Street Fighter SOTA action figures!

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#126 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, I'd say aside from Gen the only other non 2 figure that would be worth the time is Adon. He has got to be in my top 5 if I have a top five. He is very well sculpted and has a nice range of articulation and great set of hands and variants. It's so hard to pick my favorites out of this series.

Sagat
Guile
Adon
Ken
Sodom (just cause he is such a unique character)

I need to take some more pics here soon. But I was wanting to do more Variant Group shots, but I only have all the variants for Sodom, Chuli, Guile, Adon, and Birdie. Dan doesn't really count he's just a terrible figure....probably worst figure even couting the REVs in my book. :D

Top five WORST

Dan
Mika
Remy
Gief
Honda

Posted Image

#127 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

Well, it's been a good while since I posted in here....really not much to post about ....well, really nothing to post about. :) But I still love this line, and it still is one of my all time favorite collections. :) So I took some updated pics of it. Don't know how many I had the last time I snapped the group shots, but I know I have a bunch more since then. Especially some rather hard to find Variants.....Sadly I still only need 3 variants....possibly 4 but I don't know the differences between the Japanese Evil Ryu Exlclusive other than he has a grinning head packed in with him. So if any of you nutjobs run across the ones I need, PLEASE let me know! :)

Just spent last night rearranging my display, Fortunately all my Variants fit in one shelf space with enough room for the last 3 I need. Anywho enjoy. ^_^

Attached File  1.JPG   161.05K   7 downloads Attached File  2.JPG   179.39K   5 downloads Attached File  3.JPG   213.29K   7 downloads Attached File  4.JPG   217.97K   6 downloads Attached File  5.JPG   211.1K   6 downloads Attached File  6.JPG   196.18K   7 downloads Attached File  7.JPG   155.66K   5 downloads
Attached File  8.JPG   224.23K   6 downloads
Attached File  9.JPG   138.1K   8 downloads

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 01 August 2009 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image

#128 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

is that gouken figure hard to find? i'd love to have him battle akuma.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#129 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

There are 5 Goukens, with degrees of difficulty to get.

Regular Gouken (Gray Gi) is easy enough as he was limited to like 2000 in the states, but was also sold over seas in China and such.

Battle Cry Gouken (Gray Gi) was also limited to 2000, but I don't think he was sold outside Toyrocket.com as an exclusive.

Final Battle Gouken (Gray Gi, Dirty) was limited to 500, also a Toyrocket exclusive, and I've never seen any sold by other vendors or Hong Kong sellers except for set lots.

Spirit of Gouken (Translucent) was limited to 300 at Toyrocket as well, but there have been a huge number surfacing from Hong Kong sellers, indicating either a limited release overseas, or bootlegs. Mine had the Toyrocket exclusive sticker so I know mines legit. :)

Battle Cry Gouken (Gold Gi) is the hardest to find, also limited to 300, but was a Sota webstore exclusive, However I've seen a few cases where Hong Kong sellers were claiming to sell the Gold Gouken in sets with the other 4 variants. Possibly overstock from the factory, but I believe bootlegs. As the Factories Sota was using around this time were just evil, bootlegging tons of their stuff. Never seen any real pictures, and all these sellers used stock photos. I totally missed this figure when he was on sale, but by an extremely limited chance, Sota sent their last one to me as a replacement for the first Broken Battle Damage Gouken I had received from Toyrocket. I was thrilled when I opened the package. :thanks: He has Red Kanji on his back as well, and is the best Gouken for sure. last I saw one, it went for nearly $100 bucks on eGay MOC. ;) That was a couple months ago. The only one on eBay right now is $139.99 BIN. :hi:

Posted Image

#130 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

URS, I didn't actually notice you list what last figures you need. What are they?

#131 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

i hope my list of "need to gets" doesn't keep growing. :thanks:

is the red kanji on the gouken you got the heaven symbol akuma has or something different?

#132 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...41&itemid=10087

That's the Kanji, never really cared what it meant. <_< Just looked cool.

And Boa I had them listed in my Needs list...very first list in there actually.

Black Gen in Blue Japanese packaging.
Black Remy with white hair
Black Akuma with Red hair..

Hmm.. I don't really know why they are all black...

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 01 August 2009 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

#133 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

i'm trying to remember what game it was in, maybe sfa2gold, where shin akuma's taunt is a new kanji, not the heaven one. i wonder what it means.

