Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The most amazing find in M.U.S.C.L.E. History!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#76 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

i know there has been some contact with Mattel in the past but has anyone ever considered realy digging into the history of these figures?

I think Veers has done pretty much all that is possible:

http://rare-muscle-s...od.com/id1.html

#77 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:54 AM

There are two other hurdles that have slowed me. One, they won’t pass you on to someone that has “been there a long time” (which makes sense). And two, they can’t go back in HR records and release any names (again this makes sense).

I’ve even tried going through He-Man employees (Mattel), but it hasn’t helped.

Edited by General Veers, 23 January 2006 - 06:55 AM.

#78 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:38 AM

I think Veers has done pretty much all that is possible:

http://rare-muscle-s...od.com/id1.html

In light of Johnny's find, its interesting to know all M.u.s.c.l.e.s were manufactured in Japan. If SRs were pulled from the line or discontinued or whatever the case may have been, its possible that more of them remained in Japan than reached the US.
Posted Image

#79 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

I have a question for all those of you who have picked up one of these. If you notice, in the FAQ, I didn't list pricing. Do you want me to put in the price? Also, I didn't note the current owners (a feature I will be adding), but I will after you announce that you have one.

Also, for the record, the Warsman figure has found a home!

#80 swinger8

swinger8

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:55 AM

Hey we are going to prolly have to start a poll for naming the find.... :lol:

My pick is The Elite Eleven........

I hope when the 4 (edit: 2 left!) that have been traded/sold arrive at their new homes we get to see some more pics....I would have loved to get Terryman.... :lol:

Edited by swinger8, 23 January 2006 - 08:55 AM.

#81 fwgeneral

fwgeneral

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

great find!

#82 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

Good News!
Ben Leach from the BB/LB Lee's Article, emailed me this morning and Lee's said, "it sounds like at a later date, they would be interested in doing a
M.U.S.C.L.E. review!"

TGB

#83 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

Good News!
Ben Leach from the BB/LB Lee's Article, emailed me this morning and Lee's said, "it sounds like at a later date, they would be interested in doing a
M.U.S.C.L.E. review!"

TGB

Sweet! :lol:

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#84 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

Brocken Jr has found a new home. :cry:

That possibly leaves the Robin Mask figure. Although I am waiting on a reply back from one person who said they wanted it for certain. If he doesn't get it, I am really thinking about keeping him, but a few people have asked about him and I was also considering an auction, since he is the last one I am letting go of. I could eBay it, which would also draw more people to the boards and to the AKIA Store. Or I could auction it off here on the board, and skip the eBay fees, since more than likely, the high bidder would be from this board anyways.

What do you guys think?

#85 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

Brocken Jr has found a new home. e+

That possibly leaves the Robin Mask figure. Although I am waiting on a reply back from one person who said they wanted it for certain. If he doesn't get it, I am really thinking about keeping him, but a few people have asked about him and I was also considering an auction, since he is the last one I am letting go of. I could eBay it, which would also draw more people to the boards and to the AKIA Store. Or I could auction it off here on the board, and skip the eBay fees, since more than likely, the high bidder would be from this board anyways.

What do you guys think?

I think sell it here in an AKIA auction, place a reserve w/ someone here that is NOT interested in it (so the reserve is known by someone other than you), and then if it doesn't reach the reserve sell it on Ebay.

Just my opinion... :cry:

TGB

#86 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

I would try to save on ebay fees myself too. You will probably get a ton of offers here if you do an AKIA auction. That is if you don't hear back from the potential buyer.

:cry:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#87 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

I would sell it on AKIA. That way it has a better chance to stay in the community for all muscle collectors to enjoy. Especially in the future, if further questions come up then the owner can be easily accessible rather than potentially some unknown ebayer and lost to obscurity.

This is assuming, of course, that the other SRs have been sold to other board members...

Posted Image

#88 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

What do you guys think?

I'm rather surprised that you're selling/trading off your find Johnny.

