Battle Beast/Laser Beast Name, Role, Race Spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ok guys, this took me a while to do. I have attached a complete list of all the Beastformer and Laserbeast, Names, Races, Roles and weapons. This list was cross-referenced from Meiji Cards, MIB Cards, LB Book and BB Book. I have researched every possible name.

I also have there Japanese Race so there is no confusion as to what animal is what. You can look it up by their Japanese Kanji. 

Some names you will see are come directly from the Meiji cards. Like "Snake Bom" spelled bom instead of bomb.

I am trying to get the most accurate database out there. I am missing King Cobra's card. So I do not have his role.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. If you seem confused on some names. Let me know and I will break it down why I chose to make it that way.

WhiteLeo

P.S. I got the Excel sheet sent to Jkaris, so it should be up shortly.

Here you go:

http://www.littlerub...iles/bbinfo.zip

Edited by jkaris, 01 December 2013 - 10:31 AM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#2 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks ,And keep up the good work.

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Let me know if the file doesn't work. I am having problems viewing on my Mac. It is coming up blank.

I will never quit.

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Doesn't work.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Doesn't work.

Ok, I am going to PM Jkaris.

I will never quit.

#6 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Yea, it doesn't work :(

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for doing this man, looking forward to seeing the database once it gets finalized. I didn't see the original html version you'd posted or I'd have tried to troubleshoot it for you myself. 

Oh, and while I'm here...

I am missing King Cobra's card. So I do not have his role.

Attached File  cobra-cardIMG.jpg   188.11K   23 downloads

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for doing this man, looking forward to seeing the database once it gets finalized. I didn't see the original html version you'd posted or I'd have tried to troubleshoot it for you myself. 

Oh, and while I'm here...

attachicon.gifcobra-cardIMG.jpg

Thanks bachamn, That is a great copy of that card. I don't have one of that quality. The one I need though would be the jungle border with the Black/Yellow Name and either Autobot or Decepticon on top. It will have the autobot style back as well. The style you have is for the role playing game.

I will never quit.

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

gotcha, sorry I can't help with that one. I don't know very much about the cards, and don't really have that many (mostly just the ones that came with the box sets/vehicles). I'm mostly focusing on completing the set of LB cards; the artwork is exponentially better ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the email Steve. I did a quick export out of Excel and got this to work (posted on my webspace, hope you don't mind)

http://bradleychamne...attlebeasts.htm

I tried playing around with exporting into PDFs but the sheet's a bit wide. I might mess with it later in Acrobat and see what I can do with it. (I was just using the Excel plugin this time around)

Edited by bachamn, 01 December 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#10 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Very nice, however there is one thing.  It's Decepticon.

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

well if we're being technical, considering BBs didn't belong to either faction outside of Japan, it'd actually be Destron ;)

#12 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

well if we're being technical, considering BBs didn't belong to either faction outside of Japan, it'd actually be Destron ;)

Touche.

It should be Autobots & Destrons in regards to the Transformers allegiances.

Edited by FANtomCore, 03 December 2013 - 05:12 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#13 BlacktownWalrus

BlacktownWalrus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is very cool Leo

Thanks for putting this together very grateful for the work :good:

#14 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Ok, so since I am kind of the novice in the way that "I-didn't-care-about-the-cards-or-translations-before-but-now-they-have-piqued-my-interest", maybe I'm just echoing crap that you already knew and took for granted, but I just noticed that the Kings and respective emperors of each land do coordinate in color of skin.  This blows a big old hole in my theory that the colors were just picked at random.  Now, while still random and non-sensical, at least they are corresponding!

Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#15 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

"Mind blown" You are exactly right!

Attached Files

I will never quit.

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

the Kings and respective emperors of each land do coordinate in color of skin.  This blows a big old hole in my theory that the colors were just picked at random.  Now, while still random and non-sensical, at least they are corresponding!

Wow that's an awesome observation, and I never would have known that the diagram was broken up into the Kingdoms without Steve's translations, but it totally matches up! I had also always assumed the coloration was random and wondered why certain figures had such odd skin-color choices. 

If I had been the one making the call, I probably would have gone with a matching-armor color and left the beasts themselves alone but then again, I do love how varied the coloration of the armor is throughout the sculpts. I think I may be reorganizing my shelf tonight...

This just demonstrates that there are still things to be discovered about the line for us Westerners   ;)

Edited by bachamn, 05 February 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#17 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Wow...I score.  While my contributions have been small, I still maintain a status!

Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com