#134 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Well, just from a quick search, I think Goukens means "Nothing" or "Nothingness"

Akuma all I can find is "Heaven" "Sky" and "Providence.

Posted Image

#135 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

D'oh, foiled by common sense. Thanks for the list, doubt I'll ever run into any of those but I'll certainly keep them in mind.

Edited by Boaconda, 02 August 2009 - 12:54 PM.

#136 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

:o

Attached Files

Posted Image

#137 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

hey URS, have you gotten a SDCC Guile yet~? or even interested in one~?

#138 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

You mean from Neca? No, I've decided to stay away from that line. Their art style while original and intriguing is the opposite of what I loved about SOTA's line. Also they appear to be headed in the same cursed direction. With nearly a year with the license already, they have only released 2 waves of figures, and all they had to show at the SDCC were some variants of the first two waves of figures. Rather nice variants for sure, but not what I was hoping for. I wanted to see something that might have gotten me more interested. Like 4 to 6 new character sculpts. Not to mention the first 3 figure sculpts appeared rushed to me, and Viper's articulation was poorly tooled.

Who knows though, I say it now, but for all I know I might see the new wave in person and end up buying them. The only one I like at all so far is the Chun-Li. But the Guile Exclusive wasn't bad either.

Posted Image

#139 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

You mean from Neca? No, I've decided to stay away from that line. Their art style while original and intriguing is the opposite of what I loved about SOTA's line. Also they appear to be headed in the same cursed direction. With nearly a year with the license already, they have only released 2 waves of figures, and all they had to show at the SDCC were some variants of the first two waves of figures. Rather nice variants for sure, but not what I was hoping for. I wanted to see something that might have gotten me more interested. Like 4 to 6 new character sculpts. Not to mention the first 3 figure sculpts appeared rushed to me, and Viper's articulation was poorly tooled.

Who knows though, I say it now, but for all I know I might see the new wave in person and end up buying them. The only one I like at all so far is the Chun-Li. But the Guile Exclusive wasn't bad either.

Well Eric...I'm an official hypocrite! :no: I didn't find the Marvel Universe exclusives I was wanting at Toys'R'Us again, so I ended up finding the Wave 2 Street Fighter figures from NECA instead...and then proceeded to buy them as well as a viper. -_- I have to say, that despite my original turn off from the lines first impression on me....I really really enjoy the purchase! Know this! If you don't like these figures for some reason, there is one figure in the set so far that deserves everyone's attention! Chun-Li has to be one of the best action figures I have purchased in a LOOOONNNG Time! Her sculpt, paint applications, quality, and articulation are all flawless! She is a perfect action figure as well as collectible! NECA scored 100 points I think with this figure. So if there is one figure you should buy whether your a big SF fan or not, make an effort to at least consider purchasing a Chun-Li. I recommend considering the purchase in person if you see it. She was worth every penny in my opinion! $13.99 at TRU. I won't admit I was wrong at all about this line though. I for sure prefer my SOTA collection. Sota's figures are better sculpted, the paint applications on the Round 1 to 4 figures are superior as well. However as far as articulation and quality NECA wins. And I think that may be what they were going for. Viper, Guile, and Akuma have pretty iffy joint tooling, and they look kind of sloppy and choppy to me, they don't blend well at all in the legs. A different style for sure. I guess I'll have to find a Ken, Ryu, and maybe that Guile/Charlie exclusive too. As I'm an unhealthy completest.

Posted Image

#140 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

hehe, i went crazy at toys r us today too. :crazy:

i of course bought akuma. they even had the variant akuma but i didn't buy him. you know the one, amputee akuma. ;) when i was comparing paint apps i noticed one was missing his right hand. "blimey, he's got a hand gone." i thought it may have just jostled off in shipping but after a rattle check and a some deep inspections it was not to be found. i do love the articulation on these beauties. my resaurus ones may have more of that capcom feel than these but they couldn't articulate themselves out of a wet sack of dead gofers. my only major gripes are the very stiff initial joint contacts and the fact that they don't come with bases. why put foot peg holes if you're not going to provide the means, honestly. :rolleyes: anyway, the paint apps are really top notch. when comparing them it was a nitpickers nightmare to find variations or problems. the sculpts are super detailed too. some of the highest quality of figures out there. the premium price is a bit of a turn off, but with the overall quality of the figure it's almost justified. i'm a major cheapskate though, so anything more than $3 is highway robbery to me. :D

i snagged a previews(?) dan hibiki with my toyfare subscription, waiting on that to arrive now.

urs: a viper, really? :rolleyes: :)

#141 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Oh hey i didn't even know wave 2 of the NECA line was out. I bought Ken and Ryu out of the first wave, and intended to buy all three from wave 2. But some SDCC shots i saw of the actual wave 2 production figures kind of threw me off. Not nearly as good as the prototypes, i thought. I might at least get Akuma though, and then call it done.

