PM sent! :rolleyes:

#27 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

Got King Hiss in the mail this morning, bringing my remaining count to eight: three of the last 4, Sibertooth, alt color Slash Cat & Rip Rat, the alt color Screwdiver, and the euro color Tankasaurus Rex. My still busted "arctic" Sky Vice still needs replacing in all this too. o_x

Also regarding King Hiss: It's a beautifully little detailed truck. I have to admit I originally didn't think much of the last beforehand, but now they look really dang cool. On a funny note, according to a buddy of mine in New Zealand King Hiss was *all* they got out of the last four. XD

#28 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Congratulations for the King Hiss!! :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any of them never. How did you find it?

#29 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Ran across it on a google image search awhile back, I'd asked the seller before but they stated they didn't wish to sell it. Apparently they changed their mind down the line, and I scarfed it up.

Still hoping to see Toothslayer, Wolvenraider, and/or Riptile show up on eBay sometime...

By the way, if you see the watch go for sale cheap, go after it: it's a fully functional mini-Darkclaw that "roars" and eyes light up. I managed to get one, albeit with a broken chain the seller negletced to mention. Sad thing about it is it can't really roll itself on its wheels due to how it's built, but it's actually superior to the McDonalds "minis" nevertheless.

Edited by KungFuMan, 20 February 2010 - 03:16 PM.

#30 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hello from Sweden!

Just found this topic and decided to register.

I collected these cars when I was younger. Still have my collection in perfect shape. Won't sell it though. I'm rather looking to complete it. I had no idea there were more cars than the ones I had.

With a quick count I have about 40 different ones, including McDonalds of course. Plus some doubles that I could sell or trade with I guess, but they are first editions, easy to find, so I'm sure most collectors have those specific ones.

Was thinking it would be great if someone made a site about the cool cars. Just with pictures and names of them atleast. Maybe I will if I have time.

Oh and I was wondering, when you're talking about variants, are you talking about the fact that some were re-released in the same shape but with a completely different paint? Or the fact that some of them looked different in different parts of the world?

I actually have one of the samll spaceships (the greyish brownish one with snakes out of it's mouth) in two different colors. Same color but one is kinda metallic, noticable difference though.

Well, now I've said hello, don't know if yo uare still around this forum. But would be nice to talk to you collectors.
Visit my new website about
Hot Wheels Attack Pack
http://www.angelfire...p/ap/index.html

#31 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

Oh and I was wondering, when you're talking about variants, are you talking about the fact that some were re-released in the same shape but with a completely different paint? Or the fact that some of them looked different in different parts of the world?

Kinda both. They released eight in variant colors formally (4 of the originals, 4 battle birds), but they also changed the color scheme for the two tanks: both ended up with the camouflage color swapped for blue or pink depending on which tank it was.

I actually have one of the samll spaceships (the greyish brownish one with snakes out of it's mouth) in two different colors. Same color but one is kinda metallic, noticable difference though.

I'd like to see a pic of that as well as the rest of your collection.

#32 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Was thinking it would be great if someone made a site about the cool cars. Just with pictures and names of them atleast. Maybe I will if I have time.

I have been thinking the same too, and I thougth the possibility of doing it by myself, but actually I have no time to do anything. Maybe in a few weeks I could do something (at least taking pictures).

It's allways good to hearing about a new collector. I would like to see pics of your collection too.

#33 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hi KungFuMan and Corlan!

Thanks for the replies.

Well I decided to do a little site, just for fun. Just threw it togheter quickly. Pictures of all my Attack Packs except one. Just point over the pictures and they will transform.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct/Jp/ap/

KungFuMan, you can see my variant on the site. No 29 and 30.

It won't be a big site, but I would like to add names of them, and complete with any ones that are missing. I know atleast 3 are missing. Or how many are there out there?
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#34 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

That's a great collection!