I would figure that a BIG M.U.S.C.L.E. head such as yourself would hold on to such a find... but I guess it's just too lucrative of a offer to pass up by selling them off. :cry:
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#89 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

What do you guys think?

I would figure that a BIG M.U.S.C.L.E. head such as yourself would hold on to such a find... but I guess it's just too lucrative of a offer to pass up by selling them off. :cry:

It's a effing goldmine he's sitting on! e+
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#90 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

If they are prototypes why werent they made in america? I don't see anything wrong with most of them. I don't get it. Awesome find.

#91 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

What do you guys think?

I traded one to get a BHS and kept the ones I liked the best. Before the find, I had none, now I have 5
Prism Man (PM), Black Hole Sunshine (BHS), 2 piece Satan Cross from Part24 (SC24), Buffaloman G (BG) and Mysterious Partner 2 (MP2).

Part of selling the others was to be able to get them out to a bunch of collectors who had been, up to now, unable to procure any. The other half of it was being because of the $$$

One thing I am glad is that, save for one person who got 2, all the others went to different people.

#92 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

One thing I am glad is that, save for one person who got 2, all the others went to different people.

Cool!

Hm, I wonder who got two?

Posted Image

#93 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

Cool!

Hm, I wonder who got two?

The two figures you are referring to are the two that I received from Johnny. I traded one of my two BHS Super Rare Figures for the Terry Man and then purchased the Satancross © figure from the remaining figures he had from the 28-Pack at the time.

They are 100% legit just like the rest of my Super Rares. When I first saw the pic Johnny sent me I knew they were the real deal. Here's a pic of the two Super Rares side by side their Kinkeshi twins...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#94 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:09 AM

Maybe Jon should initiate a Super Rare Contest of sorts where the winner will get a Super Rare Robin Mask. :cry: Just wishful thinking for us poor peoples. e+

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 24 January 2006 - 06:11 AM.

Posted Image

#95 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

Here's a pic of the two Super Rares side by side their Kinkeshi twins...

Okay, I'm terribly confused here... if the "Super Rare" figures already exist as kinnkeshi's then what's the whole big deal about them then?

Not to sound like a novis or something, but it's kinda like someone popping up on the Beastformers boards and saying they found a #101 Skull Grotess when they are already all over the place.

So what's the big deal then?!? :(

#96 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

Here's a pic of the two Super Rares side by side their Kinkeshi twins...

Okay, I'm terribly confused here... if the "Super Rare" figures already exist as kinnkeshi's then what's the whole big deal about them then?

Not to sound like a novis or something, but it's kinda like someone popping up on the Beastformers boards and saying they found a #101 Skull Grotess when they are already all over the place.

They are M.U.S.C.L.E.s and made with M.U.S.C.L.E. plastic, not like their Kinkeshi twins, and therefore mysteriously linked to the M.U.S.C.L.E. line somehow. And we don't know why they were made, which is what makes them so interesting.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#97 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

Compared to BB/LB it would be like finding a monochrome Skull Grotess from the Greek ones.

#98 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:18 PM

So what's the big deal then?!?  :(

Compared to BB/LB it would be like finding a monochrome Skull Grotess from the Greek ones.

Okay, I was understanding it as it these molds had never been seen before.

Just some info for you guys though, Jkaris mentioned the Greek monocolored Battle Beasts which all the collectors at the Beastformers boards thought were rare test shots or prototypes and so they commanded fairly high prices for quite sometime.

Well, come to find out, a couple of members joined who live/lived in Greece and told us that they were quite common, in fact one guy has bucket loads of the Monocolored figures.

As a result, the supply increased and demand decreased since it was known that they weren't prototypes. Those figures are actually quite worthless since so many have surfaced in the last year or so.

#99 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

Maybe Jon should initiate a Super Rare Contest of sorts where the winner will get a Super Rare Robin Mask. :( Just wishful thinking for us poor peoples. B)

I like that idea too!

#100 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:25 PM

Ok, the buyer I was holding him for hasn't responded to my last email so here is the Robin Mask, up for auction on the board:
http://www.littlerub...?showtopic=9782
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com