#1 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

I know this rumour has been circulating for a while, but I heard from Tim Clarke directly that he is currently working on a collaboration with Clutter magazine on a new line of 'boglin collectibles' that should be coming out this Autumn/Fall!

He's asking for sculpt suggestions on Instagram too, looks like a tribe based on an under-the-sea theme is a possibility, like the Soggy boglins.

Looking forward to it!

#2 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

thats awesome, i wonder if they will be painted or mono coloured 

i dont have instagram so can't view his profile, but i'm gonna sign up when i figure it out

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#3 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

I really hope they aren't painted... I probably wouldn't buy them if they were.
I want them to be exactly like the original ones, same material too if possible!

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Clutter? Hm. I wonder if they are going to be factory produced?

#5 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

yeah i'd prefer that they weren't painted, but i'd probably get some either way

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#6 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

it would be awesome if he did a series where they add a new member to each existing tribe, like a new samurai, a new army guy etc

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#7 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

Yeah I was wondering that too... I hope so. I know they've sold his painted one offs in the past, but this sounds like something different.

#8 RBT

RBT

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    MUSCLE
    OMFG
    TMNT
    Mini Boglins

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

Sounds interesting, fingers crossed there not painted.

#9 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

I am sure they will be.

Clutter always does factory production stuff. The only indie made stuff they sell is produced by other people for shows or events. When they release toys themselves they use a couple companies but lately a few of their things are actually Unbox produced just like your killer little vinyl beast. 

Edited by PlasticSoul, 17 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#10 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

I really hope they aren't painted... I probably wouldn't buy them if they were.
I want them to be exactly like the original ones, same material too if possible!

Sounds interesting, fingers crossed there not painted.

Funnily enough a friend of mine painted a couple of mini boglins the other day and a few of us said that if they were released that way instead of the single colour we would likely have actually collected them, we find the mono colour bland and that they don't look good in our larger boglin collections, obviously comparing their level of detail to the larger variety of boglins is different to comparing them to similar 'mini' collectables though, how come you guys would be opposed to them being painted yourself? 

#11 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:07 AM

mono colour mini figures appeal to alot of mini figure collectors, I only really collect unpainted stuff, Monster in My Pocket, MUSCLE etc. I find anything as small as 1 or 2 inches loses alot of it's sculpt detail when painted

I remember someone posted about stripping the paint off a Monster Wrestler in my Pocket and it looks more detailed, I guess the paint fills in the gaps and makes it look kinda messy

other than that I can't think of a reason why I prefer them, I just think they look cooler

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#12 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:10 AM

Tim posted this on Instagram. Looks like the project with Clutter Gallery is a much larger scale puppet type boglin. I'm disappointed. 

Perhaps they are going to do mini-boglins too...

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-24%20at%2009.08.

#13 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:collecting minis and creating art

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

It looks like they will be 2'' minis part of a blind box set coming out at NYCC.  I really like the look of these guys.  Anyone going and willing to mule one for me?

https://www.instagra.../timclarketoys/

#14 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

limited to 400, i guess im not getting any then :'(

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#15 kevinstowmarket

kevinstowmarket

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:48 PM

I have managed to get 3... ☺

#16 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:53 AM

I have managed to get 3... ☺

Which ones did you get? :)

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#17 kevinstowmarket

kevinstowmarket

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

Blobkin in orange, mummer in green and purple gore. I love blob kin. My complaint is that they're not made or finished as well as the originals

#18 ChiefSmog

ChiefSmog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:01 AM

As nice as it has been to be swept up in the nostalgic hype surrounding these new Mini Boglins, I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I had a buddy pick me up 3 at NYCC (he was armed with enough cash for 10 to increase chances of getting every sculpt but was told 3 max). I did luck out and got a gitd, but they're not up to the standard I was hoping for. The material is harder, the sculpts are noticeably bigger and the finish is rough. They are of similar design quality to gen 1 tribes (lower quality design compared to later tribes). The theme is "zombie tribe", but not much about them really screams zombie. Given that one is a pumpkin, one is a mummie and one is holding an eye that it has pulled out (think Burg from the Freaks tribe) I think "Halloween" would have been a more apt name. The fourth does genuinely look like a zombie with its eye hanging out. So here I was with three Mini Boglins, 2 of which were the same, looking forward to the release of additional units in line with Clutter's Boglins exhibition. Then on release they have bumped the price from $6 to $15. They have cited manufacturing difficulties for the hike, but this price is crazy and feels like taking advantage of adoring fans. They have once again set a 3 unit limit, bizarre considering there are 4 sculpts available. I've paid the money because I can't help myself. I love Boglins and am thankful that Tim Clarke has rejuvenated the line, but it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity. He has mentioned further additions, so here's hoping they meet the standard he set back in the 90s.

#19 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:00 AM

That is really disappointing on every level. 

It's a shame because I like the designs and I love the fact there are new Mini Boglins, but the way they're handling it, from the prices to the extremely limited production numbers and only letting people grab three at a time, is just mind boggling (pun not intended). I've no idea what they're thinking.

My comics:

#20 Boggersodoggos

Boggersodoggos

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

That is really disappointing on every level. 

It's a shame because I like the designs and I love the fact there are new Mini Boglins, but the way they're handling it, from the prices to the extremely limited production numbers and only letting people grab three at a time, is just mind boggling (pun not intended). I've no idea what they're thinking.

I agree completely it works out after shipping at a mental price for the Brits just not worth it.

Bit of a kick in the face really. 

Edited by Boggersodoggos, 14 November 2016 - 05:24 AM.

#21 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

The new minis looked really good to me in photos. I'll be curious to see them in person. Considering they are hand made and not factory pieces, $15 doesn't seem bad to me, but I don't get why they priced them $6 at the con. Seems like they should have gone higher to begin with, that way the online price wouldn't feel as unfair.

Did they sell out online already? As of this morning I didn't see them on the site anymore.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#22 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

They're there, just near impossible to find: https://shop.clutter...box-mini-series

The $15 price wouldn't be too terrible but we're talking about blind boxes, so there's no guarantee that you're not going to spend $45 to get the same figure three times, two of them in the same colour. $15 is just too much for blind boxes in my opinion.

My comics:

#23 carcass

carcass

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins & Kaiju

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

Were they made in more than just one colour each? I havn't seen any pics of the zombies (exept the pink one being gitd) that was in another colour than in my profile pic. 

#24 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

That's a good point. The description on the site made me think they each came in multiple colours, but you're right, I've only seen them in one colour each, plus the one glow in the dark variant.

My comics:

#25 ChiefSmog

ChiefSmog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

That's a good point. The description on the site made me think they each came in multiple colours, but you're right, I've only seen them in one colour each, plus the one glow in the dark variant.

The ones I have from NYCC follow the same colour pattern, so it's fair to assume that they only have one colour for each sculpt, aside from the gitd one. Yet to see the new run they did, hopefully they have added more colours.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com