have it at least by next Friday. In case any of you need a sample of his singing, here you go One Piece fans. xP

#98 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Alrighty, Voice Acting Ninja has sent a first draft of the song to me, unfortunately I am not at leisure to release it (I think), but once we have something solid we'll get it out there. It was really good. Just telling you guys, I'm pretty sure he does musical theatre too, so he has a trained voice.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com