142 replies to this topic

#51 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Oh those are so cool! Any chance you would let me use this picture on my site?

Also, do you guys know if this Mattel car has anything to do with the Attack Pack series?

Actually I found that picture through Google (but I cannot remember where). So I guess you can use it if you want.

And about that car, I'm almost sure that it's not an Attack Pack. It could be part of another toyline called Road Beasts. Here is a pic of some toys of this line:

Posted Image

#52 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

KungFuMan, Still have it? Any pics plz?

Corlan, ok thanks. So this pic of protypes is not in the catalog then?

About the truck in my pic, I actually I don't know if it has the symbols on it. Found the picture on ebay actually. Found some more now:

Attached File  truck2.jpg   18.65K   14 downloads

Did some more searching on ebay and you're right Corlan, these are Hot Wheels Road Beasts by Mattel. So weird that they would use the name Attack Pack for some vehicles that have no similarities with the Attack Pack series, and then create these Road Beast with a new name. So are you guys going to collect these too? What do you think about them?

Edited by allinthestyle, 05 March 2010 - 01:04 AM.

Visit my new website about
Hot Wheels Attack Pack
http://www.angelfire...p/ap/index.html

#53 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

Mattel sunk to a new low, that's for sure. But yeah I'll pass these up: they've effectively "EXTREME!" versions of the older Attack Packs (with some models like Slash Cat, Slaughterjaws, Big Bones and King Hiss completely ripped off), with one model creating ten "versions" of the same vehicle just with different names and whatnot. That sucked with the growlers for Attack Pack as is.

As for Dragonfighter, I'll see what I can do. He's kinda a mess in the mouth but I might be able to pull the rest together.

#54 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Mattel sunk to a new low, that's for sure. But yeah I'll pass these up: they've effectively "EXTREME!" versions of the older Attack Packs (with some models like Slash Cat, Slaughterjaws, Big Bones and King Hiss completely ripped off), with one model creating ten "versions" of the same vehicle just with different names and whatnot. That sucked with the growlers for Attack Pack as is.

As for Dragonfighter, I'll see what I can do. He's kinda a mess in the mouth but I might be able to pull the rest together.

Yeah I guess it's kinda cheap, to copy some of the original ideas from the Attack Pack series like that. Then again it was kinda cheap to release those repaints back then in the Attack Pack series (even though I can't help wanting them all). But still, these Road Beasts are so much like the Attack Packs and even made by the same company, that I think it would be kinda cool to own atleast one of them, atleast for comparison.

I can barely understand how someone would get ahold of a prototype, makes me want to call Mattel and ask if they got some old stuff laying around.

I'm so envious of your prototype. You know you'll get tired of you Attack Packs eventually and end up selling it to me. B)
But in the meanwhile, a pic would be great, even if the Dragonfighter is in pieces.

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#55 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

Updated the site a little bit. With the McDonalds Happy Meal boxes.

Are you selling your collection KungFuMan? Found this, looks like your picture:

http://articulo.merc...k-pack-1993-_JM
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#56 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:22 AM

Ahahaha, what the hell? XD I feel bad for whoever buys that as it's well overpriced and they took my photo, meaning they probably don't have these items.

I've wired the money to your account for the green Slash Cat. Paypal says it's just waiting for you to claim your money from here and it should be all good. :) By the way, if it helps feel free to use any of my photos for your site. Just 7 more to go, and one Sky Vice to replace before I've "got 'em all".

Oh, I meant to ask, is it possible you can post some pictures of the final four's boxes on your website? I've never actually seen them in their boxes ever.

Edited by KungFuMan, 08 March 2010 - 05:48 AM.

#57 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Yes it's a bit expensive, I kept looking at that price wondering if there were something wrong with my eyes. Sometimes it's so surprising what sellers think they will get for an item (especially if they don't actually have it). As far as I know, we three here, are the only Attack Pack collectors around, since it's so quiet otherwise on the internet about Attack Pack.

