48 replies to this topic

#1 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

I've noticed that there's not really any threads that people use to talk about these toys, so here's one!

I haven't collected toys properly ever (last time was when I would just get them randomly as a kid) but a few days ago I started collecting these!

I haven't documented if the 6 showing figs in the 8 packs are relevant to the 2 blind figs you get, but I suspect that they might.

Currently have 2 Golden Poops, so I'm not entirely sure how rare they are.

I noticed Manic Monkey isn't included in the Collector's Guide, so I believe there's 102 figs to collect.

Unfortunately, buying from Big W, it costs $80 to get Manic Monkey + the 6 Gross Home figs.

Also, does anybody have an answer to these questions?
a) When were these originally released? February 2015?
B) Is there any plans for a Series 2?
c) How rare are the 5 limited edition figs?

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

I guess you are in Australia (like Spacefrog who started the 2nd thread).   There have been two threads already established:

http://www.littlerub...opic=222254&hl=

http://www.littlerub...opic=223342&hl=

These have not yet been released outside of Australia.  Hopefully the threads will get combined.

Edited by steverotters, 28 March 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#3 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

I noticed that there was 2 threads, but they've not been too active lately and one seemed like a reveal thread, and the other not a general thread.

I figured a new one that was specifically for any discussion on the mini figs would be good!

EDIT: Do you know when they're being released in the US?

Edited by KROMExRainbow, 28 March 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#4 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:31 AM

June/July 2015 is what their Facebook page read. 

#5 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

For any Australians here, I figure I'd post my collection with doubles (and, if you're wondering, I've spent $150~ AUD on this collection so far, with another guaranteed $65 going towards the last of the exclusive figures and then who knows how much more for the remaining 45!):

Collection (53/103 - 51.5%)
Commons (31/49 - 63.2%)

Rares (10/23 - 43.3%)

Ultra Rares (9/18 - 50%)

Gross Homes (3/6 - 50%)

Limited Editions (0/5 - 0%)

Other Exclusives (0/2 - 0%)

Doubles/Spares
031 x2
034 x2
052 x2
086 (Plastic Packet)
087 (Plastic Packet)
090 (Plastic Packet)

Edited by KROMExRainbow, 30 March 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#6 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

Have you found any golden poop?  What are odds/ratios of golden poop? 

*I never thought I would type these questions*

#7 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

At work at the moment, so don't know the exact number, but I have 3 gold, 1 Metallic brown and then like 5 non metallic. Odds seem high but I might just be lucky!

EDIT: Got some information from Moose on this series!

Limited Editions
"they are spreadout throughout the countries"
I assume this means that the number of them is the number in the world, not each country.

Chinese Crested - 250
Crude Cat - 1000
Mugged Pug - 1000
Dirty Dalmation - 1000
Dredgehog - 5000

Limited Editions can be found in the 2 packs AND the 8 packs.

Poops
Can be found in 8 packs and Gross Homes.

All types of poop can be found in any pack/gross home, they're completely random.

The 8 packs can contain 1 OR 2 poops, whereas Gross Homes ONLY have 1.

Hidden Figs
"there is more chance of getting the same hidden figures in a pack if there is the same figures showing, but it is not guaranteed that the hidden figures will be the same"

So I guess there's 2-3 different types of packs when the visible figures are the same, though in that case, you'd be better to just go with the 2 packs.

Edited by KROMExRainbow, 30 March 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

Holy eff I want some metallic poop.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

"Dredgehog" sounds awesome!! haha!

I look forward to seeing these in stores and trading crap! I need a poop master set!

#10 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

My pay comes through this afternoon, and then I'll buy myself some more 2 packs, and maybe an 8 pack if I see some with figures I don't have!

Kind of annoyed that there's 7 figures you have to get with accessories, but I can live with it.

I'm interested, anybody here in Australia started collecting these?

ALSO: If anybody wants, I can upload some photos of my collection for you all to see what they look like and stuff.

#11 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Holy eff I want some metallic poop.

Be careful what you wish for..
Attached File  metallica-st-anger-promo-fl-312927.jpg   65.17K   0 downloads

Edited by Jesse, 31 March 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

I have yet to see these, stateside.

#13 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, their confirmed US release is June.

Just got 11 2 packs, got 2 Ultra Rare pulls (both ones I already had!). Only 7 new figures, which is unfortunate, but of those 7, 4 were rare and 3 were common, which isn't bad.

My doubles are starting to pile up so I'd be willing to trade with anyone if they're in Australia!

#14 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, post some pics, bro.  It ain't a MEGA THREAD without pics.  :)

Edited by steverotters, 01 April 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#15 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Here's a photo of my entire collection aside from doubles:
Attached File  1427942472273618945484.jpg   88.73K   40 downloads

Close-Up of Metallic Poops:
Attached File  14279426817861233792633.jpg   47.17K   30 downloads

Doubles:
Attached File  1427943000955366099504.jpg   105.21K   23 downloads

@steverotters: Here's a picture of the colouring discrepancy I messaged you about, it would seem that it isn't as big a deal as I thought.
Attached File  1427942314285209007273.jpg   105.8K   21 downloads

NOTICE: They said to keep an eye on their Facebook page around the time of the US release, because they'll be running some contests for the Limited Editions!

#16 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

Those look pretty cool.  They seem slightly less analogous to Littlest Pet Shop since there is not neck articulation with these. 

So, are there three colors of each figure? 

I thought Moose gave up on that gluttonous overkill after Trash Pack -- since Shopkins and Mutant Mania both only have two versions per sculpt. 

