13 replies to this topic

#1 bensonrad

bensonrad

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:30 AM

These figures have no markings at all, I had thought they might have been Muscle figures, but I don't think so now, any ideas.
The figure that looks black in the picture, is actually a metalic looking blue and the figure holding a sign has Seven Towns © on it

Cheers
Ben

Attached Files

Edited by bensonrad, 18 March 2010 - 04:38 AM.

Looking for Trashies Series 1 & 2

#2 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:32 AM

These are Exogini Cosmix which are essentially bootlegs of Japanese Kinnikuman keshi/MUSCLEs. :lol:

Edited by Soupie, 18 March 2010 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image

#3 bensonrad

bensonrad

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

These are Exogini which are essentially bootlegs of Japanese Kinnikuman keshi/MUSCLEs. :lol:

Many thanks for ID'ing them, just realised I left a picture out, here it is...

Attached Files

#4 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

Blue guy is a Mini Boglin, yellow guy is a P.E.T. Alien. I don't collect these guys, or even know too much about them, but these links (go Toypedia!) should help you get started learning about them.

#5 bensonrad

bensonrad

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Blue guy is a Mini Boglin, yellow guy is a P.E.T. Alien. I don't collect these guys, or even know too much about them, but these links (go Toypedia!) should help you get started learning about them.

Wow great site, many thanks for the info now I can fully ID them:
Splash (in blue) Mini Boglins in Slime - Ltd Edition: 1994
P.E.T Alien #22 Traffic Alien

Cheers again
Ben

#6 jphat

jphat

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

those r some sweet lookin bootlegs!

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

Guess it's due time for an Exogini/Cosmix Toypedia entry, huh? :thumbsup:

Edited by Soupie, 18 March 2010 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

Guess it's due time for an Exogini/Cosmix Toypedia entry, huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah but although they are essentially the same toyline, they are in fact totally different (e.g. Exogini was released in 2 series, and Cosmix both the series were released as 1) also all figures listed are Cosmix, Exogini did not come in these colours.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#9 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

Yeah but although they are essentially the same toyline, they are in fact totally different (e.g. Exogini was released in 2 series, and Cosmix both the series were released as 1) also all figures listed are Cosmix, Exogini did not come in these colours.

Haha, which is exactly why I need to make entries for them. I can never tell them apart! Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

BTW, are they boots of Kinkeshi or MUSCLE do you suppose? I don't recall there being any non-MUSCLE sculpts... but being from Europe, I somehow imagine them being kinkeshi boots rather than MUSCLE boots. I guess they are probably MUSCLE boots, huh?
Posted Image

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22199 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Haha, which is exactly why I need to make entries for them. I can never tell them apart! Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

BTW, are they boots of Kinkeshi or MUSCLE do you suppose? I don't recall there being any non-MUSCLE sculpts... but being from Europe, I somehow imagine them being kinkeshi boots rather than MUSCLE boots. I guess they are probably MUSCLE boots, huh?

Yep, boots as in "molds made from the figures" boots. They are slightly smaller, like the 29th anniversary figures.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Do molds shrink over time?

Molds can be made from many different materials, but in manufacturing like toys, they're mainly steel. Not really going to shrink.

On the other hand, when you reverse-engineer a figure into a mold, as seen on knockoffs or even official reissues like the anniversary kinkeshi mentioned (this happens when molds are lost or destroyed), the figures produced by the mold are smaller than the originals. That's because the original mold is larger than the copied mold created. That's how you get shrinking of figures and lower sculpt detail. Of course, if more time and money are put into the restoration of molds, they can be scaled up to produce figures of identical size. Bandai didn't do this for the 29th kinkeshi for whatever reason, probably cost.

Also, different materials when cooled will shrink more or less than others. If the mix of plastics on an Italian MIMP is different from an original MEG MIMP, it could cause the figure to turn out much smaller than intended, even if the mold was identical.

#12 bensonrad

bensonrad

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

Molds can be made from many different materials, but in manufacturing like toys, they're mainly steel. Not really going to shrink.

On the other hand, when you reverse-engineer a figure into a mold, as seen on knockoffs or even official reissues like the anniversary kinkeshi mentioned (this happens when molds are lost or destroyed), the figures produced by the mold are smaller than the originals. That's because the original mold is larger than the copied mold created. That's how you get shrinking of figures and lower sculpt detail. Of course, if more time and money are put into the restoration of molds, they can be scaled up to produce figures of identical size. Bandai didn't do this for the 29th kinkeshi for whatever reason, probably cost.

Also, different materials when cooled will shrink more or less than others. If the mix of plastics on an Italian MIMP is different from an original MEG MIMP, it could cause the figure to turn out much smaller than intended, even if the mold was identical.

Right so the names of the ones I have looking at the Exogini website are:

CRONO (Shiny Red)
Marte (Shiny Red)
TESTA DI FERRO (Shiny Red)
TESTA DI STELLA (Shiny Blue)

with Panosh 86 on the back...
ANGELO (Shiny Red)
PIRANHA (Shiny Red)
PIEDONE (Shiny Red)
KARATE (Shiny Red)
VANDALO (Flesh) (in my other ID thread)
ORACOLO (Flesh) (in my other ID thread)
Zero (Flesh) (in my other ID thread)

The Red/blue figures were slightly smaller than the Panosh 86 flesh coloured ninjas.

Thanks for all the pointers folks, you certainly know your stuff!

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

So does anyone care to guess whether Exogini were made using Kinkeshi or MUSCLE figures?
Posted Image

#14 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2315 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

Judging from the sculpts and the time they were released, I think it is a safe guess to say that they were cast from M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com