Thanks for sending the payment, will log in and claim it. I sent the package today a few hours ago. It's a brown little box in perfect size. They said it should take up to 5 days (usually takes a few more days when I order things from the US though). Let me know when you got it.

Would love to use your photos on my site, was hoping you would say that, that will be a great addition, thanks! :)

So 7 more and then you got all 54 Attack Packs? (Unless there are others out there. Because you didn't know about the wire-controlled one before you found that one, did you?)

Will try to scan and post pics of the final four later tonight. Will let you know when it's done here.

Edited by allinthestyle, 08 March 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#58 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Added the pics of the boxes of the final four to the site now. They were kinda hard to figure how to fit in my scanner, maybe I'll make better scans another time.

And oh, I found these commercials, check them out:

Original series commercial

Happy Meal commercial

I'll try to add them to the site, but I can't figure out how to.

Edited by allinthestyle, 08 March 2010 - 12:07 PM.

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#59 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

As far as I know, we three here, are the only Attack Pack collectors around, since it's so quiet otherwise on the internet about Attack Pack.

I actually know of one other person that also collects Attack Pack, though his collectino is probably the smallest out of all of ours. XD But yeah I'm amazed by how few people collect these, they're ignored even by the more hardcore Hot Wheels collectors even. I like that a lot though at the same time, since it means we're not in the same boat as other collectors who are stuck paying a ton to slowly complete their sets. :\

I say 7 (+ one to fix...I'm going to look at Sky Vice tomorrow, open him up and see if it's a part I can replace from another broken one if I can find one), but I'm pretty sure there will be a few more to turn up eventually. One thing that comes to mdin is I remember as a kid seeing a watch with a Slaughterjaws on it a la the Darkclaw one, but have never seen it since. And there's still the chance of the prototypes popping up online: Big Mouth has yet to be seen, and may still exist as a resin model.

I'll try and download that first video tonight and toss it on my youtube chan.

#60 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:41 AM

I actually know of one other person that also collects Attack Pack, though his collectino is probably the smallest out of all of ours.

Yeah and I guess there are a few people who bid whenever there are rare items on ebay, so there must be some secret collectors. Hopefully they'll show up here and show their collections.

One thing that comes to mdin is I remember as a kid seeing a watch with a Slaughterjaws on it a la the Darkclaw one, but have never seen it since.

Oh that's interesting, that means there's one more Attack Pack on my want list, perhaps there are others aswell. BTW, could you tell me what it says on the back of the package of the one you have, what year, and was it made by Mattel or some other company?

I'll try and download that first video tonight and toss it on my youtube chan.

That would be great, then I could paste it on my site. If it works, let me know where it is. And if you would like to do the same with the other too that would be great.
Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#61 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Did a few updates to the site. But could anyone tell me which are which of the following ones...

Big Chill
Jungle Jaws
Grizzlor
Mane Mauler

...aswell as what year they were made, and if they got a "good" or "evil" symbol?

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#62 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

In the order of those on your site:
Grizzlor
Big Chill
Jungle Jaws
Mane Mauler

If memory serves (my attack packs are at my fiancee's atm XD) they didn't have symbols on them. (Side note, it didn't arrive yet >_< fingers crossed for tomorrow). Oh and I really do need to figure out how to download those videos, you've managed to get all the official commercials in one fell swoop, albeit french!

Edited by KungFuMan, 15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#63 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Did a few updates to the site.

Hey man, that is a sweet site! Maybe when I'm done with muscle collecting I'll move into Attack Packs. I haven't seen most of those on your site, some of those are pretty bad ass. I especially like the sandstinger and riptile ones. Anyways, good job on the site it rocks!

Edited by Biffard, 15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#64 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

Something of interest when I was looking for a Sandstinger to toss a link to Biffard:
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!jxy5bZ.Q...&next=26298

Apparently the JapaneseChinese got them too? o.O

Edited by KungFuMan, 15 March 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#65 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hey kungfuman, thanks for the link.

I have a question for ya now. On that link you posted there is a picture on the back of a box with a picture of the darkclaw on it. It looks a ton better in the picture than in real life because his teeth are razor sharp and he just looks vicious. Is that just marketing as usual or is the japanese version different and has the sharper teeth?

