• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

I will be in Osaka (1st time), Nara (1st time), Hiroshima (1st time), Kyoto (1st time), Tokyo, Taiwan (1st time) and finally Hong Kong starting in August (4 weeks total)

I would like some toy store recommendations for Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Kyoto & Taiwan :D

Originally I wanted to visit the Muscle Shop in Osaka but unfortunately it’s closed (temporary shop); however the small Kinnikuman museum in the Tsutenkaku Tower still exists!

For Osaka I have these toy stores in my list:

1-Adamski

2-Jungle

3-The Mandarake Umeda

For Tokyo the usual suspects of all the Mandarake branches and the Kin29shop but I would like to hit up some new shops as well that sell Kinkeshi if they exist.

It’s my first time in Taiwan and I heard they have some kick ass toy shop so any recommendations would be much appreciated.

For everything else I have not done my research but if you guys know anything please share!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 08 June 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

There is a kinnikuman shop in Koenji, i don't know of an osaka one

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

I know about the one in Koenji (bought some great shirts!). They have/had a store called Muscle Shop not too far from the tower where they have the kinnikuman museum (which still exists) but all the info I see dates back to 2014/2015. Maybe it was a temporary store?

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Here is a blog I found from 2014:

http://www.2bbolloms...an-muscle-shop/

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

No the shop doesn't exist anymore, it was a limited shop for the anniversary.

Attached File  img_0.jpg   168.66K   2 downloads
Attached File  Screenshot_20170607-180912.png   884.08K   2 downloads

Edited by Ericnilla, 07 June 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

Sad Pandas (I googled mapped the address as well and saw that image).

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

I will be in Osaka (1st time), Nara (1st time), Hiroshima (1st time), Kyoto (1st time), Tokyo, Taiwan (1st time) and finally Hong Kong starting in August (4 weeks total)

I would like some toy store recommendations for Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Kyoto & Taiwan.

For Osaka I have these toy stores in my list:

1-Adamski

2-Jungle

3-The Mandarake Umeda

For Tokyo the usual suspects of all the Mandarake branches and the Kin29shop but I would like to hit up some new shops as well that sell Kinkeshi if they exist.

It’s my first time in Taiwan and I heard they have some kick ass toy shop so any recommendations would be much appreciated.

#8 Unyaro

Unyaro

I have an FoA problem, and I'm okay with it!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Fistful of Power, Z-Bots, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, Gundam converge mini's, Dragon anything.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

Im curious when you go, if you end up seeing much Exogini Terza items around still. I know it was larger there than it was in the US but as I have never been there nor speak the language OR know anyone that has even gone there i just dont know if its a thing anymore or a long forgotten nothing (sorta like the US). Hope you have fun! Im dying to go visit! 

PS: WE WANT PICTURES!!! I wanna see what you find for cool stores and toys!

PPS: if you like Pokemon, i hear there is one heck of a Pokemon store somewhere there with some limited items only ever released to that store and that store alone.

Edited by Unyaro, 08 June 2017 - 04:14 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------- My FoA Collection ----------------------------------------------------------

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

Aside from Mandarake in tokyo, I didn't come across any toy stores in tokyo other than retail ones. Nakano microkan is the best place for kinkeshi (obv), but i found randoms around the mall in the small shops, but the prices are usually not friendly.

#10 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

It's been a long time since I was in Japan, but what always worked for me was to pick up a copy of a hobby magazine and scan the ads in the back for shops.

Also, there's a book called "Tokyo Underground" put out by Super 7 that has a bunch of maps and write-ups for toy shops in Tokyo. I don't know how easy it is to get ahold of a copy nowadays, but the ISBN is 978-0-9796678-0-0.

Thank you

#11 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions! I remember seeing Kinkeshi in the other shops in Nakano as well and indeed noticed the higher prices (this time around at least I will know what am looking for since my last visit in 2016)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com