Here there are the names of all of them, in your webs order:

Battle Bird (McDonalds) / Sea Creature (McDonalds) / Lunar Invader (McDonalds) / Truck (McDonalds)
Nightslayer (Infra-Red) / Sky Vice / Terror-Dactyle / Splitfire
Sky Vice (Winter Camo) / Toothslayer / Riptile / Wolveraider
Screwdriver / The Darkclaw / Slaughter-Skito / Taran-Chewa
Taran-Chewa (McDonalds) / The Darkclaw (Arctic) / King Hiss / Sandstinger (Night Stealth)
Rip Rat (Desert) / Rip Rat / Slaughtersjaws / Nightslayer
Slashcat / Slaughtersjaws (McDonalds) / Cozmo Clam / Venus Flycraft
Maggot Mouth / Maggot Mouth / Space Shucker / Sandstinger
Galactibite / Slashcat (Jungle) / Sandstinger (McDonalds) / Screwdriver (Solar Shield)
Blowtorch / Tankasaurus Rex (Euro) / Big Bones / Stego-Striker (Euro)

And about how much are missing, I can talk you about the following ones:

Biggest ones
-Slime-Inator
-Skeletalker

Growling
-Big Chill
-Jungle Jaws
-Grizzlor
-Mane Mauler
-Thunderbear
-Sibertooth

Battle Birds
-Splitfire (Black)

Dinosaurs
-Stego-Striker (USA)
-Tankasaurus Rex (USA)

Wire-Controlled
-Radio Shack Promo

McDonalds
-Slashcat
-Shark (Totally toy)

I hope this can help you.

#35 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Wow yes, thank you! That's very nice of you to put togheter a complete list for me like that, and so quickly.
This will go straight to the site! ^_^

I just realized I do have two more in my collection. One very big one. Probably Slime-Inator, and a Mcdonalds one Slashcat.
Will add pics of those aswell soon. That means I'm missing 12 I think.

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#36 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hah, it's good to have some confirmation that the alt Tankasaurus Rex really does exist. I'm still curious why they went for a completely different look regionally, especially considering camo on tanks makes more sense. As for the others though, looks like you're another fellow stuck with a missile-less T-Rex, though Blowtorch's missile seems to be missing as well?

You mentioned doubles you had, though I'm guessing none of them are those on our need lists eh? :X

Edited by KungFuMan, 01 March 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#37 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

I know these are not in very good shape but I also know how hard it can be to find anything that I want when it was made almost twenty years ago! So, for what its worth here they are.

Attached File  P3010239.JPG   1.06MB   10 downloads

Attached File  P3010240.JPG   1.06MB   13 downloads

#38 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

Actually I was very careful with all my toys as a kid and kept all accessories, so nothing is missing. I'll upload new pictures soon with everything included. ^_^

Will have to dig up the doubles I have. Maybe one of them will be of interest, maybe not.

Interesting to hear that the European Tankasaurus is kinda special. I think I like the other version better though.

I have some questions about the pictures at the top of this thread. In the first picture by KungFuMan, is the vehicle in the back to the far left, which looks like a motorcycle, really an Attack Pack?

Then further down, also posted by you KungFuMan are three pics were the bottom two pics have three large vehicles in the back. Is the middle one an Attack Pack?

What are these two called?
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#39 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:48 AM

Yeah that motorcycle isn't an Attack Pack, it's part of another toyline by Mattel people keep confusing with them for some reason as it too did the transforming-car gimmick (only this time via a "key", and turned into a more futuristic vehicle when done).

The middle one in the back sitting between Big Bones and Slime-inator with the red/black body is Skeletalker. It's apparently the third-to-last one released (the last two being the Wire-controlled Attack Pack and Watch Darkclaw).

#40 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for the answers, it's a good thing I found some real Attack Pack experts here.

Here are a list of my doubles:

- Taran-Chewa
- The Darkclaw
- Sandstinger
- Slashcat
- Slashcat (Jungle)
- Sky Vice
- Nightslayer
- Galactibite
- Big Bones

...and maybe a King Hiss, which I can't find right now. I see in your first message
in this thread that you needed Slashcat (Jungle). Still do? Have any doubles for
trade?
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#41 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:24 AM

I know these are not in very good shape but I also know how hard it can be to find anything that I want when it was made almost twenty years ago! So, for what its worth here they are.

Attached File  P3010239.JPG   1.06MB   10 downloads

Attached File  P3010240.JPG   1.06MB   13 downloads

Thanks, but I already have them both :mellow:

Thanks for the answers, it's a good thing I found some real Attack Pack experts here.

Here are a list of my doubles:

- Taran-Chewa
- The Darkclaw
- Sandstinger
- Slashcat
- Slashcat (Jungle)
- Sky Vice
- Nightslayer
- Galactibite
- Big Bones

...and maybe a King Hiss, which I can't find right now. I see in your first message
in this thread that you needed Slashcat (Jungle). Still do? Have any doubles for
trade?

If you can find that King Hiss let me know, I will be very interested on it.

#42 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

I see in your first message in this thread that you needed Slashcat (Jungle). Still do? Have any doubles for
trade?