Edited by Biffard, 15 March 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#66 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

Nah, that was marketing. The original line looks very different between what's on the box and what's actually available (Slaughterjaws had pipes coming from its inner head, Slash Cat's tongue was a hose, Darkclaw looked more vicious, and Sandstinger's chain was shaped like an actual scorpion's tail). Even as a kid I was annoyed I wasn't getting what was shown on the box. When the growlers came out they started using the actual toys at least.

@allinthestyle: It arrived! Many thanks for the send, I've gotta say the little box is cute too. XD

Edited by KungFuMan, 16 March 2010 - 03:10 AM.

#67 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

Finally, as a matter of space, I decided to collect only one blister per vehicle. This makes the count of my missing ones low to 9 loose (plus two with broken wheels that must be replaced) an 'only' 25 blisters/boxes (4 of them on way).

#68 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

You got a broken King Hiss? Any chance you've run into the other three from the final four again lately?

#69 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

You got a broken King Hiss? Any chance you've run into the other three from the final four again lately?

My broken King Hiss is an exchange I made with allinthestyle. I have not seen another auction of the last four ones since I bought my last ones (I'll tell you if I find something).

#70 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

Well, thanks to looking for that Sandstinger for Biffard, I managed to use some deduction and found a chinese in-box Toothslayer! :lol: Took some considerable effort and a go between (and shipping will be interesting), but it's cool to have on on the way.

Posted Image

Sadly looks like I was too late to snag anything else, he had a boxed King Hiss as well but the auction ended before I could send you the link man. Currently to boot, the only other attack packs on the site are the tanks, which while with boxes (but not *in* the box) will be costly through this means.

Edited by KungFuMan, 18 March 2010 - 03:07 AM.

#71 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:09 AM

Awesome score bro! I think it looks cool in Chinese writing too!

While i can't take credit for your find, I also can't help but feel like I helped bring two long lost friends together :lol:

#72 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Haven't had much time in the last few days, but I see alot has happened here.

Thanks KungFuMan for the names, hope I got them right on the site now. Yes, figured out how to post the videos on my site. Really cool to see these old commercials, I remember some of them from TV back then. I like those special versions of Darkclaw and Slashcat they made especially for the commercial, I wonder how they made them. Would love to have one of those!

Thanks Biffard, glad to hear you like the site. :thumbsup:
Hopefully Google will include it soon, have been trying to make them crawl it. And yes go ahead and collect Attack Packs you too Biffard, once you start you'll be hooked. Sandstinger is one of my favorites too, but my absolute favorite has to be Slaughterjaws. What is everyone elses favorite Attack Packs btw?

Thanks for posting that link KungFuMan, with the Chinese Attack Packs. I wrote him a message, but no reply. Would love to have one of those too. Can't believe you found one and so quickly. I have to ask, can you tell me where, and are there still any left?

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#73 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

There's a Taiwanese website called Ruten, but had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to buy it: it's very much against access from people outside of Taiwan. In the end I lucked out and got ahold of someone that ran business there, but it'll end up only being a one-shot deal. :\

As of now, only the two tanks are there, and other than the logo the boxes are exactly the same as the US one, so it's not worth pursuing. But apparently several have sold there: Thunderbear and Sibertooth, King Hiss, and a few others though the auctions are to old to see which are which. Might be a good idea to pull the images off them.

#74 allinthestyle

allinthestyle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Thanks KungFuman, have checked out the site now. Glad to hear it worked out for you, good job on making that deal, and yeah it might not be worth the trouble for me to try to do the same. Hard enough to browse a site in that language, the pictures will do fine for me I guess.

Anyone in need of a intact King Hiss btw? Corlan?

Hot Wheels Attack Pack

#75 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

That is a great find, KungFuMan, congratulations!

And thanks, allinthestyle, I have just send a message to that seller (the King Hiss head is missing, but I can replace it with mines) ^^

Edited by Corlan, 18 March 2010 - 01:00 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com