Unless they release a Zangief, i still just want one good figure of him. :rolleyes:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#142 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

i might pick up a ken and ryu just so they can have their asses handed to them by the raging demon. i really want a sagat & gouken. dammit. every time i talk about what characters i want the list grows and grows. will i never feed my hunger for more?

#143 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

Yeah I was screwing around with my Akuma a minute ago, and noticed that his left calf was on backwards....so I gotta fix that. I hate the hands on Guile and Akuma. They look so stubby and small. :) But Chun's are huge and chubby. :crazy: I feel like NECA is jumping around with style, and aren't keeping it together. So far all the 4 guys, Chun-Li, and Viper appear to have been made by completely different sculptors. :rolleyes: Viper looks just like her art from SF4, Chun-Li looks more toony, and all the guys look like they belong on the short bus. But they are very fun figures none the less...just the fellas are all ugly! And Guiles paint apps are atrocious. Chunli is just great though. They came up with an ingenious thigh swivel that hides extremely well, and yet she has perfect rotation on her legs. She actually breaks the 180% split mark, and can raise her legs very high in front of her. Seriously you guys won't be disappointed in her I don't think.

I've been hoping for a good Zangief from NECA despite my original dislike for the line. I can imagine that if they try they can make him look top notch...I mean Ugly would work for him anyway.

i snagged a previews(?) dan hibiki with my toyfare subscription, waiting on that to arrive now.

What figure are you talking about Dan? :rolleyes: SOTA had a Dan Hibiki exclusive for Toyfare magazine...are you saying NECA has one as well now?

Posted Image

#144 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

meh, it could have been a sota figure. i didn't really pay too much attention. when i bought the subscription it was way late at night and all i saw really was street fighter. :rolleyes:

#145 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

That is whats throwing me about your statement....where did you subscribe? The Dan figure is like 2 years old now... So what's the deal? Got a link or something?

Posted Image

#146 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

i know this has nothing to do with figures, but the new Zangief statue from sideshow collectibles is pretty awesome and huge. and comes with 2 heads. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

That is whats throwing me about your statement....where did you subscribe? The Dan figure is like 2 years old now... So what's the deal? Got a link or something?

jeepers, i can't seem to find it on their website anymore. maybe i got the last one! :rolleyes: they still have th wizard package i ordered. hmmm..

eric: sideshow makes some badass stuph but the prices make me cringe. they had resident evil nemesis and streetfighter akuma statues that i really wanted. then i saw the price. i don't want them now. :rolleyes:

EDIT: just so you don't think i'm yanking your chain, here's what the offer said when i checked the status a second ago:
ToyFareSubscription
(2 Years) + ToyFare Exclusive Street Fighter Dan Action Figure Limited to 2500

Edited by dankingery, 12 August 2009 - 07:26 PM.

#148 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hey everyone, some of you may know me from other places.

I just wanted to share some pics of some SOTA Street fighter customs I have done.

Mech Zangief variant

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mike Haggar

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been pretty bummed about SOTA not making SF figures anymore, so this year I've started trying to customize in their style

#149 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hey Feral! I had no idea you had been a member here for so long. :rolleyes: Thanks for chiming in! Nice repaint on the Mech Zangief.

And Dan, I guess it makes sense that Wizard still has a few....the Dan figs have been rotting on the net for quite some time now. Toyfare has been trying to liquidate their Dan stock for years on eBay as well. :rolleyes: He has to be one of my least favorite Sota figs, if not the least. Can't really think of anyone worse right now...even from Rev 1. Hope you were planning on getting the subscriptions anyway, cause chances are you might have been able to find a Dan for chicken feed somewhere.

Anywho.... I hope to get alot of Pictures taken sometime this weekend, I have some overdue reviews that I have been wanting to write up, and Chunners is definitely getting one!

Posted Image

#150 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Ack!!! Went to switch out my hands for Chun-Li, and she has 2 LEFT PALM HANDSSS!!!! AAAAAH!!!! Just contacted NECA about it. Hope their customer service was as top notch as SOTA's used to be. :spiteful:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com