Still do, though no doubles to trade for it in particular. I can gladly pay cash for it via paypal if you can do that. Drop me a PM and we'll go from there, there's something else I wanted to ask you about anyway.

#43 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Took some photos of my collection with my fiancee's help, and updated the first post with the biggest one. Here's some images of the rarer ones:
Skeletalker. This one's missing a set of teeth up front on the lower jaw, but I'm keeping it around since I have the NIP one as well:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wire Controlled Attack Pack. This one has no actual name, which kinda sucks. But while wire controlled, it also has a trigger on its butt to transform it into it's monster mode
Posted Image

Watch Darkclaw: It's a fullblown watch, but it comes off the band to be a separate vehicle. Kicker is though because of how bulky the body is, it will only roll around on a carpet or somewhere else the wheels can sink into a carpet. When the chain is pushed down, it transforms like the original-size Darkclaw, but if you push it down all the way it screeches and the LEDs in the eyes light up
Posted Image
Posted Image

And lastly, my prototype pieces of Toothslayer. Got these awhile back in an auction, and they're pure resin (and dang fragile)
Posted Image

#44 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

That sure is one GREAT collection you have there! Sure would like to have atleast nine of those in my collection. You even have both the watch and that wired-controlled one! Would especially like to have that watch. I bet I'll never find that. It's about the same size as the McDonalds ones right? Oh and those prototypes!

Just had to take similar pictures of my collection aswell now and post here to kinda compete with you I guess. :(

Attached File  collection.jpg   254.79K   29 downloads

Especially had to show some nice things I found today. Found the slimeinator, and also, I actually saved each and every box of my Attack Packs, and even the boxes of the Happy Meal toys. Will upload those on the site soon.

Attached File  collection2.jpg   275.74K   23 downloads
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#45 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

It's about the same size as the McDonalds ones right?

Actually he's just a tiny bit smaller, the wheels most notably.

By the way I noticed on your Attack Pack boxes there for the original six trucks seem to use the same box type as the "Euro" Battle Birds boxed in my photo there? If so that's going to land up giving Corlan six more items to hunt down. O_O;

#46 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

By the way I noticed on your Attack Pack boxes there for the original six trucks seem to use the same box type as the "Euro" Battle Birds boxed in my photo there? If so that's going to land up giving Corlan six more items to hunt down. O_O;

:( :D :D :wacko: :wacko:

I'm sure that means there are no 6, but 10 new items to search... well, adding them to the list....

#47 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

Oh , ok, the boxes looked different in the US. Well I'm going to upload better pictures of the rest of the boxes eventually so you can seem them more clearly. Three boxes are available on the site since yesterday. BTW, if you notice any wrong facts or anything on the site, feel free to let me know.

But does that mean Corlan collects, not only all Attack Packs NRFB, but even all versions of the boxes? That's going to be hard to find I think!

Was wondering if the 1994 Mattel catalog is worth buying, what's in it? Pics of
anything that wasn't released? Any cool hard to find stuff?

Edited by allinthestyle, 04 March 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#48 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

But does that mean Corlan collects, not only all Attack Packs NRFB, but even all versions of the boxes? That's going to be hard to find I think!

At least that is what I'm trying to do. And yes, it will be hard, maybe too hard. In the post #6 of this thread is the complete list of my collection. I will probably be able to take photographs of it updated in a few weeks.

Was wondering if the 1994 Mattel catalog is worth buying, what's in it? Pics of
anything that wasn't released? Any cool hard to find stuff?

There were two Battle Birds with sounds that were never release (don't know the year). They are in the next pic:
Posted Image

Edited by Corlan, 04 March 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#49 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

Oh those are so cool! Any chance you would let me use this picture on my site?

Also, do you guys know if this Mattel car has anything to do with the Attack Pack series?

Attached File  truck.jpg   36.22K   11 downloads
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#50 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

I actually owned the prototype of that Dragonfighter, the same one used for the display there...sadly my niece busted it so while I can fix it, it'll never be able to transform again (it was made of the same resin material as the other proto pieces I have, sold in the same lot too). I'm hoping Big Mouth appears someday...

As for the catalog, it has one very interesting bit in it though: Skeletalker is shown in it with a white and purple body and called "Talk Back Bone Beast" in the pages. Apparently they decided to completely redo the design before selling it.

Regarding the truck I don't think it's an Attack Pack: there were a lot of knockoff toys made similar to that series around the same time. Does it have the Thumbs Up/Skull symbol or "Attack Pack" text on it anywhere the other trucks do?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com