What is the status of other Moose products in Australian stores?  Are Trash Pack or Mutant Mania still around? 

Both toylines have completely cleared around here with the exception of a few clearance straggler Trashies at TRU.  Trash Pack is completely cleared from Target (Big W) and Mutant Mania was technically never introduced.  Meanwhile, Shopkins are flying off the shelves at both stores.

#17 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, they have 3 colours of each figure, one of each being a rare while the other 2 are common. (Except the Ultra Rares, all colours are Ultra Rare)

I've not been to Toys R Us yet, but Big W seems to be the main supplier of The Ugglys, where I haven't seen Trash Pack or Mutant Mania, though in Target, there is much less a range of The Ugglys, however I DID notice a few packs of Mutant Mania hanging around still.

#18 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to the LRG community!

Overall, what is your impression of the toyline? Material? Paint? Packaging? Price-point? Sculpts? Names? Etc?

What would you have done differently if you were in charge of design or marketing?

Do you feel they will be a success?  With kids, collectors, or anyone? 

#19 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

The material is actually really good! It's not completely rigid, so leaves the plastic with some movement but it's not ridiculously pliable - they got it down perfectly, in my opinion. I also really like the feeling of the 'sticky' Ultra Rares.

The paint is nearly perfect, but there is some noticeable issues on a few of the Ultra Rares, presumably because the material is so much softer.

The packaging is easy enough to get into, colourful, eye-catching, and has a high quality look and feel. As somebody who messed around with Mighty Beanz and Fisftul of Power in the past, Moose seems to have kept with their usual high standard!

Honestly, in comparison to all the other toys available, The Ugglys seems to be relatively similar in price, and I would say they're not bad. Taking the load I bought today as an example though, I paid $44 for 22 figures, of which only 7 were new. I feel they could have sold them at a slightly lower price.

Along the same lines, the accessories required to buy add a pretty hefty cost to collecting. For the 8 accessory only figures, it would cost $108! (From Big W) For somebody just collecting the figures and not the accessories, that's over $13 a figure.

The sculpts are really nice, and extremely detailed. I'm honestly impressed with the quality, and would even go as far to say that they're better than FOP or Trash Pack. They actually got creative with quite a few of them and I can't wait to see where Series 2 will take them.

The names contain some pretty clever word play (Germy Shephard, Toadkill, Turdle, Rep-Vile) and I think will stand out to kids a lot.

If I was in charge of design, I definitely would have gone more out there with the characters, and headed further away from common domestic pets. While they do have things such as spiders and toads, I would love to see more animals, like snakes, rhinos, whales, etc.

I also haven't actually seen an ad on the TV or posters or anything for them, and the ad on their website doesn't make a big deal of the Limited Editions or the collecting aspect as much as they probably should have.

I feel like these have the potential to be huge with kids, and possibly collectors, they just need to branch out some more with the characters and put a bigger emphasis on the advertisement of the toys.

In my opinion, I'm very happy these are my first line in the world of collecting, and would totally advise you guys look into collecting them when you have the chance.

#20 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

Those poops!

#21 Olaf

Olaf

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

I think the poops will be what makes this a hot commodity.  I know Moose is planning an tv ad blitz so I definitely think this will be in demand.  The figures look pretty cool, but I think it's all about the poops and the sounds.  The Pet Store seems really lame for $15.  If I had to rank the potential desirability for the sku's, I'm thinking:
8pk > Gross Homes > Dirty Dog Wash Van > 2pk > Pet Store

What is everyone else's thoughts on the desirability?

Edited by Olaf, 09 April 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#22 KROMExRainbow

KROMExRainbow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

The 8pks are definitely a really good way to start off your colelction, and are the best bang for your buck in regards to per figure price, and you have the chance for 2 poops.

That being said, at the point I'm at now, until they start bringing out the next waves, I'm stuck buying 2 packs, as the 8pks might have 1 visible figure that I don't have, and then it's a gamble with the hidden 2.

Also, where did they say they were planning a tv ad blitz? I'd love it if they did, but I just haven't seen them say that anywhere!

My locals stores are also failing to restock the 2pks, and it's been about a week. Totally sucks!

#23 Olaf

Olaf

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

I own a small retail company in the US.  My wholesale supplier said that tv ads will be coming strongly in June(may only be applicable for my country.)  Moose doesn't half ass tv campaigns, in my experience.

My customers love value-added bundles.  It enables me to offer my customers a lower price per piece than them buying from Toys R Us or online.  So what I'm trying to figure out is how to deliver my customers the most value.  Case pack(6 units) of the 8pk which will all contain different styles of the visible characters(some duplicates of individual characters because that is unavoidable) will be popular, I think.  I think a case pack of the Gross Homes, 1 of each Gross Home, will be pretty good.  I'm unsure of the case pack of the 2pk, which is 30 blind bags and no golden poops.

Edited by Olaf, 11 April 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

8-packs and 2-packs will trump the playsets and vehicles every time.  You need the 8-packs for fans/enthusiasts/collectors. You need the 2-packs to satisfy the mildly curious and the whiny kids begging their cash-strapped parents for something/anything. 

I would love to hear more about your store.

#25 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

I just wanted to report that these have arrived in US stores -- Target at least.  Spotted today. 5-15-15.  They had only the single figures with the electronic houses.  6 different ones I think.  I was tempted to get the goldfish, but in the end I did not.  They were $7 a pack.  That is $7 for one figure.  I personally have no interest in play-sets and accessories and I want to check out the 8-packs first, which this store did not have (yet).  Anyway, first US appearance.  Check your Targets if these interest you.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com